Ladies short program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Ladies short program

Trewyn

Medalist
How's Ashley doing? Go Ashley!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: looks like she did pretty well :) Very respectable score, in second behind Elene.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Robin's been her coach for what - two weeks. There is very little a coach can do to help a skater in two weeks. Whatever Elene did today she had in her regardless of who put her on the ice.
I don't know, Ant. I doubt Robin Wagner could have done much in two weeks to change/improve Elene's skating, but she could have helped her quite a bit with mental preparation, which Elene clearly needed after that SP mess in Helsinki. What the long-term effects of Wagner's coaching will be remains to be seen, I guess.

ETA: Ashley Wagner, 57.50, into second place. Looks like Gedevanishvili will win the SP.

Last edited:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Robin's been her coach for what - two weeks. There is very little a coach can do to help a skater in two weeks. Whatever Elene did today she had in her regardless of who put her on the ice.

Ant

Perhaps. We all know EG is talented but we also all know she has been skating poorly. Perhaps in these last few weeks Wagner has been able to make her believe in herself again.

Trewyn

Medalist
Well she had to do the Lutz, it was required... And I doubt she was able to fix her relentless flutz between Nationals and now.

She did a 3F+2T and a 3(f)lutz.

Thanks! I hope she's able to do the 3F+3T in the Long. It would really boost her confidence to land it in competition at least *once* this season. If she stays in second place behind Elene, she's in an excellent position to take the title.

Now the question is.. Will Katrina land a triple lutz?

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Clean skate from Katrina Hacker. 3S+2T, 2Lz, 2A. Nice presentation if a bit boring to my taste. Should score well, but the low technical content will keep her at a distance from Wagner, Gedevanishvili, etc. I'm guessing 4th ahead of Reitmayerova.

ETA - sorry, it was 3T+2T.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Clean skate from Katrina Hacker. 3S+2T, 2Lz, 2A. Nice presentation if a bit boring to my taste. Should score well, but the low technical content will keep her at a distance from Wagner, Gedevanishvili, etc. I'm guessing 4th ahead of Reitmayerova.

ETA - sorry, it was 3T+2T.
I'm surprised Hacker got over 50 with that jump content. Her TES was lower than at least 8 other skaters, and IMO she doesn't have the best presentation. But hey, it would be nice for her to end her skating career on a high note, so I hope she does well tomorrow.

Trewyn

Medalist
Yep, into 4th. Looks like she's sworn off the 3Lutz completely. Ah well, I still hope she captures the bronze medal. But looks like Elene and Alena want to grab podium spots. But Ashley will be on top! I hope... And what can we expect of Caroline? Is the podium now completely out of reach for her?

oleada

Record Breaker
Another clean skate from Joshi Helgesson and a lovely 3Lz. Should score somewhere around the 50 mark I think. She's very happy with her skate.

ETA - actually, I'm glad she scored as high as she did. That was a really lovely skate and she has great flow and speed. And her 3lz was really great, it was +2 worthy.

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Szmiett, well that was booooring. Slow and the music is soporific. 3F+2T, 2lz wonky, 2A.

Medusa

Record Breaker
At least Zhang still makes the Top Ten with the 5th lowest TES score of the afternoon.

COP

Match Penalty
The highest ranked Japanese lady is now in 17th place, which is quite shocking.:laugh:

oleada

Record Breaker
The highest ranked Japanese lady is now in 17th place, which is quite shocking.:laugh:

Japan should've sent Murakami and Fujisawa, who've had good results all season. Imai is a good skater, but inconsistent. Murakami and Fujisawa really shone at the GPF and Senior Nats. I bet the Japanese fed is kicking themselves.

My favorites skates of the night were Gedevanishvili, Wagner & Helgesson.

oleada

Record Breaker
Zhang was 3rd in the PC scores.

To be quite frank, I thought that was high for her skate today - totally reputation judging. She had her trademark lovely spins, off course, but she's choppy, slow and has no flow. She was really uninspired today. I thought Joshi Helgesson and Katrina Hacker had nicer presentation during this SP.