Alban Preaubert: “I skate for my own pleasure, not for the results” | Golden Skate

Alban Preaubert: “I skate for my own pleasure, not for the results”

Medusa

Record Breaker
Poor guy. Is it true, did his PCS drop from the last seasons to this season? Come on, that's just plain cruel. And lower PCS than KVDP is just - wrong!

It's really his best season ever - but unfortunately (for him, fortunately for us of course) it's also Ponsero's best season ever so far and Amodio's best season ever so far.

Well, I hope he works with the ice-dance coach again over the summer. It really did him good, but you can't correct everything in one summer - so I hope he does that again. Another thing that I noticed is that he slowed down towards the end of the long program at every competition. He still pulled out the last Triple in the last 15 seconds of the program, but the footwork just seemed a bit laboured, not as passionate or as crisp as it possibly could be. Perhaps he needs to work on his stamina a bit.

Great guy, great interview, thanks for posting! :clap:

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
He was really a pleasant surprise this season. I never saw him skate before this season, and I was really impressed at how consistent his jumps are. I love his 'Kalinka'.

He did a decent LP skate at Euros but so did many others. He did not get the crowd going as much as Contesti, Ponsero or even KVDP. Of course, he ws better than Joubert, imo, but I'm not going to go into that right now.

I think it's his more serious style that confuses the crowd. (just a guess)

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
I think it's his more serious style that confuses the crowd. (just a guess)

Possibly, although at the TEB, he completely electrafied the arena.

I really feel sorry for him being so underscored. I'd like to hear the judges explain themselves to be honest. But let's not go down that road now.

Anyway, it's nice to see him as cheerful and as optimistic as usual. He's probably the friendliest skater in the French team. I'm not one to like French skaters just because they are French, unlike my compatriots. But I must admit, even during his first big senior season when I wasn't really a fan of his skating, I always wished him well because he's so nice.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Possibly, although at the TEB, he completely electrafied the arena.

I really feel sorry for him being so underscored. I'd like to hear the judges explain themselves to be honest. But let's not go down that road now.

The russian audience loved him too! He's probably one of those skaters that the judges don't 'get'.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am upset that Preaubert did not have the opportunity to compete at the GPF or at Worlds this season. :frown: It is absolutely criminal on the part of the judges that his PCS scores are lower than Kevin Van Der Perren's. I really hope that Joubert and Ponsero skate well enough at Worlds for France to have 3 spots for next season's Olympics and Worlds.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the link, nice interview. I became a fan of Preaubert last season and thought he improved so much since then. I was left scratching my head at Europeans when I saw Preaubert's score after his LP. He was so happy after his LP as he should have been after completing the quad and seven triples and his other elements imo were very good too. I can't forget the look on his face in K&C when his score came up. I was very disappointed with his scores and thought they should have been much higher. JMO

Last edited:

mrd2301

Rinkside
Thanks for the post. His LP is fantastic and so is his SP. These programs are absolutely different from what he used to perform and his new style made me become a fan of him. ;) But then I do not get why his PCS marks are such low...

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I've always liked Alban and his skating. I'd prefer him to Ponsero any time.

But. Joubert and Ponsero earned their trips to worlds, and Alban didn't. I also think Amodio should have been sent to Euros. Alban has already had one chance too many, IMO. That's not fair.

I don't know why Alban's PCS've been so low this season. I wish someone knew, so that he'd start working on that.

A medal at Universiade seems very realistic at this point.