49 Sonia LAFUENTE ESP
    50 Ashley WAGNER USA
    51 Svetlana ISSAKOVA EST
    52 Katrina HACKER USA
    53 Joshi HELGESSON SWE
    54 Diane SZMIETT CAN

Eien.
    thanks.

The last two groups are reserved for Senior Skaters only.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Diane Szmiett only skated Senior at Nationals. She skated JGP this past season.

I think Elene Gedevanishvili is probably the most extreme example. She's been skating as a senior for the past four years. What is she doing here?!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I think Elene Gedevanishvili is probably the most extreme example. She's been skating as a senior for the past four years. What is she doing here?!
    She was 25th at Euros this year, she obviously needs to improve her rating.

I don't know, are they trying to give her some confidence? Perhaps she doesn't want to skate in the Ladies' first half short programs at Worlds - perhaps she needs some points for the World standings?

Perhaps it has a lot to do with her having a new coach, maybe Wagner didn't want to be Senior Worlds the first competition with Elene?

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I don't know, are they trying to give her some confidence? Perhaps she doesn't want to skate in the Ladies' first half short programs at Worlds - perhaps she needs some points for the World standings?
    Elene is ranked 20th in the world by the ISU, and some of the ladies ahead of her won't be in LA (Ashley Wagner, Mirai, Caroline, Yukari) - so most likely she would not have skated in the first half at Worlds.

I can get doing this to boost a young skater's confidence, someone who's in their first season and needs a competition they can do well in. For a 19 year old who's not skated a junior competition in over three years, I have to wonder if it won't have the opposite effect.

[QUOTE=chuckm;374557]STARTING ORDER:

1 Sofia BARDAKOV ISR
    2 Noora PITKANEN FIN
    3 Maria DIKANOVIC CRO
    4 Romy BUHLER SUI
    5 Mila PETROVIC SRB Go Mila!

Elene is ranked 20th in the world by the ISU, and some of the ladies ahead of her won't be in LA (Ashley Wagner, Mirai, Caroline, Yukari) - so most likely she would not have skated in the first half at Worlds.

I can get doing this to boost a young skater's confidence, someone who's in their first season and needs a competition they can do well in. For a 19 year old who's not skated a junior competition in over three years, I have to wonder if it won't have the opposite effect.
    What a let down that would be for Gedevanishvili. 20th in Seniors and now in Juniors if she doesn't make the podium.

What a let down that would be for Gedevanishvili. 20th in Seniors and now in Juniors if she doesn't make the podium.
    Even if Wagner helped her a bit in some areas, I just don't think that she will medal. Top Five if she mangages to land 4 or 5 clean Triples (she hasn't done that for quite some time) - other than that it will probably be 9th, 10th or 11th.

I don't know. Elene's Europeans was really a sad outing for her. Nothing like the young girl that was attempting 3/3s and threatening to hit the podium. NOt qualifying for the free skate at europeans must have been a really crushing experience. I think her short program looked like it had loads of promise.

I would think psychologically it would be better to get another competition under your belt to shake the deamons of Europeans, and get to skate your LP (which hopefully she will).

It's hardly like junior worlds has no other skaters who have only been skating on the senior circuit this year.

I don't think she's chasing the glory of the podium. I think the girl is suffering from a serious lack of confidence and any competition experience espeically on the world stage is more experience and another chance to go through your programs under pressure to try and build up that confidence. If she skates well here, regardless of placement, it shoud give her a boost and something positive to focus on going into senior worlds.

Ant
    Last edited by antmanb; 02-26-2009 at 10:15 AM.

Can you believe?, 54 world wide figure skaters in Ladies! I'll catch it at midway. If I miss anyone exciting in the first half, please let me know.

BTW. HOW MANY GET TO THE FINALS? 30, I presume. Yes?

(All those spirals I have to sit through, and that ketchfoot one is so circusy. Give me an old fashioned spiral and let it be done with. OK, one serpentine will do. If that doesn't show senior, nothing will.)

GO Bingwa!!

Let us check the results of your training under Mingzhu Li!!

Custom Title
    Can you believe?, 54 world wide figure skaters in Ladies! I'll catch it at midway. If I miss anyone exciting in the first half, please let me know.

BTW. HOW MANY GET TO THE FINALS? 30, I presume. Yes?

(All those spirals I have to sit through, and that ketchfoot one is so circusy. Give me an old fashioned spiral and let it be done with. OK, one serpentine will do. If that doesn't show senior, nothing will.)
    Only the top 24 go on to the final (plus the Bulgarian lady). That means that more ladies (29) will be eliminated than will actually go on to the final.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast