Canadians Langlois, Hay withdraw from skating worlds | Golden Skate

Canadians Langlois, Hay withdraw from skating worlds

COP

Match Penalty
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/story/2009/03/02/sp-hay-langlois-skating.html

Former Canadian pairs champions Anabelle Langlois and her partner Cody Hay have pulled out of this month's world figure skating championships in Los Angeles, Skate Canada announced Monday.

Langlois recently underwent additional surgery to remove screws and a metal plate from a spiral fracture to her lower right fibula.

Although Langlois, who suffered the leg injury in 2008, is recovering well, the surgery will keep her off the ice for the next few weeks.

"This entire season has been very challenging and disappointing," said Hay. "Although we tried our best to get back to compete this year, we have also had to think ahead to next season, bearing in mind that competing at the 2010 Olympics is our ultimate goal.

lcd

Match Penalty
Oh :no: This seemed a chance. How disappointing. Wishing them a speedy recovery. An exciting season for Canadian skaters certainly coming up.

mystichaze

On the Ice
I hope she takes time to recover and heal before preparing for next season. I would love to see them come back strong next year and make the Olympic team!

MissCleo

On the Ice
:( I was really hoping that I would see them at least once this year. It was not meant to be.

My computer is acting up tonight. Does the article say who will replace L/H? Will it be Brodeur/Mattatall?

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
:cry: oh no! I was really hoping they wouldn't have to sit out the entire season. I really missed seeing them this season. I hope they'll have a great Olympic season!

Tigger

Final Flight
Damn. Was expecting this, but all the same...Damn.

A very speedy recovery to Anabelle and the best of luck to John and Mylene at their first Worlds!!