Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 79 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

evangeline

Record Breaker
Here is some real Plushy news I just saw at another site.

Apparently Plushy's home town is planning to erect a statue in his honor.
Not many skaters have a statue in their honor so this is very exciting news!.

To pick the statue they had a contest and over 300 different sculptors entered their work for consideration.

Here is the winner!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049199@N02/2846813518/

I think they made a wise choice as this magnificent work captures the true essense of Plushy, the man and the skater

But Janetfan, the statue is upside-down! :laugh:

janetfan

Match Penalty
But Janetfan, the statue is upside-down! :laugh:

Of course, because it is not permanently mounted yet. ;)
Currently it is on a temporary base with wheels and is being taken to towns and cities all over Russia.
The "Mighty Finger" is like their version of the Olympic torch ;) :cool: :biggrin:

plushyta

On the Ice
wow, too many ex champions went to see Rostel! Averbukh arrived to see plush and left?Lol!
... as and Kostomarov, Tikhonov, Albena Denkova, Maxim Staviski .... ;)

Seriously now, in Moscow I must have spotted a lot of men with mullet style, so I concluded that it is their national haircut. Yags must be the exception of the rule. It is not only Plushenko, in metro and in tv i must have seen too many guys having the same haircut more or less, ...
Has anyone here looked at the "old" Russian movies - "Alexander Nevsky", "Andrey Rublyov"...? :unsure:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029850/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060107/
I am surprised that you do not know, that it is typical of the Russian national hairstyles :p

No wig, we want THE MULLET
trademark_symbol.gif
!
Khmmm... what is mullet? girl_blush.gif

Here is some real Plushy news I just saw at another site.

Apparently Plushy's home town is planning to erect a statue in his honor.
Not many skaters have a statue in their honor so this is very exciting news!....
http://velena.ru/translations/NM_2009.html

Nikolai Morozov:
«I WOULD BUILD A STATUE FOR PLUSHENKO» :biggrin:
NM: I was blown by Evgeni Pluschenko’s skating. So far it’s the strongest impression of the season. I would build a statue for him. It’s hard to give a score for what he had done.

- EV: I.e. you didn’t even consider the possibility of his comeback?
- NM: No, why? At the time I was deeply involved in Yagudin/Pluschenko rivalry when they both were getting ready for the SLC games. I know the guys well and I know what are they capable of. When Yagudin considered coming back to the sports before his hip surgery he came to train with me in New Jersey, skated for a couple of days and even attempted to land a quad. Those are the skaters of a different level. Not like any others. In Pluschenko’s plans to come back I didn’t see anything impossible, but I was overwhelmed in Moscow not by his triple and quad jumps, but by the fact that he looks better on the ice now than he was at 2006.

- EV: Many are mentioning that. As well as the fact it would be hard for Pluschenko to accommodate to the new system as far as the non jumping elements go.
- NM: I don’t want to talk about it. The last world championships were won by the skaters who can’t even perform a quad. I don’t consider it normal.

- EV: I remember our conversation half a year prior to the Turino Olympics. Back then you said the value of the quad should be higher. But it still haven’t happened. Is an attempt for a hard element justified when it is not scored particularly high?
- NM: I think those who are capable to land the quads will attempt them in Vancouver. That is if they want to win, of course. Take Joubert: he meant to jump 3 quads them in Grand Prix in Paris and it was not because Pluschenko came back. And it doesn’t matter that he was unable to land them: after all the goal is the same: to win in Vancouver....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Many Upstairs Loves Learn Eating Tuna :scratch:?

P.S. I have my first Plushy avatar!!! :rock:

congrats - and your latest siggybanner screams for a crown.

Is this considered a mullet also?

Cause this is the shortest plushair i may have seen and I could live with that, it looked nice!:)

I don't think it is... it's the same style that Keith Urban (Mr. Nicole Kidman) has... which I also don't like lol

Milas

Rinkside
:laugh: I leave you alone for a while and you write several pages of...eh....stuff. It's hard keeping up with this thread.

Are we endorsing tanning now? Because really, I never cared for Evan's.

jennylovskt

Medalist
There are pictures of Plush with slightly better hair...still mullet, but less power...

http://plushwinner.narod.ru/photo/pics/onegin2.jpg

I've seen this photo before, and I actually really like it. So if Plushenko perm his hair like this, it will look a lot better. But I actually don't mind his mullet that much. It has already become him. Of course, if he ever changes his mind and decides to change to the hair style into this photo, it'll be better.:)

janetfan

Match Penalty
I've seen this photo before, and I actually really like it. So if Plushenko perm his hair like this, it will look a lot better. But I actually don't mind his mullet that much. It has already become him. Of course, if he ever changes his mind and decides to change to the hair style into this photo, it'll be better.:)

I agree and also think the picture of Plushy "studying the dinner menu" is very nice :p He looks so peaceful mulling (not "mulleting" :biggrin:) over what to order.

I also agree that the mullet suits him and after all of these years it would feel strange to see him change it.

Figure skating needs more iconic images. :yes:
Michelle's coe spiral and Plushy's enduring mullet are without a doubt the two most recognizable images in the skating world. :yes:

American fans are always greatful to Plushy because his mullet honors the original "Mullet King" of men's figure skating..

http://www.thelugeman.com/scott 2.jpg

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
MonstrouslyUnbeatable LargeLong andEnormousToe-loops

oh i just love you sometimes:biggrin:

Jntfan is right, to be honest Plush without the hair flaling in the four-dimensional space would not be Plushy. I grew up with the image. It would be like Christmas without Santa.

jennylovskt

Medalist
I agree and also think the picture of Plushy "studying the dinner menu" is very nice :p He looks so peaceful mulling (not "mulleting" :biggrin:) over what to order.

:laugh: You are so funny (sometimes)!

Don't you think he looked like a musician studying a music sheet? That was the first thing came into my mind when I saw this photo the first time.:love: (Many musicians and artists have big nose, you know.)

seniorita

Record Breaker
Am I missing something, or this paper is totally blank???:confused:
Thats is exactly the power of a mullet! :laugh:Up until now I was watching Plush, I had never paid attention to the paper! Moreover i always though he was looking in a hand mirror, lol!

do you imply that Ant will be overmarked in pcs?:unsure:He totally deserves them as much as Plush:)