Elene GEDEVANISHVILI | Golden Skate

Elene GEDEVANISHVILI

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was a much-needed change. She went from being close to the Euros podium a few years ago to not even making the cut for the FS at Euros.

However, I don't think the coaching change can result in a big improvement in just a few weeks for JW. Maybe by Worlds she will be in better shape.

Eurofan

On the Ice
Thank God for that. She wasn't really getting anywhere with Serov. The 4th place at Finlandia was actually a good result; her win at NRW wasn't a complete surprise, given the rest of the field; her GP events and Euros were awful, though.

lmarie086

Medalist
I am so glad to hear she changed coaches, it was a much needed change! I hope it has a positive influence on her and if not at JW, then at Worlds that we really start to see some changes. I've hated to see her struggle.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I can only hope Wagner can do something for Elene, but I am honestly not sure. Elene was successful only while training with Vodorezova, and has been floundering ever since leaving her. Let's hope, though...

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I'm rather glad to hear that.
Who knows, it might work for her :thumbsup:

goldenpleasures

On the Ice
Good luck to Elene, I really like her. Unfortunately at least some of her jump issues appear to be caused by her body shape. But I really hope the coaching change will help her to regain some of her skills.