Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Delobel continues rehab of her injured shoulder

Throwing tomatoes at corrupt judges Audrey19's Avatar
    Of course her health is the most important thing and she must not risk it, but I hope for a miracle to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by rosee View Post
    Brian injuried himself recently...he hopes to be in LA but there's a small chance he won't.
    What?????????????????????????????

Can you please send me a link?

Thanx.

Nathacha, Joubert has mild tendinitis (sp.?) in his right knee, which is why he's not doing the Challenge Cup. He's expected to be ok for Worlds. I think it's been reported mostly by the French media, which you should have an easier time accessing than I would ; his condition has also it's been mentioned on FSUniverse and on fan sites.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Nathacha, Joubert has mild tendinitis (sp.?) in his right knee, which is why he's not doing the Challenge Cup. He's expected to be ok for Worlds. I think it's been reported mostly by the French media, which you should have an easier time accessing than I would ; his condition has also it's been mentioned on FSUniverse and on fan sites.
    I expect a withdrawal after her bombs the SP. Why can't Brain stay healthy and consistent? is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I expect a withdrawal after her bombs the SP. Why can't Brain stay healthy and consistent? is that so much to ask?
    Brian Joubert has been skating for 20 years and in senior competition since he was 17 (2001-2 season). I guess there's only so much the body can take over time, because he is by no means the only skater to have health issues - after all, the actual subject of this thread is another injured skater, while one of the best skaters in the world is out all season after undergoing surgery.

As for Joubert's specific problems, in 2006-7 it was spiking his blade into his foot, which cost him a month or so (luckily, it was in between events), then that mystery illness last year, and a back injury followed by knee problems this season. These do not seem like related problems to me, so I'm not sure there's much he could change or work on to make things better. My guess is that he will retire after the Olympic season. In terms of consistentcy, I think he's come a long way since bombing on his 2006 Olympic LP, and really who is consistent these days?

I really hope to see Brian healthy and skating well at Worlds and next season. At this point, I don't think it's realistic to expect Isabelle to be well enough for Worlds, so I look forward to seeing her in top condition next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Yes thanks! I have since managed to find some information on French sites.

pour atteindre l'inaccessible étoile! 1795's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    :( Exactly, I was so excited about seeing those two programmes at the same event....
    how's mizz tessa on her legs/feet/shins?
    we should just postpone this event to the summer so EVERYONE can compete

Figure Skater Music Editor singerskates's Avatar
    Windsor, ON CAN, at WFCU Centre for Spring Skating School

Lightbulb

Tessa is getting stronger day by day. Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir competed at Canadians and 4CC. I'm expecting them to be the top of the field at Worlds this year and actually win the Gold even though their season started late. They are so talented and smart!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by 1795 View Post
    we should just postpone this event to the summer so EVERYONE can compete
    I had to laugh. Maybe we should just cancel all skating events until the Olympics so no one has a chance to get hurt.

Michelle'sFan

Banned
    Dance this season has really been the survival of the fittest.

Custom Title
    It was reported on another board that Isabelle was unable to return to practice ice last week. She is still in rehab, which has not gone smoothly. There will be an announcement on Friday, March 13th, but I'm expecting it to be that DelSHoes will NOT be at Worlds in LA.

Tripping on the Podium
    icenetwork.com reports that tanith Belbin and Ben Agusto are ready for worlds. There is mention in the article (toward the bottom) about Delobel's injury and Tessa's legs saying that there is not a clear favorite and nobody has a lock on the podium.

Link: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

We'll see what happens next week! It should be interesting: can't wait!

Michelle'sFan

Custom Title
    and what about Shabalin knee?

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiara80 View Post
    and what about Shabalin knee?
    Here is an article just about them: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

It says their appearance at Worlds "seems less and less likely".

Also it states that as of March 3rd, "Delobel has not yet put a foot back on the ice."

Michelle'sFan

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle'sFan View Post
    Here is an article just about them: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

It says their appearance at Worlds "seems less and less likely".
    God, you scared me chosing wrong quote

Talking about Shabalin's knee it seems to be OK. They are quite ready for Worlds.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast