hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
For Ye Bin:
SP Ravel's Bolero
LP Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata

For Bebe:
SP Bizet's Carmen
LP Signs (movie soundtrack)

Interesting choices - looking forward to seeing them, especially Bebe's Carmen and which parts she'll use.

BTW, I found this info on the ISU Bios site - here's the link:

http://www.isufs.org/bios/index.htm

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Interesting choices

Yes, I agree with you about those being interesting choices... especially "Carmen" since it's almost never done.:eek: :laugh: :D

I love those two skaters but I will only be intersted in 'Signs' cause I don't know the music. the other tunes listed are somewhat familiar, and I am not going to get into it.

Joe

dewet

Final Flight
I think Moonlight Sonata will good for Yebin, it matches her gentle style, but please no more Carmen!:rolleye:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I think for Ye Bin Moonlight Sonata will be lovely. I don't know about Bolero for a short program especially since I will always associate this music with Torvill and Dean. Oh well, I guess we will see.

I saw the movie "Signs" I don't know if the music will be that great for a long program. As for Carmen - it has been done. Let's hope she brings a "freshness" to it.

I agree. I think that coaches and choreographers miss a big opportunity when they do not seek out special music for their special skater. I always loved Lori Nichol's choices for Michelle. The music standing alone held our attention and marked the performance as something out of the ordinary. And as something that the skater can make her own.

Mathman

euterpe

Medalist
Darned right, Mathman. A skater can't make his or her own music used by multitudes.

Boo on Swan Lake, Carmen, Malaguena, Don Quixote, Turandot, etc. etc. etc.:\

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
I don't have a problem with Carmen or Bolero as SP music, it's when they are used in the FS that I cringe. (yes, I cringed when Plush announced he was using it, but it turned out so brilliantly that I hate to bash anyone for their choice of music.) Perhaps they will have such marvellous interpretations that you won't even notice the music.

Cheers,

Laura :)