Pairs fs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs fs

Medusa

Record Breaker
:yes: So true! I've already calculated what everybody would need to take over the lead etc.........
I always look at the athlete's hobbies, compare at what age they started skating, what the age difference is...

Alicja

On the Ice
I always look at the athlete's hobbies, compare at what age they started skating, what the age difference is...

:laugh: I always guess what the athletes' hobbies are... Girls mostly like shopping, dancing, music, friends and reading. You hardly ever go wrong with these

gopatrick

EnChanted
On the Ice
Interesting Observation both Canadian male pairs skaters are really short
Swiegers 165 cms and Schultz 168. I dont know whether this will cause some problems in the coming years.

With no live link available, i have plenty of time to find these facts.:biggrin:

Well, I never consider the ISU bio is a reliable source for height.
According to the bio, Phaneuf is still as of 160cm, but anyone watched the National Medal Ceremony would agree she's about 5 inches taller than Rochette (157cm according to bio).

oleada

Record Breaker
C/S - he fell on the second jump of the combo. Decent skate otherwise, but I'm not sure how high their levels will be.

Alicja

On the Ice
Just by looking at the scores Castelli/Shnapir must have had a great skate... huge PB and if not for the fall they would have taken over the lead

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
wow, S/K pretty much skated perfectly.. just a slight lean forward on the second throw.

Are we looking at a russian podium sweep??

Medusa

Record Breaker
:laugh: I always guess what the athletes' hobbies are... Girls mostly like shopping, dancing, music, friends and reading. You hardly ever go wrong with these
The boys are a lot more interesting. Rogonov e.g. reading, internet, horses. I love boys who love horses, it's such a rare thing.

The Canadian guy "Schultz" (that name is so German by the way): skating, music, culinary arts, business - he can skate, he loves music, he can cook (or perhaps he just likes to eat...:scratch:) and he knows about money! How perfect can you get?

Knierim is a real guy though (or at least what society accepts as real guys): cars, fishing, working out. What, no drinking good American beer and watching good American Football?

And I bow before Anastasia MARTIUSHEVA / Alexei ROGONOV - they left the Americans behind them after an 11th-place short program!

life684

Final Flight
Well, I never consider the ISU bio is a reliable source for height.
According to the bio, Phaneuf is still as of 160cm, but anyone watched the National Medal Ceremony would agree she's about 5 inches taller than Rochette (157cm according to bio).

That is a relief, one feels bad when a partnership is dissolved because of height difference.

Alicja

On the Ice
The boys are a lot more interesting. Rogonov e.g. reading, internet, horses. I love boys who love horses, it's such a rare thing.
I]

Daniel Aggiano's hobbies are: music, theatre, drama, shopping, travelling, Facebook! Your interpretation, please!!

Facebook is an interesting hobby, you guys think I should try it??

life684

Final Flight
S/K into third, they look disappointed in Kiss and Cry.

That avoids a russian sweep of the podium, i feel sorry for them( i know tis is second time in a minute i felt sorry for someone) finishing just of the podium for second year in a row

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
I/M had many mistakes.. mistakes on both throws, small ones, and she fell on the first sbs jump.. but still think they'll win this.

oleada

Record Breaker
Me too. They looked so happy after their skate was over, but so disappointed with their marks. They are a good team who's had to deal with injuries a lot more than other teams their age (they missed the entire 2006-2007 season due to injury and she had an injury which caused them to miss their second JGP event and until Russian junior Nats) so I don't think they have progressed as much as they could have otherwise.

I/M - quite a few mistakes from her, fall on 3T and hand down on both throws. I think they'll win because of their lead from the SP.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Daniel Aggiano's hobbies are: music, theatre, drama, shopping, travelling, Facebook! Your interpretation, please!!

Facebook is an interesting hobby, you guys think I should try it??
How can Facebook be a hobby?

Shopping isn't a hobby either, it's a sin.

But I can live with the other 4 and I hope that he finds an occupation that has something to do with all those interesting interests. Musical star might be the way; you have music, you act, you perform and you travel!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I had to prove the ladies, at least those in seniors, aren't that dull. Here's what I came up with before I got bored with the ISU bios:
Kiira Korpi likes snowboarding.
Susanna Poykio golfs.
Nathalie Pechalat lists karting and diving among her hobbies.
Pernelle Carron is into architecture (is she or was she a student of this?).
Jana Khokhlova likes driving (I wonder what?)
Mao Asada is into puzzles (makes sense, with all the traveling and waiting)
Yukari Nakano prefers to knit (I did say a while ago it seemed like a good hobby for a skater).
Isabelle Delobel apparently does water skiing (probably not right now, though)
Meryl Davis's hobby is baking, and I guess with all the training she does she can eat what she bakes and not worry about gaining weight!

life684

Final Flight
I/M had many mistakes.. mistakes on both throws, small ones, and she fell on the first sbs jump.. but still think they'll win this.

They are ahving to change between senior program and junior program every month, they probably are confused by now. Next month they will have to return to their senior program

Alicja

On the Ice
I had to prove the ladies, at least those in seniors, aren't that dull. Here's what I came up with before I got bored with the ISU bios:
Kiira Korpi likes snowboarding.
Susanna Poykio golfs.
Nathalie Pechalat lists karting and diving among her hobbies.
Pernelle Carron is into architecture (is she or was she a student of this?).
Jana Khokhlova likes driving (I wonder what?)
Mao Asada is into puzzles (makes sense, with all the traveling and waiting)
Yukari Nakano prefers to knit (I did say a while ago it seemed like a good hobby for a skater).
Isabelle Delobel apparently does water skiing (probably not right now, though)
Meryl Davis's hobby is baking, and I guess with all the training she does she can eat what she bakes and not worry about gaining weight!

Here we go Marylie JORG likes HUNTING!!!