Page 2 of 174 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Custom Title
    He keeps making these announcements to the press; does anyone know if he's made them to the Russian Fed? Last I heard, even Piseev was skeptical about the "comeback."

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    If I was going to choose one of the old guys, then I would choose Alexei!!!
    I vote for Alexey too!

Shoe Diva
    Oh Yay! I haven't seen that level of arrogance on the ice in a long while... should be fun to watch...

Custom Title
    Lol.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I can't read french. did he actually say he was training to compete or does "being present" mean that he will do commentary or skate an exhibition?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I can't read french. did he actually say he was training to compete or does "being present" mean that he will do commentary or skate an exhibition?
    « Je suis décidé à concourir sur le circuit la saison prochaine afin de participer aux Jeux de Vancouver », a-t-il lancé.

« J'ai déjà repris l'entraînement à fond, à raison de deux ou trois fois par jour. Je me sens très bien et je crois que je vais bientôt atteindre ma meilleure forme. »

From what I understand, this quote goes something like this...

"I have decided to compete on the circuit the season before the Vancouver Games. I've already started training, 2-3 times a day. I believe I will soon be in top form."

I think by 'saison prochaine', he means he will compete in the Grand Prix (fall)before the Games (winter), as opposed to an entire skating season (year).

Banned
    He'd be 27 for the Olympics, pretty old but still possible. Fumie is 28 right now...

Very sad for me. IMO, he never really was a figure skater in the whole concept of the sport. He executed very controlled high level jumps which at the time were sensational for fans who love high level jumps. He looked to the rafters after each successful Quad and Triple combos and waited for the tumultus applause and screeches. And he got them. Plushenko had a zillion fans and I am sure they will be there for him if he really decides to skate Vancouver.

He will be judged on the jumps alone and given generous scores for the other elements which he does not excell in. Just my prediction if he skates the Olys.

My saddness reaches out to Dai, Nobi, Taki, Evan, Jeremy, Brian, Yannik, all of whom have Quads and also the others without quads but have beautiful skating.

If he does skate, I hope he doesn't give us another boring gold performance.

Rogue Leader
    saison prochaine simply means next season. He said he wants to come back next season and compete in the Olympics. In that statement, he doesn't specify what events/timeframe he is looking at to make his return.

love you, Kwanie!

Custom Title
    Please no. Stay home Plush. Your cheesy programs with weak spins, phantom choreography and posturing are not what the sport needs. Yeah you had the jumps but that's it. Oh and there were those inflated scores. I'd take about ten or twenty other skaters, current and retired, over you.

Whoa, why is everyone so mean? What is this, the "Sasha and Michelle return" thread?

I like Plushenko. Let him come back and show these no jump wonders what's what!

I would rather see Sandhu come back. I would take Sandhu's drama, makeup, the ghost in his hotel rooms, beautiful-but-inconsistent 4t and bum-sticking-out-to-the-audience spins over Plushenko at any day.

MM - you just like whoever gets picked on

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingbc View Post
    I just meant that he has competed against the "old guys" before so we have some idea about how he stacks up in comparison. Chan is a new senior and even though Abbott is older, this has been a breakthrough season for him.
    Keep in mind that the current "old guys" were new-comers when last he competed against them. They have now become the seasoned, experienced competitors that HE was then. He hasn't competed against them from that perspective so we don't really know how he stacks up. They've been progressing as competitors while he's been away from the competitive arena. Makes for a whole new ball game for him v. the entire field.

Should be verrrrrry interesting. Bring it on. But once more, I repeat, I"ll believe it when I see it.

Page 2 of 174 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 102 ... LastLast