Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kwan to be on NBC's World Championship Broadcast Team

On the Ice
    oh gag!

I'm thrilled!! I think she will be a great addition. I can't believe Dick Button is still commentating! He rambles on and on and rarely makes sense...he drives me nuts.

Michelle & Uncle Dickie!

Quote Originally Posted by amateur View Post
    I've never heard an Italian sportscast... but from what I know of Italians & their culture, I can just imagine!
    you know, we are not a civilized country.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurofan View Post
    Are the skating commentators like Paola Ferrari? I used to hate watching her on 90o Minuto - it seemed like she was always trying to say as much as possible as fast as possible.
    you wish! There's actually a guy who tries to say as many stupid things as possible as irritatingly as possible.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Yay!!! I am so thrilled because

1: I get to hear Michelle commentate! I think the only time she ever commentated was on the movie 'Ice Princess' with Boitano. I thought they made a good team. Dick Button and Michelle will make a really interesting team I'm sure.

2. NBC can ditch the terrible commentators that they usually use. Who are they anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    Yay!!! I am so thrilled because

1: I get to hear Michelle commentate! I think the only time she ever commentated was on the movie 'Ice Princess' with Boitano. I thought they made a good team. Dick Button and Michelle will make a really interesting team I'm sure.

2. NBC can ditch the terrible commentators that they usually use. Who are they anyway?
    Sandra Bezic, Scott Hamilton and Tom Hammond

I am thrilled with Michelle commentating Michelle in the booth with Uncle Dick

now if only we could get Terry Gannon as well Id gladly have those 3 replace Scott, Sandra Bezic & Tom Hammond & Peter Carruthers anyday

maybe this will spark Michelle's desire to compete again hey one can dream right? Im still holding out for Michelle & Sasha's return to the ice before the Olympics

I think this will be good for Michelle(getting her name out there) and for NBC(possibly advertising that Michelle is commentating, getting better ratings) anything that helps get skating more ratings and more into the spotlight, works for me

Down With It
    I may have mentioned this before (particularly on FSU) but the only good I see her doing is promotion. Put her in the TV ads, etc. But what you DON'T want is to have people thinking she will actually compete there.

^ I think what Michelle will bring to the Worlds broadcast team is what has been missing from figure skating these three years -- a certain requisite measure of Kwanliness.

Down With It
    BTW, I was flipping through the channels and some gymnastics was on this afternoon. During a commercial break, there was an ad for Worlds featuring Alyssa, Rachel and Kim Yu Na, saying "national champion Alyssa Czisny leads the US in taking on the world's best" and the world championships is "coming to NBC March 28th". No mention of MK or any of the other hosts.

Just a heads-up if nothing else.
    Last edited by R.D.; 02-21-2009 at 09:37 PM.

they probably haven't shot the promo spot for MK joining the team yet...

I really hate that NBC thinks they need five million voices commentating... it's stupid.

Custom Title
    Kwanliness?? Whatever that means, I just hope she doesn't giggle excessively

Banned
    Having her there is good for the sport. I hope she does a good job. Also glad that Dick is back, that's fantastic! But that will certainly be weird since I think he was a pretty big advocate of hers. I just remember him flipping out when she won her last Nationals. Guess it would be weirder if it was someone he DIDN'T like though.

he works well enough with Scott and he isn't a big fan of Mr. Hamilton from what I've gathered (he 'respects him' but he never gushed about him from what I've seen)

Down With It
    I can only remember Katarina Witt when she did some TV work for ABC back in 04 (?). She provided eye-candy, sure, but- umm, let's say it wasn't her thing. It might have been the language barrier, but still- there's a reason you stick to the tried and true.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast