Entries | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Entries

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Well, they must be thrilled. Not about their colleagues' injury of course, but about the opportunity to go to L.A. and to Worlds. They can just enjoy the experience, nobody really expects much from them. The three spots have to be secured by K/S and M/T anyway. I think these two have some potential, with their good clear lines and nice basic skills.
It IS great luck for them. They did not take part in Nationals, yet they are the ones going instead of Krasilnikova & Bezmaternikh or Imaikina & Novoselov. One possible explanation is that Moskvina who helps Kazakova with coaching them has far more clout than the Tiukovs who coach both K&B and I&N.

Medusa

Record Breaker
It IS great luck for them. They did not take part in Nationals, yet they are the ones going instead of Krasilnikova & Bezmaternikh or Imaikina & Novoselov. One possible explanation is that Moskvina who helps Kazakova with coaching them has far more clout than the Tiukovs who coach both K&B and I&N.
But they had a solid first outing at Cup of Russia, the judges got a good look at them there. They were good at Universiade, another Senior competition. Normally I like to speculate about the politics in Russian figure skating, but I think in this case it could be simply their experience with those two competitions and the fact that they were quite decent in those. (I am intrigued by his name, is he of German descent?)

Fashionista

On the Ice
Talking about K&B - Ksenia is still injured and can't make some elements training in light regime. They both are not in the best shape so I think it was obvious they shouldn't go to Worlds.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
Iliushechkina/Maisuradze have been replaced by Ksenia Ozerova and Alexander Enbert. Good luck to these two! They did a great job at the Universiade.

What happened to Illiushenka / Maisuradze? It's such a pity that they won't be at Worlds.

I just saw Ozerova / Enbert Universiade performance on youtube and was really really impressed. They have very good presentation, and Ksenia has good facial expression when skating.

Medusa

Record Breaker
OMG!!! Is that a joke? BUt today is neither April 1st nor December 28th... should I believe this???:laugh:
What's on December the 28th? Is that a joke day somewhere (I have to know, it's my Birthday! Maybe I was meant to be a joke!)?

Wouldn't it be cool if Andreev was allowed to start and then e.g. knocks Chipeur a place lower (which is capable of doing) and then Canada loses a spot for the Olympics? Okay, it wouldn't be exactly cool - but one of those ironic moments in life.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
What's on December the 28th? Is that a joke day somewhere (I have to know, it's my Birthday! Maybe I was meant to be a joke!)?

Wouldn't it be cool if Andreev was allowed to start and then e.g. knocks Chipeur a place lower (which is capable of doing) and then Canada loses a spot for the Olympics? Okay, it wouldn't be exactly cool - but one of those ironic moments in life.
No, it would be mean to call it cool, I have nothing against the Canadian skaters, just against the judges who overscore some of them on occasion. I wouldn't want the #2-3 Candian guys to miss out on the chance to skate in the Olympics in their home country - I'm sure that will be an amazing experience for all the skaters who qualify.

But it would be very cool if Fedor does well for AZE (I am not spelling it out), and I'm sure Siberia will be overjoyed if that's the case!

Medusa

Record Breaker
But it would be very cool if Fedor does well for AZE (I am not spelling it out), and I'm sure Siberia will be overjoyed if that's the case!
I really had to check - but Azerbaijan belongs officially to Europe, despite the fact that the majority of the country is geographically in Asia (well, same goes for Russia...)! Andreev could start in Tallinn next January, one more reason for me to organise that trip.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I really had to check - but Azerbaijan belongs officially to Europe, despite the fact that the majority of the country is geographically in Asia (well, same goes for Russia...)! Andreev could start in Tallinn next January, one more reason for me to organise that trip.
Well, so are Turkey, Georgia and Israel, so I'm not too surprised. I for one welcome the opportunity to steal cute NA skaters for our nefarious European purposes :laugh:. And if Kristin Fraser can represent AZE, why not Fedor?

Hope Tallinn works out for you!

Wrlmy

Medalist
OMG I'd pay to see Fedor skate in LA. Of course you have to pay to see any skater there, but this is a fantastic news! If Canada does lose a spot because of Fedor, I'll be :rofl:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Andreev DOES get to skate in LA, he will be in the early group because he has no ISU Ranking. Andreev is going to have to beat 28 men to even make it to the FS. His score at Nationals (56.68) would have placed him 22nd at 2008 Worlds when only 45 men (vs. 52 this year) were competing, and he wouldn't have made the cut for 2007 Worlds with that score.

Medusa

Record Breaker
If Andreev DOES get to skate in LA...
Do you have to be so realistic and sensible? It spoils all the fun. :frown:

And Contesti was in a really early group (not in the first half though) at Europeans but ended up with the Silver!

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Woah! Cool, great news regarding Fedor! I hope the paperwork comes through and he is able to compete at Worlds for AZE! :love: I wonder if siberia82 has heard this news yet? :rock: I'm sure the uplifting support from siber and all his other fans helped raise Andreev's spirits and drive to continue on competing. No matter what nation he represents, it will be thrilling to see him compete again! I hope all goes well for him. :clap:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Contesti has skated in lots of internationals this season alone, and he consistently has scored high marks in his SPs---72.51 at Karl Schafer, 67.94 at Golden Spin, 69.92 at NRW, 75.95 at Euros, and 81.65 at the Aegon Challenge Cup. Since he started skating for Italy, Contesti has placed first or second in every one of the six international events in which he's competed over the past two years.

Andreev's 56.68 at Nationals is very anemic compared to what Contesti has scored this year. And Fedor's last international competition was 2003 Lalique, more than 5 years ago (he was 7th).

saltypig

Rinkside

From wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_28

Dec 28 Holidays and observances
The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
Proclamation Day in South Australia
Roman Catholic / Eastern Orthodox saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, also known as Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of King Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
Abel is commemorated on this day in the Coptic Church
The third day of Kwanzaa is celebrated among African-Americans.