Thread: SecondHand Lions

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

Thumbs up SecondHand Lions

If you want to see a good movie that will make you laugh and cry at the same time don't miss "Secondhand Lions" starring Michael Caine (Awesome as always), Robert Duvall (Wonderful) and Haley Joel Osment (Great)! You will love it!

Set in 1960s Texas, this is the story of a timid teenager, Walter (Osment), forced to spend the summer by his irresponsible mother (Sedgwick) with his eccentric (and recently rich) great-uncles (Caine and Duvall) on their farm, as he learns more about their mysterious and dangerous pasts, which we see as flashbacks.

Thanks for the review, Lad. That's on my "must see" list.....42

I saw this movie a couple of weeks ago. I thought it had a really 'nice' feeling to it. Very simple story telling about living life and not hiding from it.

The whole cast was great. I'm more impressed everytime I see Haley Joel Osment (kid in the 6th Sense, robot kid in AI). He's grown up a lot in the last 4 years. Kyra Sedgewick (aka underated actress and wife of Kevin Bacon) played Haley's self-centered mother.

It's a pretty good movie, especially compared to some of the movies currently in the theatres.

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar

SecondHand Lions

I liked it because there was no swearing in it - I can take my mom to see it.

Custom Title
    I saw this last week and really enjoyed it. I didn't know I would need tissues=but I did. The three actors were perfect together. Haley has grown up so much=it is hard to picture him in the Sixth Sense or AI. Go see it if you haven't already=you won't be disappointed.

cb

Custom Title
    Thanks, Ladskater. I've heard wonderful things about this film. And so great to hear that Haley Joel Osment appears to be weathering the puberty storm! I was affraid he might get lost in the shuffle just like so many other child actors in Hollywood. I'll always remember how phenomenal he was in "The Sixth Sense". That is the best performance from a child actor that I can recall.