Olympic skater to speak at Butcher Event | Golden Skate

Olympic skater to speak at Butcher Event

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/ap_alaska/story/710350.html

FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Gold medal Olympic skater Dorothy Hamill can't say enough good things about famed musher Susan Butcher. But she puts in a good effort.

"She was this glorious person; she had pure love for what she did. She had such an enigmatic presence," Hamill said of her "dear friend" Butcher.

obviously won't get to go, but it's nice to know Dorothy had such high praise for one of Alaska's adopted own...

nubka

Final Flight
Lol! From reading the title of this thread, I though that a skater was going to be speaking at a butcher's convention... :laugh:

(do butchers even have conventions...? :scratch:)

John King

Final Flight
Lol! From reading the title of this thread, I though that a skater was going to be speaking at a butcher's convention... :laugh:

(do butchers even have conventions...? :scratch:)

Yes, and they're followed by the participants intermingling with the fans, called a "Meat and Greet"

sillylionlove

Medalist
Don't you guys remember on the Brady Bunch that Sam and Alice always went to the meatcutter's ball??? LOL

Did I just date myself there?????

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah, the title of the article is a bonehead one... leave it to the Anchorage Daily News... crappiest paper in AK, IMHO.

We could change the title to "skater praises musher," and really confuse everyone. :)