Belbin/Agosto under examination | Golden Skate

Belbin/Agosto under examination

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Good news

Thanks for the link. Things are looking up for U. S. Dance.

Maureen

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Good news! I was half-expecting a news flash that they had withdrawn about this time. I really hope they kick some serious booty at worlds.

LeCygne

Final Flight
Good news! I was half-expecting a news flash that they had withdrawn about this time. I really hope they kick some serious booty at worlds.

I admit I was afraid of the same thing. I really hope they do well too, the last few Worlds have been a bit of a disappointment.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Thanks for the link. Things are looking up for U. S. Dance.

I agree! Especially with the great results during the JGP circuit, and the first and second place wins at Junior Worlds. If Tanith and Ben do great at Worlds, I think it will be safe to say that the US currently dominates the ice dance world currently.

lmarie086

Medalist
Are Isabelle and Olivier competing at Worlds?

It's not sounding as though they will. From what I've been reading it sounds like Isabelle only returned to the ice very recently. I would hate for them to not be there because I was really rooting for them to defend, but I'd rather see them sit it out and come back strong next season to go for gold in Vancouver.

I can't wait to see Beblin/Agosto again. They really have improved this season, if you ask me. I hope they do well in LA.

lcd

Match Penalty
I sincerely hope there is truth to the comments. If ever there has been a well-media trained skater it is Tanith Belbin. She knows what she 'should' say (they are even better than before) and knows how to say it. Coming off of injury in this sport is such a challenge, as the skaters seemingly need to overcome the predisposition of observers (judges, fans) to assess whether there is any "evidence" of lingering injury.

The proof will be in the skating and I hope to see them in LA as strong as she says they will be. Having some success from a US skater with at least enough "star power" to attract more than the very few and focused members of the sports media, and for that matter, the general public amidst an entertainment saturated market such as LA, will be essential IMO for getting the sport back into the consciousness of the public, even if just for a moment during this year before the Olympics.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
I am glad to hear they are doing well. I am rooting for them to take their first win at this year's worlds. This is great news for US Ice Dance:yes:

I sincerely hope there is truth to the comments. ..

The proof will be in the skating and I hope to see them in LA as strong as she says they will be.

People wear out in this sport. Ben and Tanith have been competing at the top level for quite a few years. It takes its toll. We'll see.

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
People wear out in this sport. Ben and Tanith have been competing at the top level for quite a few years. It takes its toll. We'll see.

I think they will be fine, they are still pretty young. They were in their very early 20's when they hit their success. Oldies can be goodies:biggrin: