20 Curran OI USA
21 Michal BREZINA CZE
22 Adam RIPPON USA
23 Artem GRIGORIEV RUS
24 Denis TEN KAZ
25 Kevin REYNOLDS CAN

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
Florent's jumps are just not there for this competition, but I like his style, and spins and footwork are quite good as well.

Mathew Prescious (Australia) - very surprised. He was good.

Peter Coufal (Czech) - they have another rising star. How old is he?

Forent Amodio (France) - just not his competition but still charming.

Vikto Romanenkov (Estonia) - Very well schooled. How old is he?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Vikto Romanenkov (Estonia) - Very well schooled.
While he is currently coached by his mother, his former coach is Anna Levandi (nee Kondrashova) - a wonderful coach who's also working with Alisa Drei. BTW, when Gedevanishvili was thrown out of Russia, her coach Vodorezova arranged for her to train with Levandi in Estonia; unfortunately, her parents chose Zmievskaya instead.
Mathew Prescious (Australia) - very surprised. He was good.
I don't know anything about his main coach, Stavrovskaia, but he has Shanetta Folle listed as choreographer - and she is Tarasova's assistant.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Mark Vaillant FRA

Coach Katia Krier

LP An American in Paris

black pants, black sequinned golf shirt with white collar and cuffs. He had a turn out on one triple and a fall on another. Lots of double axels. Not a particularly gripping program. Skated through the music on the f/w.

93.31, 8th in the LP

Resurfacing & IN is reshowing the OD, starting with the Italians, Alessandrini & Vaturi

Thank you all ^ for cluing me in.

Wieczorek -He can handle thos long legs. A very good skater who could use a better choreo routine.

Bonda - Also long legged and he jumps with the wrap around. Style is a bit too spikey for me. Needs polishing.

Raya - Lots of body language which makes his choreo work. Could use someone who knows his talent.

Reitmayer - A very good tech skater but it kind of ends with the tech.

Kovalev - After all that swing in the OD, this kind of was tiresome, but he does move well.

life684

Final Flight
France, it seems can only send one competitor for next junior worlds. It is a shock considering they came with one of the favorites for the title.

rvitek76

Spectator
Petr Coufal

Last weekend Peter's younger sister Jana Coufalova (born 1997) presented two triples (toeloop and salchow) at Velka cena USK in Prague.

jumpjumpjump

On the Ice
The two chinese seem to have pretty strong jumps.

Nan Song attempted two triple axels, almost had both successful, the first one is double footed, then kinda had his knee on the ice. The second axel is in combination with a triple toe i think, pretty impressive. But there's no speed on the ice at all.

Song - didn't disappoint me. He has much lyrical feeling but needs a bit of bravura to round this up. He should have left out the 3A. A 2ft messy landing. Is that worse than a Fall?

Hanyu - Nice musicality. A budding dynamo here.

Yang - This kid is first class. Another Johnny Weir in the making. Should be in the last group.

Majorov - 3 vastly different musics. He kept time to all of them, but no real character emerged. His Tech was almost clean. Could use some better posture.

Ross - Very musical; knows how to sell it but oh those jumps. How sad. Not his day.

Baldie - Not my taste, but he did almost all the tricks.