Japan's Fuji TV signs Nagasu for Worlds coverage | Golden Skate

Japan's Fuji TV signs Nagasu for Worlds coverage

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Mirai Nagasu makes the (Fuji TV) team for figure skating worlds - by Phil Hersh, Los Angeles Times

She'll be doing interviews for the Japanese Network's coverage from the stands.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hmm...This could only be good for her going into the Olympic Year. Worked well for Meissner in '05 :agree:

camion

On the Ice
Mirai already has Japanese citizenship, she is a dual citizen.of the U.S. and Japan. I think what you guys are trying to get @ is if she'll be an athlete that officially represents Japan. I think she has a better chance of being a top tier skater in the U.S.

lcd

Match Penalty
Mirai already has Japanese citizenship, she is a dual citizen.of the U.S. and Japan. I think what you guys are trying to get @ is if she'll be an athlete that officially represents Japan. I think she has a better chance of being a top tier skater in the U.S.

While the ladies in Japan are quite deep, they had a very disappointing Junior Worlds. I think with none in the top 10 they will only have 1 spot at Junior Worlds next season. And on the senior side, there are quite a few veterans who seem like perennials. That said, Mirai does seem to fit into an age gap that could make her an attractive choice for Team Japan. Bottom line though, as a recent US champion, I think it would be very unlikely the US would release her.

She is adorable. Hope she has fun with this opportunity.