Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One little, tiny thing i minded in yagudin once was the Skate Canada 2003-2004 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9ZFwcpCOzc
, everybody applauded plush in Nijiinki and even more cause he was skating with both knees seriously injured,but Yag didnt even when the camera was on him.
Alexei didn't applaud anyone. He was there to announce his retirement the next day Sunday but he attended the Saturday evening events. I was there with binnoculars and guess who I was watching most of the time!!!! I think he was kind of sad because he wanted to continue to compete but his body wouldn't let him. The next day he announced his retirement and skated 2-3 numbers.

caran

Rinkside
it seems to me there's a double standard going on in this thread. If you don't like Plushy you're a hater and you don't know what you're talking about, but any other skater is fair game... not sure how that works, but oh well. What do I know.

----------------------------------------------------------

I suddenly has some doubts about this sentence......

If it means that, the plushy fan here always consider that "If you don't like Plushy you're a hater and you don't know what you're talking about".

or it means, If you don't like Plushy you're a hater and you don't know what you're talking about, but any other skater is fair game...it is a phenomeno here

:confused: my poor English......

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I was just referring to this thread and the underlying theme. take it how you willl.

Your command of English is outstanding! I think it means both of those two things, the implication beng that Plushenko fans are in the majority -- or at least are most vociferous -- on this board. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
again, MM, it means in this thread. not the board as a whole...

but the conversation has moved on.

Kasey

Medalist
Will believe it when I see it also. This is only the what, third? Or fourth "comeback" announcement we've heard from Plushenko the last few years. So far, the amount of actual comebacks is...uhhhh....zero

seniorita

Record Breaker
I will be noisy now (vociferous:laugh:), it is hard to be the fourth announcement since it has been 3 years from Olympics and Plush had said from the beginning that he wont compete in 2006-2007.
Mostly media reproduce the news every beginning, middle and end of season, and journalists ask him in e-v-e-r-y interview the question of returning even if the theme is Disneyland, plush has said lots of times I want to compete in Vancouver if I m injured free blah, blah etc, he said that he would come back this season but he didnt, now actually he hasnt spoken about it that much.
I m thinking that probably the discussion about his comeback will continue until 2014. I hope Plush sometime in future makes a party announcement saying I leave amateurs:cool:

antmanb

Record Breaker
I will be noisy now (vociferous:laugh:), it is hard to be the fourth announcement since it has been 3 years from Olympics and Plush had said from the beginning that he wont compete in 2006-2007.
Mostly media reproduce the news every beginning, middle and end of season, and journalists ask him in e-v-e-r-y interview the question of returning even if the theme is Disneyland, plush has said lots of times I want to compete in Vancouver if I m injured free blah, blah etc, he said that he would come back this season but he didnt, now actually he hasnt spoken about it that much.
I m thinking that probably the discussion about his comeback will continue until 2014. I hope Plush sometime in future makes a party announcement saying I leave amateurs:cool:

But he is in the youtube link earlier in the thread and clearly states that he wants to come back and the reason is that he wants to win! On that basis I think he must mean it right now otherwise he wouldn't have said it on film knowing it would be put up on youtube.

By the way i would also echo the sentiments of the poster who complimented his English - it was really good.

Also seniorita - i love having debates with you because, although we do disagree about Pluschenko, the debate is alway fun and you have a great sense of humour!

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
Although we do disagree about Pluschenko, the debate is alway fun
so ..:cool:you like to piss me off about plushy so that you can laugh?:laugh:(joke)

I know he said that, i laughed that he was so to the point, he didnt say for russia, for the experience, for my mum and my girlfriend or something, i just meant that he has said it sometimes and has been around papers a gazillion times, some weeks ago russian news said it, was translated in european papers and i must have heard it/read it in french news /eurosport etc like a dozen times, like an echo:)
Funny, if plush is telling lies about his comeback, imagine his nose if he was pinokio:laugh:

M&D made a nice footage, plushy is very cute in that video and I loved the steps where he wipes the floor, when he speaks english he looks like a child and his nose looks smaller.:p

Plush is hardly the only skater to be the focus of negative comments. The top skaters will always have fans alongside detractors.
How true! and there will always be fans who find faults with the system.;) Like me.

I agree Chan has excellent footwork. I don't find it special as in innovative or unique - just very, very well executed. Of course, there's nothing wrong with that! But he's certainly not the only one whose feet I watch during step sequences, and he is by no means the only skater paying attention to footwork. That's like saying Stephane Lambiel was the only one paying attention to spins - when the more accurate statement is that he was really good at it.
Interesting post although not directly concerned with Plushenko.

I watched one skater In Juniors (unfortunately, I didn't make note of it) where she performed her straightline footwork from one end of the arena to the opposite one, but she went from one side of the arena to the other in a ziz zag mannter to the end. I had never seen it before and thought it was quite innovated since we have more or less accepted the Plushenko school of footwork

Her feet movements covered all the bascis but with a 'waltzy' type of style. Further innovated for me. I enjoyed all that flow together with her simple ballet arms.

I'm so used to watching the down the center of the ice, with quick basics and wild going arms (seems the standard) that it's tough to singling out the best.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
....since we have more or less accepted the Plushenko school of footwork....QUOTE]

I must assume that you are using the royal "we", Joe, because I have *never* accepted the Plyushchenko school of footwork. On the contrary, in years past, I have posted (elsewhere) strong criticism of the sloppiness I saw in it. Finally, he cleaned it up a lot, thank goodness, but a little late in the day for me.

Plyushchenko's specialty is jumping, with a graceful outflow. Lambiel is, I think, the generally acknowledged male leader in spins. Since Lucinda Ruh is the female leader in spins, and they are both Swiss, I am forced to wonder if it is something in the chocolate lololololol. ;) Yagudin's feet were always the feet I loved to watch; I thought of them as "fleet feet". I used to love it, during his eligible competition days, when the camera went to his feet, and his footwork is still the footwork I love best. I think I am not alone in that. ;)

Extraneous stuff during footwork does not interest me; it is the *feet* in footwork that matter to me. The new rules seem to award a lot of armwork during the footwork lol. That is like rewarding standing still during the jumping passes. I am not interested in seeing if someone can pat their head while rubbing their tummy simultaneously, or the figure skating movements that are comparable to that. I want to see neat, graceful, clean, elegant bladework on the ice, done with a swiftness that the skater is truly capable of executing, not sloppy bobbling and cover-ups.

I cannot claim that my opinions are humble, nor do I wish to use that expression. I can only claim that they are mine lololololol--and to be perfectly honest, I really do think that they are worth more than two cents lol. So much for message board cliches... ;)

About Plyushchenko's return, I do not know how it will end, but I think he means to try, at this point, to represent Russia at the coming Olympics. He is also doing some touring, so that will take its toll on training time. His natural rotating/ jump-landing ability is so great, that perhaps he can overcome such disadvantages. I have already taken an interest in some of the younger Russian male skaters, so my attention is more on them, where eligible skating is concerned.

antmanb

Record Breaker
I watched one skater In Juniors (unfortunately, I didn't make note of it) where she performed her straightline footwork from one end of the arena to the opposite one, but she went from one side of the arena to the other in a ziz zag mannter to the end. I had never seen it before and thought it was quite innovated since we have more or less accepted the Plushenko school of footwork

Her feet movements covered all the bascis but with a 'waltzy' type of style. Further innovated for me. I enjoyed all that flow together with her simple ballet arms.

I'm so used to watching the down the center of the ice, with quick basics and wild going arms (seems the standard) that it's tough to singling out the best.

Really? I'm very surprised to hear that because one of my biggest complaints of COP step sequences originally was the end of the serpentine step sequence. It is so much longer than the rest and takes up so much more time that no-one used it any more.

Then the footwork features were tweaked and we basically no longer see true straightline step sequences anymore - skaters do zig-zagging or much bigger lobed "straightline" seuqences that end up being something and nothing - the lobes aren't big enough and are too plentiful to say it's a serpentine, nor is the step sequence actually straightline any more.

I think they are extremely common for skaters trying to achieve the variety of turns feature for higher level footwork.

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
I was there with binnoculars and guess who I was watching most of the time!!!!

plushy?:rolleye:
;)

Alexei didn't applaud anyone. He was there to announce his retirement the next day Sunday but he attended the Saturday evening events.
i didnt remember it was this skate america, i take my words back, it was an emotional day, yag had the best farewell of amateurs I can remember, I hope plush does something of the same wheneeeeeeveeer he decides to say an official bye-bye, i suspect around 2018 maybe when his son will skate in juniors?:cool:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dee4707 said:
I was there with binnoculars and guess who I was watching most of the time!!!!
:laugh: :laugh: :clap: Great comeback. You have quite the quick wit. Thanks for making me laugh. :clap: :clap:
seniorita said:
i didnt remember it was this skate america,
Alexei withdrew at Skate America. He did his SP but was in too much pain for the LP and withdrew.

Alexei announced his retirement at Skate Canada.

seniorita

Record Breaker
skate canada..skate america..i m not good in geography!:p
..so he skated in 2002 skate america and withdrew due to injury and announced his retire in skate canada 2003, one year after?i m lost abit..i remember when he had skated his farewell with black outfit looking very sad and tarasova was crying, that was when?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
skate canada..skate america..i m not good in geography!:p
..so he skated in 2002 skate america and withdrew due to injury and announced his retire in skate canada 2003, one year after?i m lost abit..i remember when he had skated his farewell with black outfit looking very sad and tarasova was crying, that was when?
Seniorita, you're the best. :agree: :agree:

Here's an article that will help. This was the competition I attended. I didn't know Alexei was going to be there so that was the icing on the cake.

Skate Canada

Simone

Match Penalty
I would not be honored with a comeback but if he really wants to come back... it could be interesting.