Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Kwan to be on NBC's World Championship Broadcast Team

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Joe Biden is so lucky he got to meet Michelle. I am going to run for Vice President.
    I'll be your running mate!

On a serious note I am glad she will be commentating, I am still holding out hope for a comeback though. It will be intresting to hear her thoughts, maybe she'll tell Dick to tone it down a bit.........

Quote Originally Posted by Wrlmy View Post
    Like when she said she's landed a quad?
    Kerrigan said she landed a quad??

Ant

^ Yeah, in practice. I guess she decided it wasn't consistent enough to put in her programs.

Back to Michelle: Hey, guess what? Michelle is going on another State Department good will mission, this time to Ukraine.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2009/02/119784.htm

American Public Diplomacy Envoy Michelle Kwan will travel to Ukraine on February 28th where she will visit Kiev, Yalta, Sevastopol, Bakhchisarai and Odessa. This eight-day trip marks the figure skating champion’s fourth tour as an American Public Diplomacy Envoy for the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.

As a Public Diplomacy Envoy, Ms. Kwan promotes cross-cultural dialogue with international youth and increases understanding of America by sharing her story and life experiences. Kwan’s activities during her trip will include participating in a roundtable discussion with university students, visiting high schools, conducting skating clinics and meeting with alumni of other Department of State exchange programs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by herios View Post
    ITA

The generation Kwan competed with in the US actually had some of the strongest as far as "clusters" of competitors go. Besides Angela, there was Sasha and Sarah Hughes' as well. Made Kwan's tougher to ignore for being, arguably less than "textbook" ideal. I think it was not until 2001 Nationals where Michele did the whole pull her arms back behind her with the somewhat "lazy" free leg down thing, that one could say she found a way to compare/compete, but I loved Angela's. What she never quite learned how to do was to hold it in a forever way that said "look at me and my BEAUTIFUL layback" the way Nicole did with her spirals.

Quote Originally Posted by lcd View Post
    ITA

The generation Kwan competed with in the US actually had some of the strongest as far as "clusters" of competitors go. Besides Angela, there was Sasha and Sarah Hughes' as well. Made Kwan's tougher to ignore for being, arguably less than "textbook" ideal. I think it was not until 2001 Nationals where Michele did the whole pull her arms back behind her with the somewhat "lazy" free leg down thing, that one could say she found a way to compare/compete, but I loved Angela's. What she never quite learned how to do was to hold it in a forever way that said "look at me and my BEAUTIFUL layback" the way Nicole did with her spirals.
    I watched the you tube video... Angela's layback is beautiful, I miss her

Custom Title
    I've been waiting for this news. Angela did have the best layback She could model for snow globes and jewelry boxes..

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5