Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

bekalc

Record Breaker
No more so than Joubert, it would seem.

Ugh. No Daisuke is way more of a headcase than Joubert. May I point out to you 2008 worlds, where Daisuke even did an Oda (did four combos) along with the multiple screw ups. He's only had one good worlds, and even then he put himself far back enough in the short program to take it out of his hands.

I love Daisuke's skating, but I'm not convinced at all that Daisuke can rise to the challenge. I am convinced that Joubert can, in fact I think part of Joubert's problem is he pays to much attention to others and plays it safe to much. He actually hilariously enough skates his best when he's challenged.

Last edited:
Joubert vs. Plushenko for Gold!! We know much about Joubert. What do we know about Plushenko since 2006? He's had a difficult divorce; his skating is limited to shows. We don't know if he is able to increase his technical since last Olys. Are there any reports on his practice? He's not the fair haired boy anymore. The judges should not quiver with the mention of his name. Will he skate 2010? Will he be fully trained?

antmanb

Record Breaker
The others don't for Plushenko. Joubert's the only one capable of beating Plushy at 2006 level. BUT, I think Plushenko fails to perhaps see that the judges aren't going to be so forigiving with him, or so willing to have him jump in and take Gold.

How can anyone know this?

Until Pluschenko skates we will not have a clue how the judges will score him.

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
what is head grabbing?like evan's face touching??
to be honest i was looking at somewhere else, i didnt notice anything :eek:

antmanb

Record Breaker
what is head grabbing?like evan's face touching??
to be honest i was looking at somewhere else, i didnt notice anything :eek:

Face touching, head grabbing, pelvic thrusting, swatting invisible flies around your head. These are all things that make me cringe when watching skating.

Ant

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
Face touching, head grabbing, pelvic thrusting, swatting invisible flies around your head. These are all things that make me cringe when watching skating.

Ant

:rofl:

Thanks for making me laugh, Ant. ;)

ETA: It was the invisible flies around the head that got me. So "Mad" magazine. ;) lol I am still chuckling. Potzrebie!

Last edited:

sillylionlove

Medalist

Ant

Skating? I thought you were describing a trip to the strip club! LOL :rofl:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Face touching, head grabbing, pelvic thrusting, swatting invisible flies around your head. These are all things that make me cringe when watching skating.Ant

i just saw the head grabbing, yeah it is not nice:unsure:...like he wants to get rid of his head.But maybe it is a concentration move.;)
I liked a lot some his hand movements though..also the fact that he covers miles of ice when he jumps, i didnt see it in worlds a lot this year and it bothers me when someone jumps and almost returns on the same spot:cool:

and it is not flies, it is bees..:p

caran

Rinkside
Just questions......(I delete the first one because it seems not polite. Sorry for that......)

And, I forget if I have asked before......is he natural blond? because his hair color keeps changing since 1998 till now= =

Last edited:

Fashionista

On the Ice
And, I forget if I have asked before......is he natural blond? because his hair color keeps changing since 1998 till now= =
Yeah, he's natural blond but hair's getting darker with age so nothing's surprising.

To your first question I even don't know how to answer. I hope it was a joke.

caran

Rinkside
Yeah, he's natural blond but hair's getting darker with age so nothing's surprising.

To your first question I even don't know how to answer. I hope it was a joke.

very thanks. it's just question about some blond guy's hair becoming darker like brown by time going, not only plushy, but also some others as Stephen Hendry (Snooker) and Jurgen Klinsmann. I always wonder if they are dying the hair or not......Sorry for my curiosity and i really don't want to offend.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
maybe the general feeling is that joumbert deserves this time the OG but honestly for me joumbert since last olympics had only one great season with good skating.

Maybe some people think so, but I believe that no-one deserves an Olympic gold medal, it must be won.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Sorry it is my english, by deserve i dont mean anyone should give it to Joubert or anyone else if he doesnt win it that night, i just meant that joumbert is the most expected to win the OG according to how he skates the last few years.
For plushenko it was different for me, I was ultra happy because it was the medal he wanted after a long career. Of course if in Torino someone else had won it and still it was given to plushenko i wouldnt have liked it at all.
Personally I would love to see Takahashi coming back strong and fight for gold and by some magical way i would love to see kozuka on podium cause I adored him at worlds.And weir. If plushy comes back i need a podium with 4 places.:p

seniorita

Record Breaker
preubert?:unsure:when did he have insects problems?I dont remember his lp, only his radiohead sp:)
you have to think of the intensity the skater acts with to get rid of whatever is around his head,in plushy's case it cannot be flies nor butterflies;)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Ugh. No Daisuke is way more of a headcase than Joubert. May I point out to you 2008 worlds, where Daisuke even did an Oda (did four combos) along with the multiple screw ups. He's only had one good worlds, and even then he put himself far back enough in the short program to take it out of his hands.

Doing extra combos is not a mistake in the objective sense. It's just extra - worth nothing. CoP is simply bad and penalizes it rather than ignoring it.

Brian consistently leaves out combinations. I see that as a bigger mistake than doing extra.

P.S. - Dai was only "far enough back" in the SP at 2007 Worlds because of, yet again, bad CoP rules. His SP was beautiful and he should have won that World Championships after the LP, not Joubert.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Doing extra combos is not a mistake in the objective sense. It's just extra - worth nothing. CoP is simply bad and penalizes it rather than ignoring it.

Brian consistently leaves out combinations. I see that as a bigger mistake than doing extra.

P.S. - Dai was only "far enough back" in the SP at 2007 Worlds because of, yet again, bad CoP rules. His SP was beautiful and he should have won that World Championships after the LP, not Joubert.
We've had this discussion before, I believe... But here goes, most of it OT: figure skaters have rules to play by, namely the judging system. Disregarding those rules, even unintentionally, has consequences. Doing extra combinations is a mistake in that it is unplanned and offers no strategic benefits to a skater. On the other hand, occasionally watering down a program does make sense strategically, as it did for Joubert in 2007 but not in 2008 or 2009 (it wasn't that watered down, BTW: with a quad to start and all his combos after the halfway point, Brian still scored over 157, and over 240 overall). It's only a mistake if the tactics don't work; otherwise, it's neither here nor there - maybe a let down for some of those watching, but not a stupid mistake like a Zayak violation, which after five full years under CoP, nobody should be making.

I fail to see how the system left Dai far behind after the SP at 2007 Worlds. Dai chose to do a 3-3 rather than a 4-3 (bad tactics, since he can do quads) and then URd the 3T. You can't blame that on the system. I agree URs can be overly penalized because of the lower base value and low GOEs, but Takahashi's GOEs weren't that bad. He also didn't max his spin levels, while Joubert did. Dai dug himself too deep a hole and paid the price by missing out on 1st place. "Beautiful" is subjective, but technically Joubert did more in the SP and could afford to play it safe the next day (mind you, he was still recovering from an injury, so that year he and JCS probably made the right call).

I think, BTW, that both guys can be headcases, but then again, most of the guys aren't exactly models of consistency these days.

ETA: Seniorita, here's Alban's Bee SP. Plushy's arm movements would indicate a bigger threat, perhaps hornets? :biggrin:

Last edited: