Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chock Full of Gold

News Chock Full of Gold

Madison Chock and Greg Zuerlein made a clean sweep of the major junior titles this season, both in the United States and internationally, hauling in gold at every event in which they competed. [More]

Um...is her costume "appropriate for an athletic contest," as required by ISU rules?

why wouldn't it be? Tanith has had 'skimpy-er' ones than that.

Well, for one thing Tanith is 24. This child is 16.

Tripping on the Podium
    Well, Madison Hubbell had an even more revealing outfit in a picture from JGP Mexico. The top is basically just a really rather revealing bra top and the outfit was navel-baring.

Question: Does the "appropriate for atheletic competition rule" only apply to singles and pairs? Because nobody every seems to call out ice dancers on costumes being too revealing or too excessive. And they seem to use illusion fabric more sparingly than the skaters in the other disciplines. So...are there any rules for ice dance costuming?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Well, for one thing Tanith is 24. This child is 16.
    you have obviously not seen the prom dresses for high school in the last few years.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    You should see most of the costumes for the Paso or Latin dances. More than half the girls have costumes that simulate ripped dresses with underwear showing through.

Quote Originally Posted by LilyOfTheValley View Post
    Her exhibition costume was even worse.
    http://photography.ice-dance.com/200...411-CZ.jpg.php
    Ouch. The problem with this one is not, that it is too revealing, but simply tasteless and ugly.

The one in the article is not too bad though, the colours compliment her complexion. It is too low-cut, which is not a problem of morals or decency to me - but in this case it just reveals too much skin at once. A necklace would have done wonders. Or the dress could just have ended a bit higher. The headband is way too huge, it is just too much contrast, too much going on - she has a lovely face with contrasting colours, this huge headband overwhelms her face. But other than that I quite like the costume.

Oh I was about to write a complimentary post on C/Z, but I think the thread is more about revealing costumes. No?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Oh I was about to write a complimentary post on C/Z, but I think the thread is more about revealing costumes. No?
    I guess I took the discusion in a frivolous direction. Please comment on the skating.
    Last edited by Mathman; 03-10-2009 at 10:43 AM.

At my computer watching Meryl and Charlie skate!
    I liked Chock/Zuerlein from the first time I saw them skate. To me, Madison has quite a maturity about her, I was surprised that she was only 16. I think Greg does a wonderful job presenting her on the ice, I really enjoyed their Phantom program. Phantom is definitely old school now but they made it fresh for me again.

Sounds like they are planning to go Senior next season? I think they will do well, but it's pretty crowded right now in US Senior Dance.

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    Simon @ British Eurosport could not gush enough about Madison, calling her a major Star in Ice Dancing. Remarked about how he watched mainly her during their Jr. World FD... saying he was in love with Brunettes. The man was smitten!!!

I must admit - I was too! Her Hawaiian - Chinese - Spanish - Portugese and French mixed heritage has graced her with stunning beauty to go with her fantastic athletic and artistic skills!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by visaliakid View Post
    Simon @ British Eurosport could not gush enough about Madison, calling her a major Star in Ice Dancing. Remarked about how he watched mainly her during their Jr. World FD... saying he was in love with Brunettes. The man was smitten!!!

I must admit - I was too! Her Hawaiian - Chinese - Spanish - Portugese and French mixed heritage has graced her with stunning beauty to go with her fantastic athletic and artistic skills!
    I think it could be greatest team - Chock-Charlie White or Chock - Scott Moir

Custom Title
    This team isn't on my favorites list this year, but everytime I see Madison, I always think of Tyra Banks on "America's Next Top Model" waving her index finger and saying " That girl is fierce!" Madison certainly has that star quality.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Um...is her costume "appropriate for an athletic contest," as required by ISU rules?
    I don't see anything wrong with her OD dance dress, but that exhibition is not in good taste. I guess she was trying to copy Tanith and Be's Love/sex dance...which somehow never looked sexy....just embarassing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast