1st Day on the Job! | Golden Skate

1st Day on the Job!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Well, your tax dollars were hard at work today signing document after document saying the same thing so that I could be an official census bureau worker. I said a little oath to defend the constitution and got finger printed.

8 hours + an hour lunch and my first day of training done! I have been given an employee number, badge, and my position. I am the full time receptionist!

Every two months I can 'reapply' - which basically means I say "yes" or "no" to wanting to continue with the program. I basically have a job until July 2010 unless something happens and we finish the number crunching before then (which apparently won't happen lol).

So yay! Now I have a three day weekend and resume training on Tuesday!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So how is it going Toni??? Details, please.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Nice going on your new job. I hope it works out well.

I start mine on Monday. Between Friday and yesterday, I've spent several hours with a realtor looking at condominiums up in Massachusetts.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Thank you for the kind thoughts everyone. :biggrin:

Toni, what did you guys do with that volcano of yours?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Toni & Bob, how are the jobs going??? We need an update please.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Bob - sorry I didn't see your question till now - Redoubt has always been a threat, and I was around for the last eruption... but it's nothing overly exciting. I guess when you live in the Ring of Fire it's not as BIG lol

Dee - job is going well. Got 4 hours of overtime (preapproved) yesterday... I'm tired.