Yuna watching Patrick LP in 4CC | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuna watching Patrick LP in 4CC

R.D.

Record Breaker
Yu-na's fans kind of scare me at times... I mean I love Yu-na and all but really to video tape her watching someone else skate? That's a bit much...

I don't even want to imagine what the situation is like for her in Korea. She appears to have some real lunatics for fans...folks that make even the most rabid Kwaniacs seem mum. The type that would stalk her or worse, potentially...she'd better watch out.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Well, as an "able bodied" man myself, I sort of don't take to blanket statements like this very well. Even being fairly young (early 20s), I certainly do NOT think of Kim in "that way" - others might but for someone to say "every [man] wants to be with her" or "every [man SHOULD] be with her"- comments like that just get under my skin. Sorry for the digression.

Well of course, I was just giving one comparison... And it's totally true that other people find different people attractive..

I don't even want to imagine what the situation is like for her in Korea. She appears to have some real lunatics for fans...folks that make even the most rabid Kwaniacs seem mum. The type that would stalk her or worse, potentially...she'd better watch out.

Yeah, I'm glad that she is able to train in relative peace in Canada. It's probably the only thing that keeps her sane...

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well of course, I was just giving one comparison... And it's totally true that other people find different people attractive..

Yes, absolutely. I have to restrain myself to avoid going off on a rant so I'll stop now.

cosmos

On the Ice
Yu-na's fans kind of scare me at times... I mean I love Yu-na and all but really to video tape her watching someone else skate? That's a bit much...

I watched the video again and found that the guy actually titled it 4CC PAPARAZZI. So he knew it but didn't think it was wrong. Well, it is true that privacy is not appreciated in Korea as much as in US, Canada...

Wrlmy

Medalist
Well, based on her recent banquet photos and modelling gigs she's done, she does look like someone lots of boys from my high school/college would want to 'score' (sorry for lack of a better word, and I'm not using this term as a noun I promise), but what do I know? I'm just jealous of her physique.:biggrin:

But I believe female and male point of view on beauty or hotness can be very different. Whenever I tell my boyfriend Keira Knightley is really hot, he goes 'ew'.
He finds her and most of skaters too scrawny while I find them really gorgeous.
So girls telling men whom they whould find attractive makes me :laugh:
But to me, girls who can rock the runway are the most gorgeous.;)

As for rabid fans/paparazzi, I do derive entertainment out of their photos/videos, but I can't even imagine what their subject has to go through.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Well, based on her recent banquet photos and modelling gigs she's done, she does look like someone lots of boys from my high school/college would want to 'score' (sorry for lack of a better word, and I'm not using this term as a noun I promise), but what do I know? I'm just jealous of her physique.:biggrin:

But I believe female and male point of view on beauty or hotness can be very different. Whenever I tell my boyfriend Keira Knightley is really hot, he goes 'ew'.

As for rabid fans/paparazzi, I do derive entertainment out of their photos/videos, but I can't even imagine what their subject has to go through.

Very true... Wrmly. Some people will find Yu-na pretty others.. Not so much, it depends. I think she's quite pretty, but I'm certainly not one to tell men what they should like.. Plus, I think it would be difficult for a long time member of this board to think of Yu-na that way anyways. I mean we've all been watching Yu-na skate since she was 14/15... And so I'm sure to go from oh she's a cute kid to well an adult is weird anyways... If I was seeing Joubert since he was a little kid skating, I'm not sure I'd kind find him as hot as I find him to be....:laugh:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker

Must agree with your partner here. She's such a stick figure! :p The vast majority of runway models I find to be meh, anyways, because of how skinny they all are.:laugh:

Both views differ, yes, but only in a general sense. individuals' views differ on a more specific basis. As for Yu Na, she will get "attention" from plenty of men. I'm just not one of them, that's all. No one loses any sleep...fine.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Must agree with your partner here. She's such a stick figure! :p The vast majority of runway models I find to be meh, anyways, because of how skinny they all are.:laugh:

Both views differ, yes, but only in a general sense. individuals' views differ on a more specific basis. As for Yu Na, she will get "attention" from plenty of men. I'm just not one of them, that's all. No one loses any sleep...fine.

Oh I'm glad men aren't loving the runnaway models. I mean I get why someone like Yu-na is thin, she's a world class athlete, but these runaway models are even thinner and with no absolute purpose. (sigh)

Wrlmy

Medalist
Oh they do have absolute purpose. Their livelihood depends on their thinness. :biggrin: Lots of women are naturally thin and small boned, and part of fashion industry is devoted to creating outfits to hide flaws and express their thinness into beauty. I am thin no matter how much I swallow, and I choose pretty dress over breast implant.:p

So Red Dog and my boyfriend. That's two men. May I say men prefer full figure over stick figure? Oh well, I'm screwed.

I think models are thin because you are selling the clothes, not the girl. If you are tall and thin and have nice bony shoulders, then your clothes hang beautifully on you like on a clothes hanger, with no awkward lumps to take away from the line of the garment.

As I tell my 17 year old niece who is six feet tall, if you are tall and thin you can grab any old thing off the rack and look like a million bucks in it. If you have a rounder figure, then you have to watch out for the cut, the color, no horizontal stripes, etc., etc.

Red Dog said:
As for Yu Na, she will get "attention" from plenty of men. I'm just not one of them, that's all.

Well, Yu-na isn't Kimmie... ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think models are thin because you are selling the clothes, not the girl. If you are tall and thin and have nice bony shoulders, then your clothes hang beautifully on you like on a clothes hanger, with no awkward lumps to take away from the line of the garment.

As I tell my 17 year old niece who is six feet tall, if you are tall and thin you can grab any old thing off the rack and look like a million bucks in it. If you have a rounder figure, then you have to watch out for the cut, the color, no horizontal stripes, etc., etc.

You've a point. I never thought of it like that.

Well, Yu-na isn't Kimmie

So what? :confused: Of course she isn't. What are you trying to say here?

R.D.

Record Breaker
Just kidding you, RD. Kimmie is the only skater you can half-way stand in the least, so I am picking her for your favorite. :cool:

Ah, I see. You're sneaky. But I don't think this is the right context for that- we're talking about physical attractiveness, not favorite skater, no?

As for favorite, I think you can say any American lady competing this season is my favorite right now. I want us to do well. Meissner has been through a lot and it's been tough to see her deteriorate so quickly. Her SP was my favorite this season.

cosmos

On the Ice
:rofl: Oh my that's so creepy. More like Evan's met back of her head.
I kinda had sneaky suspicion that Yuna and Patrick might be bit more than friends. Yuna's inviting Patrick to her show in Korea and her reaction in the video, and Patrick saying 'she's very very pretty' in his interview before gpf and stuffs. :p

I am almost sure that they are just friends. But, Patrick may like her as a woman. It just occurred to me that in the very show in Korea Patrick handed her a rose on the rink preparing the performance. A lot of fan saw it and its photo was on Korean boards. YuNa surely didn't expect it and was like WHAT IS THIS?
Was it his revealation of his crush on her? I don't know. Actually, I have the photo, but I wouldn't post it.

YuNa waching Patrick's lp doesn't mean anything. She usually watch men's performance and she likes many male skaters who skate great.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
YuNa waching Patrick's lp doesn't mean anything. She usually watch men's performance and she likes many male skaters who skate great.
From past interviews and reports, it seems a lot of the male skaters appreciate Yu-Na and her skating, and she seems to be a fan of several skaters. After 2008 Worlds there was some discussion about it, I think (including people joking about Yu-Na and Brian Joubert getting together and what their kids would skate like). So I wouldn't read to much into her watching Patrick or liking him/his skating. He's a very good skater and they're about the same age and train in the same area - they probably have quite a bit in common.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
when other skaters talk about Yuna for whatever reason I think of Midori Ito and how she seemed to become every male skater's favorite... almost like a token mascot or something...

bekalc

Record Breaker
when other skaters talk about Yuna for whatever reason I think of Midori Ito and how she seemed to become every male skater's favorite... almost like a token mascot or something...

Yes, but Midori and Yu-na are completely different skaters, so I think Yu-na is liked for different reasons than Midori was. I think Midori was liked because she jumped as well if not better than the men, and so the men were in awe.

I think Yu-na is liked for her beauty and artistry, in contrast.. Her jumps too but I think her jumps are second thought.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
actually I'm not talking liking her skating... just her as a person...

I think the other skaters are easier to accept her because they admire her for breaking out.. if that makes sense... they take her under their wing. that sort of thing...

bekalc

Record Breaker
actually I'm not talking liking her skating... just her as a person...

I think the other skaters are easier to accept her because they admire her for breaking out.. if that makes sense... they take her under their wing. that sort of thing...

Well true, it's hard to resent her when it was likely way more difficult for her than the others...

Daniel5555

On the Ice
I'm a fan of Yuna, but I really don't like when some people make videos like this. They just don't respect at all the privacy of the skaters.
Those girls already have enough pressure with competitions...