Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: It's Time for Caroline Zhang to Move ON

I think the problem is that she's so tough and such a fighter that she'll never let herself fall too hard or too low. She'll always save herself if it's physically possible, so she gets the idea that things are not as bad as they are. She'll keep thinking she's doing fine, and although she IS doing fine, I'm sure she'll want more than "fine" in the future. I know we already do.

That's not to say I'm not completely thrilled she brought herself up 8 spots and still ended up top American lady, because of course I am. I just hope she'll remember that SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Hold everything. She just got credited with 7 triiples at the jr comp and I'm changing my tune about her coaching. If you haven't seen it catch it on youtube if there is one up.

She still have to learn how to take off an BOE. That is a tough task for a skater who learned it the worng way. Once she starts working on that, the other jumps become inconsistent, especially the flip. She needs a coach change.

Quote Originally Posted by caaather View Post
    does anyone kno what caroline's next competition is ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kypma View Post
    Next season's Grand Prix Series... or any summer comps, but she's not going to Worlds unless something happens to the others, and I think Ashley is the first alternate... Although Caroline might be at the Team Championships, depending on selection criteria and all...
    I think the rules for the team championship specify that each federation is expected to send its higest ranked skaters, according tio the ISU ranking. With Worlds still to come, Caroline is the higest ranked U.S. skater, ahead of Flatt and 900 points ahead of Czisny.

It will probably be Zhang and Flatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think the rules for the team championship specify that each federation is expected to send its higest ranked skaters, according tio the ISU ranking. With Worlds still to come, Caroline is the higest ranked U.S. skater, ahead of Flatt and 900 points ahead of Czisny.

It will probably be Zhang and Flatt.
    As I understand it, which countries make it is based on results by the top people, but I'm not sure the federations are obligated to send their highest ranked skaters. It is very clear that anyone chosen has to go, though.

Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    Where does Yuka Sato live?
    Being just 15 I can't see her leaving her family to train. I think she should stay in California.

Lets see there's Frank, hey doesn't Kistie's old coach coach in California somewhere? Where does Brian Boitano live?

I hope she does not go to Arutunian, he made me very uncomfortable. There was something about him I just don't like.

It is not too late for Caroline to fix her jumps. If Alissa can fix hers in her 20's its certainly not too late for Caroline.
    I believe Yuka and Jason's home base is Detroit. They both trained in that area as amateurs and I think Jason coaches at their old rink.

Kristi followed Christy Ness to Canada before the 92 Oly's. Not sure if she's still there.

Boitano's base is San Francisco - about an 8 hr drive from LA.

Didn't Michelle go to Artunian because he is a jump coach? Also, he's already at the rink she trains in. Even if he's not her head coach, he could certainly give her some time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I believe Yuka and Jason's home base is Detroit. They both trained in that area as amateurs and I think Jason coaches at their old rink.

Kristi followed Christy Ness to Canada before the 92 Oly's. Not sure if she's still there.

Boitano's base is San Francisco - about an 8 hr drive from LA.

Didn't Michelle go to Artunian because he is a jump coach? Also, he's already at the rink she trains in. Even if he's not her head coach, he could certainly give her some time.

Thanks Heyang

I guess if Artunian was just her jump coach it would not be too bad. But I get the feeling Michelle didn't get along with him too well, and why did Mao leave him?

Custom Title
    Caroline's Wikipedia entry lists her as having 2 coaches. So maybe she already has someone helping her with her jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymerBob View Post
    Caroline's Wikipedia entry lists her as having 2 coaches. So maybe she already has someone helping her with her jumps.
    Are you talking about Sondra Holmes? I think Sondra's been one of Caroline's coach for a long time.

[QUOTE=feraina;375437]Caroline & her coach have a pretty good relationship. In Chinese culture, people don't act publicly intimate, even if they have a close relationship. Chinese parents and kids above a certain age don't generally even hug each other after not having seen each other a long time. Mingzhu Li's language tells me that she cares a lot about her student, that Caroline is a bit like her "baby", but she's always trying to not to show it, whereas Caroline seems slightly oblivious to that, or maybe just at the age where she doesn't want to seem "babied" in public. QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder Feraina. In my prior post I did not take Chinese culture into consideration, my bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3