Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: American Idol Season 8

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I guess I don't understand what you mean by the bolded.
    His style, as in, what he usually likes to sing. Kris' style is quiet Indie kid, IMO, and some may not like that, either. Just stating.

By tongue usage, I meant, he sticks out his tongue frequently when he's singing. I've heard/read from some people that it has.

My point was that not everyone that disfavors Adam, is doing so based on his sexual orientation, and it's unfair for someone to assume so. It's his ego that bugs the crap out of me.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Great show tonight!!

Custom Title
    Short and sweet "yea Chris won"

I think Kris' words said everything....Kris said.....Adam deserved to win. I agree. Kris didn't come near in talent to Allison or Danny let alone Adam and he knew it.

I thought the roof would collapse after the Adam & Kiss performance!! It was an excellent all around show & at least this time I didn't have a heart attack like I did the night Ruben beat out Clay!! I pretty much expected this result & wish Kris much luck in the future. Nice young man with a nice voice. I think Adam will be more successful just as Clay was. JMO

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    So happy for Kris.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I guess all the little girls voted for Kris - so much for the talent end of American Idol. Adam has the voice and the personna of a rock star - he will be bigger than Kris anyway even without the so called "title" American Idol winner. Adam will be signing long after Kris has his five minutes of fame....

As I predicted from the beginning - no one effeminate will win regardless of the talent.
    The sweet little winner though, did have a nice 40's style voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater View Post
    I guess all the little girls voted for Kris - so much for the talent end of American Idol. Adam has the voice and the personna of a rock star - he will be bigger than Kris anyway even without the so called "title" American Idol winner. Adam will be signing long after Kris has his five minutes of fame....
    Lad you said it so well. I just couldn't believe that America has made this such a popularity contest. It's a talent contest. Adam is/was memorable....Kris I didn't even think about until he was in the bottom 2 for 2 or 3 times. I think America paid a dis-service to Kris....and............he said it so well himself....Adam deserved to win...I was so embarrassed for Kris. I hope that he can deal with the stress of it all. I just can't believe America did this to him.

I voted for Adam based on his talent....I was excited each week to see what he was going to perform. I voted for Adam based on his talent and I don't really care for his genre of music but I thought I would vote based on his talent. Even when he screamed he was on pitch. All in all I voted for him because I thought he had the MOST TALENT of all of them. I think the one thing I liked about Adam was the staging of his whole routine right down to his fingertips. Kris came out wearing a pair of wrinkled jeans... I would look at him and say....Ok I guess I deserved a whole lot of your time.

AI has never been just about the talent... *maybe* the first season... but after that. nope. it's a pop icon that's all about what's popular. The talented come close, but in the end someone wins and it's not going to be everyone's choice... I think the two who make the finale are the big winners... anymore it comes too close...

what's surprising is they didn't give us the number of how many votes came between the winner and the loser. Every year since Clay and Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuben (did you see him in the audience???) Ryan's made a big deal of how close it was... makes you wonder...

To make this a gay issue is a little far fetched... I think it has more to do with the style of music they sing and looks - certainly - but not their sexual orientation.

Custom Title
    I guess Joe pretty much summed it up. As much as I don't want to scream "homophobia!", oh well. Since when AI was all about talent anyway?
    I just hope Adam will have a great post-AI career.

Custom Title
    I think everybody will get what they want in this case.I bet people are standing in line to get a hold of Adam. I kind of feel bad for Kris's wife. I hope the marriage can survive under all this fame and fortune. Arent they newlyweds?

they are, but AFAIK, the marriages of the former Idols (winners and runners up) are solid...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    what's surprising is they didn't give us the number of how many votes came between the winner and the loser. Every year since Clay and Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuben (did you see him in the audience???) Ryan's made a big deal of how close it was... makes you wonder...
    Toni, I wondered about that too. I texted my female boss when they announced Kris as the winner and told her that her 5 votes could have put Adam as the winner. It was very hard trying to get through to vote for Adam.

Toni, I am making you my official "make Dee feel better" representative. We'll talk about pay later.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    To make this a gay issue is a little far fetched... I think it has more to do with the style of music they sing and looks - certainly - but not their sexual orientation.
    You know what Toni, I do feel that voting was based on that issue or at least that Adam was different, whatever that means. The reason I say this is because I was listening to the radio driving to work and at least 10 people stated they voted for Kris because he was "normal" ....Adam was too far out there. I couldn't believe my ears. No mention of whether he had talent or not....he was just too far out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginask8s View Post
    I think everybody will get what they want in this case.I bet people are standing in line to get a hold of Adam. I kind of feel bad for Kris's wife. I hope the marriage can survive under all this fame and fortune. Arent they newlyweds?
    IIRC, he mentioned in an interview that they were married last year but had been together since high school. The only really successful Idol contestant who was married when he auditioned (that I can recall) is Chris Daughtry, and AFAIK he and his wife are still together.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast