Pairs fs | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pairs fs

oleada

Record Breaker
Lawrence/Swiegers - big mistake on the throw loop. She fell and he ended up on his knees after throwing her, so it will be -2. Should go behind S/K, imo.

ETA - ok, that was overscored, imo. Not only did they have two falls, they were also slow and boring and the throw lutz was shaky. Oh well.

Last edited:

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
Lawrence/Swiegers - big mistake on the throw loop. She fell and he ended up on his knees after throwing her, so it will be -2. Should go behind S/K, imo.

ETA - ok, that was overscored, imo. Not only did they have two falls, they were also slow and boring and the throw lutz was shaky. Oh well.

I agree... i think they're way overscored. They should be 5th at the highest, and ended up this close to the podium is just not right..

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Here we go Marylie JORG likes HUNTING!!!
Well, I give best hobbies to the guys: Fabian Bourzat and Yannick Ponsero (kite surfing - is this a French thing?), Ben Agosto (rock climbing) and Roman Zaretski (aviation).

Maxim Trankov likes hip hop. I'm trying to imagine him and Masha doing a hip hop program. Hmm. What do you guys think?

And Daisuke Takahashi likes karaoke. It takes a brave guy to admit this, I think. :cool:

Of tonight's skaters, Lubov Iliushechkina lists embroidery as a hobby. Now that is very retro.

oleada

Record Breaker
Oh and congrats to the podium!
Amazing comeback for Martiusheva & Rogonov! From 11th in the SP to 1st in the LP. They were truly the best, I must say. :)

Also special kudos to Natalia Pavlova and Alexei Sokolov for having her teams go 1-2.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I thought L&S were hugely over scored. That was no way better than S&K nor C&S. However, C&S still on podium, and well deserved. They really stepped it up. At beginning of season, they had throw doubles and double twist. They did triple twist with slight chest crash and throw double axel and triple S throw, both throws Huge and well landed.

Plus all that kool khoreo they do.

Good for them!@

Last edited:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Maxim Trankov likes hip hop. I'm trying to imagine him and Masha doing a hip hop program. Hmm. What do you guys think?

And Daisuke Takahashi likes karaoke. It takes a brave guy to admit this, I think. :cool:
Oh, Dai! How cute.

I knew that about Trankov, I read this interview with M/T from the Russian Cosmopolitan and he told the interviewer that he sometimes writes texts for songs when he is feeling angry or sad. Oh, found the link M/T interview, Cosmopolitan (Beware! He is smiling in one picture - a very unusual sight!).

life684

Final Flight
Technical Base value for Canadians were the highest 48.35 , the others were atleast 5 points lower. I/m 42.14, M/R 43.55, C/S 43.01, S/K 42.10

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Yeah, but their PCS should not have been as high as it was. They were snooze-inducing.S/K & C/S had much more interesting programs, unique moves and interpretation and were scored similarly. S/K in particular were flying out there.

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
LOL, did they just have the russian national anthem on again and again and again until they finally realized that they should turn it off??

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I knew that about Trankov, I read this interview with M/T from the Russian Cosmopolitan and he told the interviewer that he sometimes writes texts for songs when he is feeling angry or sad. Oh, found the link M/T interview, Cosmopolitan (Beware! He is smiling in one picture - a very unusual sight!).
Medusa, you understand Russian? How many languages do you speak? I'm so jealous.

As for the pictures, it's hard to believe this is the same guy from the podium shots at Europeans!

The Russian Team that won were for me ok but I didn't think they should have medaled. The 2nd place Russian team were just so gorgeous to watch to those nutcracker tunes. Well, for teams that weren't even considered for podium, I would have put the Canadians in second and the Americans in third. Happy both teams did better than expected.

That Japanese Team should have been better. Unfortunately, the lady is a weak skater while the gentleman is a good Pairs partner. I hope he finds another in that array of good Japanese Ladies back home.

Medusa

Record Breaker
^^well, the anthem has three verses, with the refrain after every verse - it's actually quite long when sung completely.

Buttercup said:
As for the pictures, it's hard to believe this is the same guy from the podium shots at Europeans!
I know! It's outright scary!

life684

Final Flight
LOL, did they just have the russian national anthem on again and again and again until they finally realized that they should turn it off??

the real national anthem is some 4 minutes long but they usually play a shortened version for sports events

oleada

Record Breaker
I'm wondering where's Ksenia Krasilnikova / Konstantin Bezmaternikh? they won the junior worlds last year.

She was injured for part of the season, then she was ill during Russian Junior Nats.

However, she has also grown a lot and their skating has not improved in a long time. I would be surprised if they made it on the senior level or if they stayed together. The Tuikovs aren't known for being able to help their teams grow from Juniors to Seniors...With so many good Junior teams in Russia who are both technically and artistically gifted, they are falling behind. JMHO.

COP

Match Penalty
The vast majority of these Jr. pairs won't have a prayer in Sr. ranks. Among the top ranked Junior pairs, not a whole lot have even attempted triple jumps, 2flip, 2lutz, even 2t+2t, ...some have done throw doubles year over year. Most of them will probably vanish one or two years or so.