Men's sp | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's sp

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Chao Yang has a onesie with one red arm shading into black with an unpleasant ruffle on the edge of the color change.

Since enlight didn't get Chao Yang's PBP, He had a skiddy kind of 2A, a 3/3 combo of some sort, and a 3Lz. He did a COE camel into a donut spin. The overall effect was a bit sloppy.

Last edited:
Out of patriotic interest; how did Ruben Blommaert do? He might not qualify for the FS... How many skaters are allowed? 24, 25?
Too bad there isn't a live stream somewhere. I don't have much hope, but I'll cross my fingers there'll be one for the Ladies events.
I really like his skating, but he was not at his best.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Medusa, I adore your new banner. Sorry for being off topic.
Thank you very much!

So, Brezina singled the second part of his 3-3 and still has the highest TES? How did that happen? 5.5 for Flip + the single Toe - 3 points mandatory deduction = 3 points for the intended 3-3. :scratch:

69.55 with a 3-1? That's way higher than his PB.
That combo was off on the second jump, but nobody but Kurt Browning could beat his footwork. If you are only judging jumps then you are correct, but if you are judging everything, you are wrong.

NEXT GROUP: The Seniors

enlight78

Medalist
Thank you very much!

So, Brezina singled the second part of his 3-3 and still has the highest TES? How did that happen? 5.5 for Flip + the single Toe - 3 points mandatory deduction = 3 points for the intended 3-3. :scratch:

I am also curious about that. Did Ten loose levels or got something downgraded.

lisou

On the Ice
I'm from the state of Georgia in the United States. I'm using Ice Network.

Lol I thought you were from Georgia in eastern Europe :laugh:. Anyways, thanks for the awesome PBP. And Doris describing the costumes just makes it better.

enlight78

Medalist
Russia's
Artem

lovely 3flip/3t
ok 3lutz
very stylistic ftwork
I really like this kid
camel /catch attitude
2A hand down
ftwork
sit combo
camel/sit/upright spin

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Gigoriev
wearing a business vest/blueshirt/grey pants takeoff, except a shark has taken a huge bite out of the vest, severing one shoulder strap.

65.11 SB 2nd place
He would be higher if he didn't put a hand down on the 2A.

herios

Medalist
Thank you very much!

Because he does everything of high quality. A clean Brezina is worth 75-76 points, he scored only 69, so it could be right, if the rest of his routine was without any other error

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Adam Rippon wearing the V neck version of Chao yang's red & black with unpleasant ruffle outfit.

Toccata and Fugure in D Minor by Bach and murdered by modern arrangement
74.30 SB into 1st

enlight78

Medalist
Adam Rippon
nice3fl/3t
3A step out
3lutz tano
camel /catch attitude
energetic O ftwork
camel/sit/layback spin
ok straightline
sit spin

sisinka

Medalist
Because he does everything of high quality. A clean Brezina is worth 75-76 points, he scored only 69, so it could be right, if the rest of his routine was without any other error

Michal Brezina is great skater with high skating qualities....as well as Denis Ten -they both have great jumps, good spins and great skating skills and very good presentation. They are on the same level as skaters. And this time Michal did 3+1 only which is a mistake because juniors have to do 3+2 or 3+3. Today Denis was better unfortunately the judges decided to prefer Michal.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Elladj Balde in dreadlocks semi restrained by a black headband. On the small screen, he looks like he is wearing a large floppy hat with a pompom, but it's mostly his hair. He's wearing a black onesie with random green appliques and floaty green seaweedy rags hanging from it. When he spins, between the rags and the escaping dreadlocks, it's quite a sight.

60.63 6th place

enlight78

Medalist
Elladj(ninja tree)

wild 2A
3fl/3t
back sit coe
3lutz
camel/donut
crowd getting into it
straightline ok
sit/upright/head to catchft spin