2009 Worlds Banners and Camera Policy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2009 Worlds Banners and Camera Policy

lcd

Match Penalty
I was at the US Nationals in LA in 2002. It was not a wholly pleasant experience. They were very restrictive about everything, particularly water and food and toys and about people who wanted to sit in empty seats during Junior events.

I would concur with Doris. Had a similar "police state" experience at Nationals in 2002. "Staples" center needs to re-think about their "Easy button" campaign on this one. ;)

sillylionlove

Medalist
I know a great way to sneak in food and stuff....if you want to know...PM me becuase I am not going to say it on here. Works every time!!!

babyoscar

On the Ice
Staples Center

I try to avoid Staples center whenever I can, they are known to be hard to work with. I had gone to both SOI and COI there in the past. They do not allow food from the outside. I had tossed out brand new water bottles before. The way they can "detect" water or food is they have you go through metal detector, then they put your stuff through an x-ray machine just like at the airport. This was the case few years back, not sure if this is still the case. I have not gone to Staples Center since 2006. Yes, the line to go in was VERY long becuase they had to check everyone.

They also would not allow my detetchable lens in, well I was dropped off at the curb, since I think the parking was $20. They had me leave my lens at the guest service. Not sure what they were afraid of, because even after I promised I would not use it, they had me wait on the side line until another usher could walk with me and another fellow to the guest service to drop off both our lens. So without my long detechable lens (within SOI and COI rules), I had a tiny lens to work with. I took the camera out, has not even set it up yet, an usher walks by and says, "NO FLASH". I said I know, usually people with SLR camera knows how to turn the flash off. The the usher said, "I just want to make sure you know." And then he give me a stern look. I have attended shows in both Anaheim Pond and San Jose HP Pavilion, neither of them treated any of the guest like this. This was my experience over 3 year period, after that I just stopped going to Staples Center.

The security was also really tight both in and outside Staples center. After the SOI show, there were cops outside patrolling around. I had waited by the curb to be picked up, the cops drove by to make sure I was ok. I have heard the area gotten a little better, but I am not sure if that is the case. For all of you that are going, have fun! Wish I could go! :agree:

sillylionlove

Medalist
That's becuase they are probably used to the celebrities that go to the staples center for Lakers games. They don't care about us common folks.