Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Sasha Cohen's big gamble

Custom Title

Sasha Cohen's big gamble

Hello all,

This upcoming season is going to be very interesting!

Check out this articlefrom the Philadelphia Inquirer:

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sport...ig_gamble.html

Also, has anyone heard who choreographed Sasha's Moonlight Sonata program?
    Like so many have mentioned in other posts, I miss looking forward to hearing her music selections, and seeing the new programs. Maybe I'll have one more year to enjoy Sasha's beautiful skating.

Is it spring yet?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Great Article! Thanks for posting. Seems like she will be returning to Mr. Nicks, which I am happy to hear. I was surprised about the statement about evrything falling apart after nationals 2006. I don't think anybody knew she was having boot problems, and athough we noted that she wore a wrap on her leg for her olympic LP, i think that nobody really thought she was injured. "Being in tears every day" is not the way you want to go into an olympics where you are the favorite.

As for Moonlight Sonata, she probably choreographed it herself. She has co-choreographed or did it solo on most of her programs, Carmen she did all by herself.

Custom Title

Sasha

I wish her well. It would be nice to see her have a successful comeback. I think she has grown up alot.

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    "These past two years, it's been nice, but it's a little too nice every day," Cohen says, picking through a salad and sampling the miso soup. "You know what? I want to be ecstatic or I want to be miserable. I want to really feel alive, to have that performance out there, that heightened sensation of being alive."
    I really like what she said here. If she does make a comeback, it would be great if she went back to Nicks. I think they make a wonderful team.

Medalist
    A Sasha comeback would be great for the 2010 Olympics (assuming she qualifies) and figure skating regardless of whether she medals or not. Good luck Sasha!

Custom Title
    I'm sorry, I love Sasha dearly, she's been a beautiful pro skater to watch, but I'm not in favor of her returning to eligible skating. I'm very weary of this "old pro trying a comeback" business. Let it go, Sasha!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteam4501s View Post
    ...i'm very weary of this "old pro trying a comeback" business. Let it go, sasha!
    + 1

ETA: that said, let her try if she wants to. In the end, hopefully the two skaters that have actually worked hard, showed what they've got and deserve to go to Vancouver actually end up going. Seriously, everyone just needs to stay healthy.
    Last edited by R.D.; 03-07-2009 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jsteam4501s View Post
    I'm sorry, I love Sasha dearly, she's been a beautiful pro skater to watch, but I'm not in favor of her returning to eligible skating. I'm very weary of this "old pro trying a comeback" business. Let it go, Sasha!

Actually she never retired from competitive skating so she never turned pro.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Actually she never retired from competitive skating so she never turned pro.
    But she never competed after 2006 Worlds.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    But she never competed after 2006 Worlds.
    She competed at Campbell's Cup in late 2006. Cheesefest but still a competition, and I'm sure they got money for it.

I wonder if Sasha will be less likely to come back if we only get 2 spots for the Olympics, hmmm...

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
    I wonder if Sasha will be less likely to come back if we only get 2 spots for the Olympics, hmmm...
    With her mileage in skating, the main thing is STAYING HEALTHY. If she can't do that, then we could have 10 spots and that wouldn't cut it.

She competed at Campbell's Cup in late 2006. Cheesefest but still a competition, and I'm sure they got money for it.
    Meh, doesn't count. She said HERSELF that her last competition was 2006 Worlds.

(just had to, sorry )

Banned
    Well, it probably sounds more glamorous to say that your last comp was Worlds rather than a Cheesefest later that year. I attended that Campbell's Cup though and walked past Sasha on the street so I care about it even if she doesn't.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
    Well, it probably sounds more glamorous to say that your last comp was Worlds rather than a Cheesefest later that year. I attended that Campbell's Cup though and walked past Sasha on the street so I care about it even if she doesn't.
    I now see why you would.

Custom Title
    Are you sure there was a Cheesefest competition in the spring of 2006? All I recall is a made for TV exhibition type thing, Marshall's FS Showcase, where Michelle debuted "A Song for You." I seem to think the last Cheesefest competition was in 2005 (unless you count that Dec. Skate Idol, which I don't.)-Marshall's hosted it for spring of 2005, Campbell's Cup was in the fall of Oct. 2005, and then that was it.
    Last edited by MKFSfan; 03-09-2009 at 08:34 AM.

^ It was in October of 2006, a team competition featuring Japan, U.S.A. and Canada.

Sasha did a short program against Miki Ando (Ando won.)

http://www.usfigureskating.org/event...ll/results.htm

By the way, the 2003 fall Campbell's event was the first time that Sasha beat Michelle in competion.

Quote Originally Posted by Particle man
    (I) walked past Sasha on the street so I care about it even if she doesn't.
    At last -- a skating fan who likes cheesefests as much as I do! I met Belbin and Agosto at the last one I went to.

Worlds, schmerls, I can't wait for the Team Challenge thing in April!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast