Games | Golden Skate

Games

I think this Le Cafe should be renamed Games.

Any information an discussion of skating should go into Announcements.

OK, Mods?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
we're looking into it, and have been off and on for a while...

one way to get the games to go down is to come up with interesting topics and keeping them going... ;) just my personal advice lol

There are no -off topics. It's a Game Forum and why not.?
When I have an interesting off topic I use Announcements so as not to disturb the games. :biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Maybe this is "off topic," ;) ... I like the Idea of changing the name of Le Café to just about anything other than Le Café 2 :laugh:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
My vote would be to have two different topics, one for Le Cafe and one for Games.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There is now a Games subfolder inside Le Cafe. All the games have been moved there.

Politics is now a Le Cafe subfolder as well.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
we're looking into it, and have been off and on for a while...

one way to get the games to go down is to come up with interesting topics and keeping them going... ;) just my personal advice lol
I'm confused, do you all not want the games???

I apologize in advance if that's the case because I started some of them. My idea was to make the board look active.

If I am doing something wrong, I would appreciate someone notifying me that I am doing that.

As I said in another post...LeCafe looks like a ghost town today. I felt that the games added activity and there are several posters who post daily.

I am totally CONFUSED!!!!!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The posters that like the games are having no trouble finding them, and there are several new posts there.

The posters who preferred that the games be consolidated so that it was easier to find the non game threads have started to post a bit more, too.

So it's all good.

No, Dee, you did nothing wrong. A lot of people really enjoy your games. :clap:

Well, nothing wrong except shouting at people with those big, bold, large font exclamations.

The games are great, Dee -- keep 'em coming.

The reason for giving them their own separate folder is so that the people who want to play can find them easily, while the people who want to chat about other things won't have to scroll down or go to page two.

Every time a person posts, that makes the thread go up to the top of the page. When people are playing all the games every day, that keeps all the game threads at the top and eventually pushes all the other topics off the front page.

This way we can do both -- have a dedicated folder for games and still -- we hope -- keep the other topics in the Cafe current.

Politics -- same thing. I think the idea is that it should be like a real cafe. Drop in, chat about everything or nothing, play games, tell all your friends how life is treating you, argue about politics. We hope there is something there for everyone. :)

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Doris & Math for the explanation. I felt like I did something wrong but I understand now why you moved games from your explanation. I guess I forget to complain about things and how I would like them done. I just go with the flow, I guess I need to start exerting my wishes and demands.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The games are great, Dee -- keep 'em coming.

The reason for giving them their own separate folder is so that the people who want to play can find them easily, while the people who want to chat about other things won't have to scroll down or go to page two.

Every time a person posts, that makes the thread go up to the top of the page. When people are playing all the games every day, that keeps all the game threads at the top and eventually pushes all the other topics off the front page.
Well, it has been a month now that the games have been put in their nice little neat folder. Just wanted to comment that the people who screamed the loudest about the games have not posted in Le Cafe in a month. Now that the games have been removed and placed in a folder by themselves, what's the excuse for not posting in Le Cafe, for those of you who said the games cluttered it up.

Just throwing my 2 cents out there........and I thought I would just be a Witch today!!!

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Dee, . Just as many people seem to be playing the games as before. I don't understand what the problem is for you that the games now have their own folder, so they are always easy to find.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dee, . Just as many people seem to be playing the games as before. I don't understand what the problem is for you that the games now have their own folder, so they are always easy to find.
Doris, I appreciate the folder and where you guys placed the games. They are easier to find. I was just being witchy commenting on people....it's like at work...I said to my boss ........ I didn't know that we could say .....NO!! I guess I need to learn how to be self centered.

Please don't misunderstand....I was commenting on the people who said the games were cluttering up Le Cafe, I took it to mean they couldn't find the topics they wanted to respond to because it was cluttered.....so now it's un-cluttered and they still haven't responded. It's just people being people. I was just letting off steam, as I said being witchy.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I expect to see more going on in Le Cafe now that it's the off season. The American Idol thread is heating up and Project Runway starts up in June. And I must say that a few people have found the Politics folder, now that it can be seen inside Le Cafe.

I rather thought the separate folders were a good idea for all-easy to find the games, the politics, and the other topics as well.