If you're a Fedor Andreev fan, please read | Golden Skate

If you're a Fedor Andreev fan, please read

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I was thinking of writing Fedor a thank you note for his reply to my fan letter, but then I realized his birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks (March 2nd). It might be a nice idea to put together his fans' well wishes on a large birthday card. If anyone wants to send him a message, please let me know ASAP. Since it takes approx. 6 business days for mail to travel from my location to the USA, I'll have to post it no later than the 20th so that the card will reach him on time. I wish I had thought of this earlier as there are only a handful of days left before the deadline, but we'll just have to make do with what we have.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
oooooooo good luck organizing something like this in such a short amount of time!

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
oooooooo good luck organizing something like this in such a short amount of time!

Thanks. :) I know I'm going to miss some folks since not everyone checks this forum on a daily basis. Oh well, that's what I get being a last-minute kind of person. :p

Someone asked me if there was a word limit, and I say that you can make the birthday greeting/words of encouragement as long as you like. It would be great if people included in their PM at least their first name (otherwise I would be stuck with only a GS username ;)) and location, just so he has an idea of where his fans are from.

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I greatly appreciate those of you who took the time to write him something nice. :rock: I thought you guys might be curious as to what the final result looked like, so here are some pics (they're a bit small because I wanted the text to be illegible).

Front of the card: http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/2/20/f_CardFrontm_6fb0a21.jpg

Inside of the card: http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/2/20/f_CardMiddlem_b2687e5.jpg

Back of the card: http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/3/2/20/f_CardBackm_33f50f0.jpg

Considering it was a rushed job, I think the card looks pretty good. Fedor's training was also done at the last-minute, so I guess he and I are even. :p If our group effort doesn't bring a smile to his lovely face, then I don't know what will!

Last edited:

Wrlmy

Medalist
Wow that looks great! and sorry for sending pm at the last minute.
You're awesome:cool:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow that looks great! and sorry for sending pm at the last minute.

Don't worry about it; I received almost half of the submissions the day before I had to mail the card! :laugh:

You're awesome:cool:

Awww. :)

Several fans contacted me after the deadline, and I'm starting to think I might have to organize something for the belated birthday wishes. :think: If there are others who still want to send him a note (or a drawing), please notify me by PM before March 4th. He'll receive them about 10 days after his b-day, which is a bit late, but not horribly so. I did mention to him that I threw everything together at the last minute, and therefore missed a lot of people. I'm sure he'll understand.

Last edited:

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Although today was supposed to be the second deadline, anyone who's interested can still send their belated birthday wishes to Fedor because two fans pleaded with me to give them more time. These messages are already late, anyways, so I figured a couple of more days isn't going to make much of a difference.

Last edited:

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Delightful! Thank you, siberia :).

And thanks to yukisnowflake for posting that.

I'm looking forward to next season for a lot of reasons, and one of those reasons is that I hope full events will be available by means of computer streaming, and I can get to see Fedor compete, live. :) Azerbaijan is eligible to compete in Euros, yes?

siberia82

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Delightful! Thank you, siberia :).

My goal with our group effort was to bring a smile to his handsome face, and it's nice to know that a really big one appeared when he thought about it! So not only did Fedor like my fan letter enough to reply to me, but he also thinks I'm "fabulously creative" when it comes to my card-decorating skills. :p I'm smitten! :love:

That being said, I seriously doubt his name appearing on the Entries List was an error: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showpost.php?p=388614&postcount=49

Azerbaijan is eligible to compete in Euros, yes?

Yes. :yes:

I'm looking forward to next season for a lot of reasons, and one of those reasons is that I hope full events will be available by means of computer streaming, and I can get to see Fedor compete, live. :)

I never had the chance to see him skate in person, and since 2009/2010 will most likely be his final season, I hope I can somehow make this dream come true (I'm not sure about my schedule or my financial situation at this point). I applied for Olympics tix, but I wasn't chosen during the lottery process :cry:, so I'm going to try to plan a trip to Europe for either Nebelhorn, Euros or Worlds. For those of you who regularly attend fs competitions, would Nebelhorn be the least expensive option?

Last edited:

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
My goal with our group effort was to bring a smile to his handsome face, and it's nice to know that a really big one appears when he thinks about it! So not only did Fedor like my fan letter enough to reply to me, but he also thinks I'm "fabulously creative" when it comes to my card-decorating skills. :p I'm smitten! :love:

That being said, I seriously doubt his name appearing on the Entries List was an error: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showpost.php?p=388614&postcount=49

Yes. :yes:

I never had the chance to see him skate in person, and since 2009/2010 will most likely be his final season, I hope I can somehow make this dream come true (I'm not sure about my schedule or my financial situation at this point). I applied for Olympics tix, but I wasn't chosen during the lottery process :cry:, so I'm going to try to plan a trip to Europe for either Nebelhorn, Euros or Worlds. For those of you who regularly attend fs competitions, would Nebelhorn be the least expensive option?

Siberia, we will got to worlds, and in terms of the olys, that's why G-d invented EBAY ;)