tara vrs michelle | Golden Skate

tara vrs michelle

J

Joesitz

Re: tara vrs michelle

Tara - faulty basics! skated on the flat during her compeititve years. Skated like a preteen. No feeling for the music other than to smile constantly. However, the Olys were her night. I doubt she could repeat that (given a healthy hip) again. Improved greatly with the help of Kurt Browning as a Pro Show skater.

Michelle is basics personified. Defines skating by the flow over the ice. Can not do any trick better than another skater but oh, oh, does she have the whole package.

Joe

I

icenut84

If you're talking about the 98 Olympics, Tara hands down. If you mean who I like overall, I like them both.

P

Pookie

I chose both. Michelle would be my favorite but Tara has certainly made a place for herself in the pro ranks. I have enjoyed watching Tara in Stars on Ice.

B

BronzeisGolden02

Well, I'd have to say Michelle by a wide margin. Comparing the two and especially their competitive programs, it is almost always Kwan that moves me with her skill and heart. That isn't to say that I wasn't a fan of Tara's, I thought she was a real talent and had great passion for her sport. The thing that I most respected about Tara was that she could keep her cool and skate countless flawless routines at such a young age. I was quite pleased that she was able to let it all go in Nagano and finally skate with what I would deem as undeniable heart. But, if I could only watch one of these two skaters perform in a one-woman show, it'd be Michelle without question. I feel there's more depth to her skating, she reaches you (me anyway!) on so many different levels.

L

Lanechka

Michelle. I don't like Tara AT ALL. Never did, probably never will.

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

oh the off-season

just remember they really aren't comparable... they have different styles... be civil! :lol:

S

sk8ing lady2001

Tara and Michelle are, IMO, both great skaters. Therefore, it <strong>is</strong> possible to love both these ladies. :)

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

yes, Angie, but you're practically one of a kind! :lol: :)

M

mmandel

Please keep Pandoras Box Closed. MK for me!

M

mathman444

Trivia question: What was the last thing that came out of Pandora's box?

Hint: After all the catastrophic things that came out, the last thing was something good.

Mathman

L

Lucy25

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>. Can not do any trick better than another skater but oh, oh, does she have the whole package.[/quote]
Can't agree here. Among other "tricks", there is no one in the skating world who can equal her split falling leaf.

G

Glacierskater

I do not feel that Tara gave much back to the sport. She was a bit of a flash in the pan...Michelle is a pillar of strength in the skating world...Tara is...well, what is Tara doing in the skating world?