Gala Exhibition | Golden Skate

Gala Exhibition

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Does anyone know where the gala exhibition for the 2009 Junior Worlds can be viewed? If not and anyone is seen it, could they please describe some of it to their best ability? Thank you! :yes:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The sound track is beyond horrible. Makes it hard to fully enjoy the performances. Adam Rippon and Caroline Zhang were standouts.

lmarie086

Medalist
Brezina was good, but IMO he did not steal the show. He did "Singin' in the Rain".

Oh I was so hoping he would! I love that exhibition number, it's very charming.

I'll have to contact IN and assure them once again that I am indeed living in the US.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If you buy your internet coverage from one of the big providers as an ISP, you won't have to do that.

If you use a proxy server, you have to do it all the time.

feraina

Record Breaker
I just watched some exhibition. I started randomly in the middle of the IN video, and saw this young lady in a dark blue dress. I thought, huh, who's that, she looks good! And it was Caroline! Wow, she's really growing up! That dress makes her look so mature. And how many dresses has she had this season?! Is she growing out of a new dress every month? :laugh:

Oh, and the camera work is *unbelievably* bad. I don't even know where to begin. I can do a better job that that!

Eurofan

On the Ice
If anyone stole the show, I'd say it was Madison Chock. Her costume was...eye-catching.

efreedman

On the Ice
I just watched some exhibition. I started randomly in the middle of the IN video, and saw this young lady in a dark blue dress. I thought, huh, who's that, she looks good! And it was Caroline! Wow, she's really growing up! That dress makes her look so mature. And how many dresses has she had this season?! Is she growing out of a new dress every month? :laugh:

To your point about growing out of dresses, she is now just shy of 5'4"! I am over 6 feet tall and when I spoke to her at Nationals, she actually seemed kind of tall. That is a rare occurrence for me at a skating competition. :rofl:

Last edited:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
To your point about growing out of dresses, she [Caroline] is now just shy of 5'4"! I am over 6 feet tall and when I spoke to her at Nationals, she actually seemed kind of tall. That is a rare occurrence for me at a skating competition. :rofl:

I noticed when they stood on the top of the podium with Leonova that Caroline and Ashley are about the same height.

oleada

Record Breaker
Grigoriev had some really cool moves in his exhibition. I hope he includes them in his future programs. I really liked his program!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It was very gutsy of him to keep the prop throughout the whole program, indeed.