new article on Meissner | Golden Skate

new article on Meissner

Great blog! :rock:

I am going to try that trick. Just show up and hope someone says, "So, you're here to interview Kimmie Meissner, right?"

Um, who? Oh yes, that's right, which one is she? :laugh:

lcd

Match Penalty
Great blog! :rock:

I am going to try that trick. Just show up and hope someone says, "So, you're here to interview Kimmie Meissner, right?"

Um, who? Oh yes, that's right, which one is she? :laugh:

Exactly... adorable :p

Particle Man

Match Penalty
So Kimmie actually watched some people's montages of her! That's pretty interesting. I have to say that I almost didn't mind that she and Emily weren't at Nats .. gave it a new feeling. But I won't mind if she comes back strong. More excitement! We've still never seen the entire field going at each other at Nationals, people have been missing every year...

ks777

Record Breaker
yep, skaters do watch videos on Youtube. Kurt said on CBC that he has seen Nobunari Oda doing a 4 toe loop on youtube.

I am sure they read GS and FSU sometimes. I would want to know what the skating fans think of me if I were a skater.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
She really liked the skating performances but:

The cheesiness of the transitions between performances were definitely geared toward a much younger or older audience. So, unless you can really appreciate the art taking place like i did, then you may just want to go elsewhere.

I hope someone at SOI reads her blog. She was there to review the show for folks in her age group (18/19 or so, I assume), and her conclusion was, don't go. This is such an easy thing for them to fix.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
but hasn't SOI *always* been cheesey in their transitions? I can think of Scott and Kristi doing that transition with the red hat (the year Scott had to cut his touring with the cast short because of his cancer)... and THAT was cheesey, but you could forgive them because it was Scott and Kristi so it was still cute...

"YOU BROKE MY HAT!"
"Oops. Sorry."
":cry:"

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link. Sounds like she still intends to continue skating. I wish her luck on that because boy, is she gonna need it or what.

The most interesting part was when she said she watched the montages on Youtube. I myself have breezed through a couple and (no offense to the folks that do this but) some people indeed have a lot of time on their hands. While I can understand being a little "surprised", I thought she would look more at the time that was spent putting that stuff together and appreciate that. I've done a little video editing in the past and it has made me realize that most of these things aren't just something you slap together in 5 minutes.

I wonder if any other skaters have looked themselves up on Youtube or Google. I think basically all competitive skaters crave the spotlight to a certain degree (otherwise they wouldn't do it) but some crave it more than others.

Last edited:

McWicked

On the Ice
Thanks for the link. Sounds like she still intends to continue skating. I wish her luck because boy, she's gonna need it.

The most interesting part was when she said she watched the montages on Youtube. I myself have breezed through a couple and (no offense to the folks that do this but) some people indeed have a lot of time on their hands. While I can understand being a little "surprised", I thought she would look more at the time that was spent putting that stuff together and appreciate that. I've done a little video editing in the past and it has made me realize that most of these things aren't just something you slap together in 5 minutes.

I wonder if any other skaters have looked themselves up on Youtube or Google. I think basically all competitive skaters crave the spotlight to a certain degree (otherwise they wouldn't do it) but some crave it more than others.

Ive made a bunch of them, at 1st i didnt think i could... but i was told it was easy, i made a few coz of my girlfriend, who likes them & stuff & she taught me about figure skating, long story there... anyway, actually they're not that hard 2 make unless u use a super program or whatever, i just use the movie maker & it's easy 2 use & stuff. Indeed I find figure skatin videos easier 2 work with than... makin montages of movies where u have soooo many scenes... it's like a nightmare 2 choose, those are really HARD. But in this case i dont remember the last time i spent more than an hour makin one of those. & Im not good w computers, im an intern, not a real doc yet xDDD.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually putting it together probably doesn't take too long but how about the planning? Figuring out which clips to use and whatnot?

McWicked

On the Ice
Actually putting it together probably doesn't take too long but how about the planning? Figuring out which clips to use and whatnot?

In my case i let the music guide me, i dont know, since i was little i was so used 2 barely havin time, that my brain works really fast xDDD coz in my head it's always easier than actually puttin them together, like my head (3 or 5 minutes) puttin it together, umm... if i only focus on that... like half an hour... but mostly my case is multi-taskin... so an hour top, or if im multi-taskin a lot, like... 15 minutes in different days xDDD coz i mostly make them when i catch up on my fav tv shows.

About the clips to use & stuff, I have a photographic memory, so it's easy for me to know where to look for when i want a certain scene.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But in this case i dont remember the last time i spent more than an hour makin one of those.
I make videos for memorials, weddings, birthdays, fun vids and graduations and it takes me at least a couple of months or more to work on them. The hardest video I've worked on now for over 6 months is a memorial of my mom who passed away almost a year ago. When I get it finished, I will be giving one to each of my siblings. Sometimes the feelings are overwhelming and I have to stop for a few days.

The planning and music are the hardest for me. I have to have a direction or theme before I can really work on it.

You're lucky if it only takes you and hour or so to work on a vid. :agree: :agree:

McWicked

On the Ice
I make videos for memorials, weddings, birthdays, fun vids and graduations and it takes me at least a couple of months or more to work on them. The hardest video I've worked on now for over 6 months is a memorial of my mom who passed away almost a year ago. When I get it finished, I will be giving one to each of my siblings. Sometimes the feelings are overwhelming and I have to stop for a few days.

The planning and music are the hardest for me. I have to have a direction or theme before I can really work on it.

You're lucky if it only takes you and hour or so to work on a vid
. :agree: :agree:

Mine are easy, so no much merit on that.