Adult Silver Freestyle test requirements | Golden Skate

Adult Silver Freestyle test requirements

jnskateva

Rinkside
Hi,

I don't have my rulebook with me, but I'd appreciate it if someone could clarify the testing requirements for the silver freestyle test, specifically the requirements below.

1. Combo spin with only 1 change of position; change of foot is optional (3 revs/position) . Does a front sit change to back sit count even though the position is the same? (sit spin)
2. For the jumps, I know a loop and flip are required, then there has to be at least another jump combo and sequence, correct?

My revised program would meet the requirements then, right?
1. layback (8 revolutions, min of 4 is required)
2. lutz-loop (first jump combination)
3. Spiral
4. Footwork sequence
5. Flip
6. Front sit spin to back sit spin
7. Loop
8. Toe loop-half loop-salchow (jump sequence)
9. camel spin

laidbackskater

Spectator
You need one more single jump, not in combination.

Also, a sit change sit doesn't meet the requirements for the spin combo. You need to have a second position (camel or upright). If you want to keep the sit, you could do camel-sit, camel-sit-change sit, sit-scratch, or sit-change-sit-back scratch.

The judges form which includes the required elements can be found here.

Good luck with your test!

jnskateva

Rinkside
Thanks! That is what I was looking for.

I will add in another salchow and change my sit combo to a sit spin - forward scratch spin. That should do it. I've already competed once this season at silver, so I just need to re-work my program a bit and get my stamina back up to par!

mskater93

Record Breaker
Thanks! That is what I was looking for.

I will add in another salchow and change my sit combo to a sit spin - forward scratch spin. That should do it. I've already competed once this season at silver, so I just need to re-work my program a bit and get my stamina back up to par!

Be prepared to be asked for a reskate on the spin combo as some judges may not count a sit-fwd scratch (Regional preference - some judges in our Region wouldn't count it). FWIW, when I took mine, I did a layback-back sit as my combination spin, but it was long, long ago.

jnskateva

Rinkside
Thanks for the info - I was thinking last night that I will just keep my sit/change sit and then add a back scratch to the end of the spin combination - would that be better?

gkelly

Record Breaker
The problem with doing a scratch spin position at the end of the combination, whether forward or back spin, is that it could be interpreted as just concluding upright revolutions to get out of the sitspin rather than as a separate position of its own.

To have more chance of it counting, you'd better be able to hold it for a lot more than 3 revolutions to make it clear that you're counting it as a second position -- at least 5 or 6 to be safe -- and also give it some clear value as a position -- significant acceleration, arms overhead, etc. A less neutral upright spin variation would be even safer.

Another way to make it clear that it's not just the exit of the sitspin on the same foot would be to do forward sit - change feet directly to back scratch.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Another way to make it clear that it's not just the exit of the sitspin on the same foot would be to do forward sit - change feet directly to back scratch.

This would be the best solution and what I was hinting at.

jnskateva

Rinkside
Thanks for your input .. If I do the back scratch at the end of the back sit, I would definitly hold it for at least 4 revolutions .. I'll practice some other variations as well - maybe back sit to front scratch. . we'll see how practice goes.