Compulsory Dance | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance

lmarie086

Medalist
...It's the Paso!

I for one am pleased; I was really getting tired of the Viennese.

To be honest I'd have preferred the Finnstep, but I'll take the Paso.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If the OD for next year remains folk, we should see plenty of polkas then. I'm glad it is not another darn waltz.

If the OD for next year remains folk, we should see plenty of polkas then. I'm glad it is not another darn waltz.
Why not a Rhumba? A sensuous dance which doesn't get too involved with shaking the butt, or the Mambo. A difflclt dance. Problem with Carribbean dances is that the timing is on the Downbeat, not the upbeat of European dances.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Because that is not what the ISU has chosen. Perhaps they are still on Latin overload from the 1990's? I know I still am.

figuristka

Medalist
I love watching the Paso , i just love the music.

I was much better doing the waltz but love watching Tango's more.

Because that is not what the ISU has chosen. Perhaps they are still on Latin overload from the 1990's? I know I still am.
I understand, and I believe one gets tired of them because the European dancers turn them into Upbeat dances which they are not. The only team I recognized as dancing on the downbeat was that team whose mother of one of them complained about another team's nationality. They danced on bent knees which is important in Carribbean danes.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

oh that's right I forgot!

and no, we won't see polkas... we'll see five million kalinkas! :laugh: :sheesh:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
My silly guess is that since almost no one did a polka last year, especially in seniors (maybe because the Yankee Polka was one of the CD's for the year) that they didn't pick a polka. Next year, many'll think no one picked a polka, so each one will be 'different' by picking a polka.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The OD is folk dance again. I have heard rumors of it being changed, but I think that is people just trying to game the system.

cotillion

Rinkside
Yeah, I'm so glad they are going to use the Paso, and with "BOLD" showing every team , I will surely get my fill of it, we're likely never to see it again, they have picked boring waltzes and tangos for next year, ugh! These may be the last CD's we see, if they phase out the CD, which I hope they don't, I love them, you really get a good sense of a teams ability from them and the costumes are wonderful ! :clap: