130.55 RIPPON - JW 2008
    128.96 BREZINA - JGP Merano 2008
    125.01 REYNOLDS - JW 2008
    123.79 YANG - JGP BLR 2008
    119.71 TEN - JGP BLR 2008
    113.04 OI - JGP BLR 2008
    112.48 GRIGORIEV - JGP GBR 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Wasn't Joubert like 15 back then? He moved up to seniors very quickly, never looked back to the juniors and won the Bronze at Euros at the age of 17.

Amodio turns 19 in May. He is, from a dancing and artistic standpoint, much more talented than Joubert in my opinion - they share the great basics and a certain confidence in their performances.
    What I was trying to say is that I'm not sure it's always a good idea to base our expectation on skaters' career in juniors. Some transition successfully, some don't, and some make a much bigger splash as seniors than they ever did in the junior ranks - especially people like Joubert or Stephane who moved to seniors at a very young age.

Obviously I can't compare Brian and Florent, having only seen one of them skate. Maybe if Florent skates well enough in the LP I'll get to see highlights during the ice resurface .

I would be very happy if Brezina skates well enough to win. When he's on he's fantastic to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Ross Miner just turned 18 in January, so he has another year of Junior eligibility. If he does the JGP next fall and makes the JGPF, he will have lots of ISU ranking points and will most likely end up in the final two SP groups for JW 2010.
    That's if the USFS doesn't have to give out booby prizes to senior skaters of the correct age because they didn't qualify for Worlds 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I would be very happy if Brezina skates well enough to win. When he's on he's fantastic to watch.
    (Amodio's JGPF and French Nationals performances are on youtube... They are great to watch)

I actually like Rippon a lot, about as much as I like Brezina. Brezina seems to be the more versatile skater, a truly unique talent with outstanding musicality, special jumping ability and incredible basics. What I love about Rippon is his obvious joy while skating, he looks as if he is enjoying himself out there, he has several moves that are simply beautiful (layback spin, that great entrance into the Lutz)...

But since Brezina is from Europe I am obviously cheering for him.

Wow, Brezina got +3s for his Triple Axel. Way to go, boy!!!

Custom Title
    practising Smetana's Macbeth and the Witches...
    (Amodio's JGPF and French Nationals performances are on youtube... They are great to watch)

I actually like Rippon a lot, about as much as I like Brezina. Brezina seems to be the more versatile skater, a truly unique talent with outstanding musicality, special jumping ability and incredible basics. What I love about Rippon is his obvious joy while skating, he looks as if he is enjoying himself out there, he has several moves that are simply beautiful (layback spin, that great entrance into the Lutz)...

But since Brezina is from Europe I am obviously cheering for him.
    Wait, you like Adam Rippon and Michal Brezina equally but you're cheering for Brezina since he's from Europe... Did I get that right??? It's hilarious...

Quote Originally Posted by Alicja View Post
    Wait, you like Adam Rippon and Michal Brezina equally but you're cheering for Brezina since he's from Europe... Did I get that right??? It's hilarious...
    Well, first of all, I love men's skating so much, I want everyone to have a brilliant outing - the most brilliant one wins then. Both Rippon and Brezina are amazing.

But someone has to win - and in this case I want Brezina to win, because he is from Europe, as am I. It's rather simple. Some US-Americans on this board tend to cheer for their guys too.

Custom Title
    practising Smetana's Macbeth and the Witches...
    Well, first of all, I love men's skating so much, I want everyone to have a brilliant outing - the most brilliant one wins then. Both Rippon and Brezina are amazing.

But someone has to win - and in this case I want Brezina to win, because he is from Europe, as am I. It's rather simple. Some US-Americans on this board tend to cheer for their guys too.
    Hey, my comment wasn't meant to be offensive, I just thought it was funny you cheered for Brezina only because he's from Europe... I always thought the biggest problem of the european union was that citizen didn't really identify as EU-citizens, from their perspective you must be an exemplary citizen...

I actually like Rippon a lot, about as much as I like Brezina... But since Brezina is from Europe I am obviously cheering for him.
    I'm still hoping to see Amodio's LP during the resurface. Eurosport looks to be picking up the broadcast just a couple of skaters after him (18:15 CET, and the soccer ebfore is not live!). I don't like watching a skater or a program for the first time on Youtube unless there's no other option.

I like Brezina enough to hope he wins regardless of who's from where. But I'll admit my default is to prefer the Europeans unless there's a non-European skater/team in the field whom I like.

If I were an Empresario, I would hire Michal over Adam. However, I think Orser can bring back the 3A for Adam. Being an American I still prefer Michal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    If I were an Empresario, I would hire Michal over Adam. However, I think Orser can bring back the 3A for Adam. Being an American I still prefer Michal.
    No, would you think? By the way, I think you meant Impresario; along the lines of Sol Hurok. I'm not sure if I agree and I think that Brian Boitano and Paul Wylie might disagree with you.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    That's if the USFS doesn't have to give out booby prizes to senior skaters of the correct age because they didn't qualify for Worlds 2010.
    Some of the men who skated in the JGP this season will age out: Johnson and Bewster, for two. And it's usual to give the new Junior Champion a JGP event right off the bat. Ross Miner didn't go last year, but I think he won't be overlooked this time, especially if he finishes top 10 at JW.

Finally back from classes and work. So far I've only watched watched the last two groups, and my favorites were definitely Michal Brezina and Adam Rippon. I'll just be commenting on them right now but I might say more about others later.

They really stood out to me in terms of speed and flow across the ice. I thought both showed great depth of edges and good musicality. Too bad about the 3A from Adam and that single jump from Michal. If they had both gone clean I honestly can't say who I'd have in first. Still, both were improved over their last appearances (US Nationals and Euros).

I hope both go clean in the LP. I'm rooting for Michal to win; I wouldn't really complain if Adam won but he won last year, I'd like to see Michal on that top spot of the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by efreedman View Post
    No, would you think? By the way, I think you meant Impresario; along the lines of Sol Hurok. I'm not sure if I agree and I think that Brian Boitano and Paul Wylie might disagree with you.
    Good comment! especially my spelling which is known not to exist.

I am my own person, while I would like to hear from Brian and Paul, I do not think I have to agree with them. I would think Kurt Browning would agree with me.

I think figure skating is part Solo Dance and part Tricks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Curran finished 3rd in a tough group of men. I'd say he did a darned good job with Phantom. He may not have had top PCS scores, but he DID have the highest TES.

And he is a brilliant scholar as well, BTW. He has been offered advanced admission to MIT.

Advanced admission to MIT - very impressive.

Custom Title
    Did Reynolds really get a hair cut? If so...........

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7