Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174
Results 2,596 to 2,602 of 2602

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Rooting for Adrian, Javi and Kevin R!!! :) aemeraldrainc's Avatar
    WOW! Thank you so much, seniorita! or is it señorita? (just wondering) hehe
    Loved seeing the pics and video! Thanks for sharing!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    http://www.championat.ru/other/article-53686.html
    Interview of organizers KOI

The "Kings on Ice" project was conceived a long time ago and this is not the first time Zhenya Plushenko and Stephane Lambiel are together in this show, besides me with Oliver Haner, Stephane manager, are close friends. He was with us in Moscow, he arrived at 6:30, right for the show.

So, initially, even before Vancouver, this show was counting on Evgeni and Stephane. Regardless of how they will perform at the Olympics. It's no secret that both returned to the sport of figure skating specifically to participate in the Games.However, the title of kings of the ice had been theirs for long time. But then there was Brian Joubert who is also an outstanding athlete. And of course, Johnny Weir, for us a king - we should respect a man who so lovingly refers to Russia. I was pleased that he participated in our show.

And so we got the four of them together, and there was the idea of the show. Yes, they are very different, but they can perform together.

- It was not difficult? The four are such different characters, and each in the competition are ready to go just for the first place.
    - On the contrary. Working with all of them was very nice. At the competition, because they have to compete, they are more quiet, each doing their own thing. they passed each other and they keep competitng, and here they were together and the atmosphere was friendly, and their energy was transmitted across the hall.

- How did you manage to persuade Brian Joubert? His dislike for the show is well known.
    - In fact, everything was settled very easily. Zhenya walked over to Brian in another championship and said: "We're always competing, maybe it's time to perform together in a show?" And he immediately agreed: "Let's go for it". Arrangements have been made very quickly, and in general with him was easy. For a producer to have this with their athletes is a very important quality, it's very had when you have to work with stars who exalt themselves above than is necessary.

- You know, many spectators complained that each of their favorites got just one solo ...
    - I can not say that they weregiven little time on the ice. First they participate in the opening, then in the finale, their solo and there is a group number, where they played all four together. I am very glad how that turned out. That was my idea, and the guys liked it. By the way, we used the music from Joubert's program and I was worried that he would be against it, that it could come to a situation where he could protest and say: "This is my music." But Brian has agreed outright.

The interest in this number was extraordinary - I had seen it laid out on Youtube, and the next day, this video was looked by eight thousand people. If possible, I want to further develop this line. Something like mini-performances, when each of the skaters has its own support group and do some numbers.

- Will we see another "Kings on Ice" in Russia? Have the promoters changed their minds about supporting shows in Russia?
    To know about it, we'll need a couple of days more. We're just flying to Sweden. But in general the task was, at least, fulfilled. I would also like to say that we are very happy for Stéphane Lambiel, he has a crazy popularity in Russia. Evgeny Plushenko, by the way, insisted that the Swiss will be one of the last ones to perform.

It remains a complex financial issue. I've heard they said that prices for the show were too high. But usually, for World shows they have 5-6, even 10 sponsors and we had only one. And without it, I'm afraid we would have not be able to do anything. So let's see how things will shape in the future.

I found a video of them playing football
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VmeVeeOajI

More of the 4 group
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfg3M...mbedded#at=125

guys training

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E31gQXpNspM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOVhh2-selM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvE9T3m_RXQ

and this site has amazing amazing photos
    http://fotki.yandex.ru/users/kkfksenia/album/88845/?

Custom Title
    Thanks, seniorita! Love the playing soccer video! Plushenko and Joubert were pretty good at it.

The idea of having Plushenko, Joubert, and Lambiel all together in one show is thrilling. I, too, wish Takahashi would have been there as well.

Thanks for sharing, seniorita. Such a treat for me to see the Kings. Loved the photos.

We went with Natacha from here on Angels on Ice in Paris tonight! Great show, actually it is KOi again. Only now Lepisto was the main gilr and the whole french team skated. Many impressions to write, but after Easter! What was funny it was I didnt remember Stoijko would be there so when they announced him my jaw dropped. I was never a fan of him, and I didnt like his posture type or style, and actually i watched him only at the end of his carreer but yet today i felt like'wow, he is someone i used to watch ten years ago". I was suprised by his height in split jumps and jumps in general, concidering his size. And soft knees, he still has his jumps. Another era skater, it was obvious.
    Another observation is Delshoes I had never seen live, their unison and chemistry is striking, few times an ice dance couple can make me watch!They were just amazing!And the last one is Amodio in galas, give the boy medals so he can skate to exhibitions, dear god, not Chan, nor Dai and not even Brezina come close to his dancing abilities, he has two great programs, one is tangolike (i hope it is his new sp or something, it was awesome) and the other is Michael jackson one and actually the only MJ program I liked the last years, he dances amazing and he is a showman, if you leave aside Joub and Plush that got the huge applause, ovations etc, Amodio was the next star, he won also the audience.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    We went with Natacha from here on Angels on Ice in Paris tonight! Great show, actually it is KOi again. Only now Lepisto was the main gilr and the whole french team skated. Many impressions to write, but after Easter! What was funny it was I didnt remember Stoijko would be there so when they announced him my jaw dropped. I was never a fan of him, and I didnt like his posture type or style, and actually i watched him only at the end of his carreer but yet today i felt like'wow, he is someone i used to watch ten years ago". I was suprised by his height in split jumps and jumps in general, concidering his size. And soft knees, he still has his jumps. Another era skater, it was obvious.
    Another observation is Delshoes I had never seen live, their unison and chemistry is striking, few times an ice dance couple can make me watch!They were just amazing!And the last one is Amodio in galas, give the boy medals so he can skate to exhibitions, dear god, not Chan, nor Dai and not even Brezina come close to his dancing abilities, he has two great programs, one is tangolike (i hope it is his new sp or something, it was awesome) and the other is Michael jackson one and actually the only MJ program I liked the last years, he dances amazing and he is a showman, if you leave aside Joub and Plush that got the huge applause, ovations etc, Amodio was the next star, he won also the audience.
    I was treying to find a link with the entire cast (on the french google), without a success, only links to how to purchase a ticket...Could you let us know whoi else skated? I could see Sav/ Szo were there also among the featured skaters, beside Plushy, Stojko and Del / SCh?

out the top of my head it was plush, joub, stojko, amodio, preubert , ponsero, the national champion of france in ladies(i dont know name , she is 15 years old, lovely), laura lepisto, aliona and robbin, tatiana and morozov, the Delshoes and Vanessa and Yanick. And Marton with violin plus two acrobat acts. I think this is it, i dont know if I m forgetting any. Almost all, except for ponsero and preubert and the little lady, did two appearances and the top 4 men did three programs.

Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74 124 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174