Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Hybrid View

Custom Title

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

I haven't seen this article posted anywhere.

My French isn't fantastic, but I seem to understand that Evgeni is indeed planning on attending the Vancouver Olympics!

http://www.radio-canada.ca/sports/pa...ko-mardi.shtml

What does this mean for the present medal hopefuls? How will he compare to the likes of Kozuka, Chan and Abbott?

Or...is my French so crap that I completely misinterpreted the entire article?

Sounds like he is. The direct quotes from him say that he wants to compete from the beginning of next season (though realistically other than Senior B events) he will only be able to take part in Cup of Russia if the Rusian Skating Federation invite him to it. He'd not likely make the GPF (no bad thing in an Olympic season).

He also sayd he's back to training two or three times (i presume this is sessions) a day.

Ant

I'll believe it when I see it.

Custom Title
    Oh for Pete's sake!! Why?? He was one of the best in his time but now, imho, it's time he moved on. I too will believe it when I actually see it.

Quote Originally Posted by merrybari View Post
    Oh for Pete's sake!! Why?? He was one of the best in his time but now, imho, it's time he moved on. I too will believe it when I actually see it.
    I agree with the i'll believe it when i see it. But as to teh why? Why not?

Ant

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    You. Said. Exactly. What. I. Was. Going. To. Say.

Custom Title
    He keeps making these announcements to the press; does anyone know if he's made them to the Russian Fed? Last I heard, even Piseev was skeptical about the "comeback."

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I can't read french. did he actually say he was training to compete or does "being present" mean that he will do commentary or skate an exhibition?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I can't read french. did he actually say he was training to compete or does "being present" mean that he will do commentary or skate an exhibition?
    « Je suis décidé à concourir sur le circuit la saison prochaine afin de participer aux Jeux de Vancouver », a-t-il lancé.

« J'ai déjà repris l'entraînement à fond, à raison de deux ou trois fois par jour. Je me sens très bien et je crois que je vais bientôt atteindre ma meilleure forme. »

From what I understand, this quote goes something like this...

"I have decided to compete on the circuit the season before the Vancouver Games. I've already started training, 2-3 times a day. I believe I will soon be in top form."

I think by 'saison prochaine', he means he will compete in the Grand Prix (fall)before the Games (winter), as opposed to an entire skating season (year).

Very sad for me. IMO, he never really was a figure skater in the whole concept of the sport. He executed very controlled high level jumps which at the time were sensational for fans who love high level jumps. He looked to the rafters after each successful Quad and Triple combos and waited for the tumultus applause and screeches. And he got them. Plushenko had a zillion fans and I am sure they will be there for him if he really decides to skate Vancouver.

He will be judged on the jumps alone and given generous scores for the other elements which he does not excell in. Just my prediction if he skates the Olys.

My saddness reaches out to Dai, Nobi, Taki, Evan, Jeremy, Brian, Yannik, all of whom have Quads and also the others without quads but have beautiful skating.

If he does skate, I hope he doesn't give us another boring gold performance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    You. Said. Exactly. What. I. Was. Going. To. Say.
    Ditto

Hope it won't be 'kinda' embarrassing, frankly.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    he has done tango - flamenco in 2004 sp..but anyway i dont see plushenko having to do a spanish act cause he doenst fit in that style...as Lambiel doesnt fit in others..
    I ve never heard he has a lung condition but is he the only one that stops and poses during the program?I remember Lambiel, Joubert and even Buttle having stops in their programs, when Lambiel does it is choreography and when Plush does it is posing?
    And anyway whats wrong with skaters covering their weakness and showing their strengths...plushenko can speed from zero to max speed like none, maybe he was credited for that..
    bonne nuit

Skating Freak Barbie
    Will believe it when I see it also. This is only the what, third? Or fourth "comeback" announcement we've heard from Plushenko the last few years. So far, the amount of actual comebacks is...uhhhh....zero

I will be noisy now (vociferous), it is hard to be the fourth announcement since it has been 3 years from Olympics and Plush had said from the beginning that he wont compete in 2006-2007.
    Mostly media reproduce the news every beginning, middle and end of season, and journalists ask him in e-v-e-r-y interview the question of returning even if the theme is Disneyland, plush has said lots of times I want to compete in Vancouver if I m injured free blah, blah etc, he said that he would come back this season but he didnt, now actually he hasnt spoken about it that much.
    I m thinking that probably the discussion about his comeback will continue until 2014. I hope Plush sometime in future makes a party announcement saying I leave amateurs

Vous allez retrouver face à vous de vieilles connaissances comme Takahashi qui revient de blessure après une saison blanche ou Plushenko et Lambiel qui viennent de sortir de leur retraite sportive. Quels sentiments vous inspirent ces retours à la compétition ?
    « J'ai regardé Plushenko sur internet. (Ironique) Franchement, j'espère qu'il va garder ces programmes-là. Il n'y a pas vraiment de transitions et je suis sceptique sur son quad. Quand tu vois le triple déjà… Il est à l'arrêt. On doit se retrouver à Talinn aux championnats d'Europe. Franchement cela ne me fait pas peur. Lambiel ? Je n'y crois pas. Takahashi ? C'est différent parce qu'il est animé d'une autre motivation, il sera plus fort. » Et les autres ?
    « Je pense que Verner sera le plus dangereux même s'il est inconstant et peu expérimenté. On sera fixé dès le Bompard. »
    Free translation, I have to transfer from french to greek and then english in my head.. So maybe I m wrong of what he said...probably it is better if i m wrong..

-You will face again your old familiars (i cannot translate connaisances) like takahashi who comes back from injury after a season, or Plushenko and Lambiel who come back from retirement. What emotions have caused (inspired) you these comebacks in competitions?
    -I saw Plushenko on internet... (ironic) Honestly , I hope that he keeps these programs. He doesnt have transitions and I m sceptical about his quad. Even when you see the triple...he is static(or without speed,i m not sure how to explain it) We must meet at Tallin. Honestly this one doesnt scare me. Lambiel?I dont believe it..Takahashi It is different because he has another motivation, it will be harder.
    Then he refers to Verner from the rest of skaters, he thinks he is the most dangerous even if incosistent and with not much experience..

Voilà

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast