Delobel continues rehab of her injured shoulder | Golden Skate

Delobel continues rehab of her injured shoulder

Buttercup

Record Breaker
You know, at this point I would rather they WD from Worlds and allow Isabelle to do the rehab properly. The last thing I'd want is for her to try to come back too soon and make matters worse for herself, and it seems as though there's still a lot for her to do to build up her strength and flexibility. They've had such a great career with so many achievements that they can allow themselves to skip Worlds and work towards Vancouver - and I'm sure they realize that it might be the best way to go about things.

I'm sure we all wish Isabelle a speedy recovery and look forward to seeing them back in good shape once they return to competition.

mycelticblessing

Final Flight
This season is filled with injuries:no:

Hope Isabelle gets well soon. It will be such a pity if they have to withdraw since they performed so well this season.

Final Flight
uh can someone stab with with 23 rusty knives right now........

my chance to see them live....spent my money on a nice seat..........

yeah....i guess ....the only word to think about is "hope"

p.s. i even got a french flag ready.....:scowl: .....is there a suicidal emoticon?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
1795, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and them)

but your French flag could well be of use for Pechalat and Bourzat.

rosee

On the Ice
My first thoughts were for you 1795, I know you've been planing to see them in LA for around more than 2 years now...It's such a shame.

aw thanks you guys!

and joubert/ ponserro :rock:
personally, I would like to see both these Men on the podium. Don't forget this Worlds will be an eye opener for Vancouver. So if Del/Scho's do not skate, it ain't the end-of-the-world.

Hopefully NBC shows all the Events in its Living Colors.

herios

Medalist
1795, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you (and them)

but your French flag could well be of use for Pechalat and Bourzat.

well, feeling sorry for them, but they do the right thing not rushing back. I am rooting for Pechalat and Bourzat as well, they are as much fav. of mine as the canadians:)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
She has not even been on the ice yet? No way could they hope to compete. They would be leaving for LA mid-late next week to ajust to the time...they are as good as officially out. No battle of the Pink Floyds. :(

Kinga

Medalist
. No battle of the Pink Floyds. :(

:( Exactly, I was so excited about seeing those two programmes at the same event....

What a pity for Del/Sch, they had huge chance to win another World title. I know that the olympics is most important for them, but I also feel that one WCh title is simply not enough in the aspect of their wonderful career. :(

Audrey19

On the Ice
:bow::bow::bow: Please please skate gods, make her healthy and let them be in shape at worlds, I will do anything if you do! They soooo deserve that second world title!
1795, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you as well, I can imagine how that feels... I went to euros in 2007 in Warsaw and was so looking forward to seeing Lambiel, but he didn't compete:cry: There was still Brian but no Lambiel... I still regret it :no:

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If DelShoes did push themselves to be ready for Worlds, Isabelle might damage her shoulder to the point that they wouldn't be able to compete at the Olympics.

They could not possibly be truly ready for Worlds after being off the ice for 5 weeks, Isabelle's surgery, and less than three weeks of practice.

Best to give Isabelle the time she needs to completely recover from surgery. A second World title is not more important than ensuring Isabelle's health and safety.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Of course her health is the most important thing and she must not risk it, but I hope for a miracle to happen!

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Nathacha, Joubert has mild tendinitis (sp.?) in his right knee, which is why he's not doing the Challenge Cup. He's expected to be ok for Worlds. I think it's been reported mostly by the French media, which you should have an easier time accessing than I would :); his condition has also it's been mentioned on FSUniverse and on fan sites.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Nathacha, Joubert has mild tendinitis (sp.?) in his right knee, which is why he's not doing the Challenge Cup. He's expected to be ok for Worlds. I think it's been reported mostly by the French media, which you should have an easier time accessing than I would :); his condition has also it's been mentioned on FSUniverse and on fan sites.

I expect a withdrawal after her bombs the SP. Why can't Brain stay healthy and consistent? is that so much to ask?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I expect a withdrawal after her bombs the SP. Why can't Brain stay healthy and consistent? is that so much to ask?
Brian Joubert has been skating for 20 years and in senior competition since he was 17 (2001-2 season). I guess there's only so much the body can take over time, because he is by no means the only skater to have health issues - after all, the actual subject of this thread is another injured skater, while one of the best skaters in the world is out all season after undergoing surgery.

As for Joubert's specific problems, in 2006-7 it was spiking his blade into his foot, which cost him a month or so (luckily, it was in between events), then that mystery illness last year, and a back injury followed by knee problems this season. These do not seem like related problems to me, so I'm not sure there's much he could change or work on to make things better. My guess is that he will retire after the Olympic season. In terms of consistentcy, I think he's come a long way since bombing on his 2006 Olympic LP, and really who is consistent these days?

I really hope to see Brian healthy and skating well at Worlds and next season. At this point, I don't think it's realistic to expect Isabelle to be well enough for Worlds, so I look forward to seeing her in top condition next season.