Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 56 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Someone wil surely correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought I'd heard that at Russian Nationals while they use the COP there are bonus points up for grabs so that if you land a hard element you get a bonus point? I seem to think that guys landing a quad would get two extra points. Can any anyone confirm this?

So it could be that the same rules are in place for ll national competitions and could explain the high score?

Ant

I'm not sure, but at Russian forum people say that there wasn't any special bonuses, but Plushenko got huge GOE's for his elements (I heard that his jumps was perfect), his spins are much better now than it was in 2006, so...
And as I know score system changed, for example in 2006 4T+3T - 13.0 points, now 13.8; 3A - 7,5 in 2006 and 8,2 now. The same can be said about StSq level 4

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
thank you for info , i was really puzzled with 95 out of 100:confused: thing..:)Anyway this competition is a training test as coach said, and marks are sent to troposphere.

Mishin said no video but still :biggrin:...
http://www.1tv.ru/news/sport/151436
His jumps looks like :clap:, 4-3 :love: yey!

at least someone can be happy on this thread..:p

Koboldspike

Rinkside

Many thanks for posting the vid link!!! You are not the only one who is happy now:agree: The jumps look great. I adore those graceful arm movements (okay, maybe he overdid it in "Moonlight Sonata"; looked like a dancing windmill to me, lol:rofl:). Hope everything goes well today.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
Plushenko's total score is 259.14. He wasn't perfect today, fell on 4-3-3 (last jump, 3Lo, was UR) and had mistake on the landing of single 4T (touched the ice, maybe UR). Anyway, it was good for his first event after 3 years :clap:

antmanb

Record Breaker
thank you for info , i was really puzzled with 95 out of 100:confused: thing..:)Anyway this competition is a training test as coach said, and marks are sent to troposphere.

Oh my word! That 4/3 was fantastic....and here comes the shock i actually loved the arm movement on the landing!

The triple axel was landed a bit forward but was fine.

Looks like he's making a very credible run at the gold in vancouver. Hopefully this will give all the men a good kick up the butt to make them work their socks off for this season.

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
How did he fall in 4-3-3 but did the 3 loop and underrotate it???When did he fall then?In loop?
He tries 4-3-3 and second quad??It is a scary thought, no plushy no!

thank you lucky star for all info!!!!which music he used?tango?:cool:

and here comes the shock i actually loved the arm movement on the landing!
shock for who????:laugh: Certainly not for me!;)Ant you are a breath of fresh air but sometimes :)
Are you saying all this for the promised baklava????:unsure:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
How did he fall in 4-3-3 but did the 3 loop and underrotate it???When did he fall then?In loop?
He tries 4-3-3 and second quad??It is a scary thought, no plushy no!

thank you lucky star for all info!!!!which music he used?tango?

That's all I know, I read posts on russian forum from people who was there and watched it... I will tell if I know something new

Medusa

Record Breaker
I love Plushenko for really wanting to try to bring his a-game. Was about time someone stepped up. No more LPs with jump content that won medals in the eighties, no more stupid calculating by a certain Frenchman, no more programs with junior jump content with a note "Bbb... bu.. but - it has transitions!!" The King is back and if anybody else wants a Gold in Estonia, Canada and Italy, they better be in top-shape.

Lucky Star

Final Flight
And I can tell something new ;)
First of all yes, it was Tango :)
4T-3T-3Lo (fell on loop and UR) 4T (touched the ice) 2A (should've been 3A) 3Lo 3A 3Lz-3S(Sq) 3F-2T 2A
Good spins and StSq

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
thank you for all this info!!!:)

it was Tango :)
:scowl:
ah my day was not good from the beginning anyway:sheesh:
now Medusa this is bad for me, not Chopin:laugh:

But I know from now till february program can change a lot, so there is hope!

And BrAvo Plushy!:clap:

Ginask8s

On the Ice
I love Plushenko for really wanting to try to bring his a-game. Was about time someone stepped up. No more LPs with jump content that won medals in the eighties, no more stupid calculating by a certain Frenchman, no more programs with junior jump content with a note "Bbb... bu.. but - it has transitions!!" The King is back and if anybody else wants a Gold in Estonia, Canada and Italy, they better be in top-shape.

Very well put. Who else has even tried to put a quad in the short ? I can only think of Joubert. Transitions wont be enough if several of the top men bring the quad.

plushyta

On the Ice
... Mishin said no video but still :biggrin:...

I am VERY happy!
bp.gif

... download this video - parts of his new Short program:: :love:
http://www-download.1tv.ru/Video/2009_09/1009091207.flv
(translation)....

For the first time in 3 years Evgeni Plushenko took part in amateur competitions

The sample of ice on the way to the Canadian Vancouver. Olympic figure skating champion Evgeni Plushenko may return to the amateur sports. After a three-year hiatus, skater brilliantly perform at amateur competitions in St. Petersburg.

Plushenko received from the judges 95 points, out of a hundred, and became the leader of the competition. He said that was pleased with his skating. Support the athlete came to his loyal fans, as well as the young skaters. They requested that Evgeni left his autograph on their skates.

Plushenko retired from amateur skating after the Olympics 2006 in Turin, but more recently he actively trains, aiming to Olympics Games next year in Vancouver.

... pics from SP ;)
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5388/1127872334.jpg
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1077/477888038.jpg
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/1499/387908283.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/7843/2317930752.jpg

-------------------------------------

Eyewitness of his today's Long Program - she is actually, Yagudin's fan :p
http://myhaven.ipb.su/index.php?showtopic=44&st=1020
Natik:

... Now abou the most important thing: Evgeni, he was a GENIUS ...

First cascade: 4(excellent)- 3(began swamp)- 2 (down !)... then, a quadruple jump, pure and high ... Axel landed with touch of hand on ice, then like there was one unfinished (but, I'm not an expert). Steps very complex and interesting (I liked). It was not his favorite Billman's, and in general, spins were a little....

It's about technique.
Now feeling.....

Frankly, he is impressive on the ice! Energy splashes in all directions ... I am to him exactly indifferent, but here, this electricity which flow throughout the hall and I felt, even I though quite resisted to that. He know to skate, I have nothing more to add....

Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
Plushenko's total score is 259.14. He wasn't perfect today, fell on 4-3-3 (last jump, 3Lo, was UR) and had mistake on the landing of single 4T (touched the ice, maybe UR). Anyway, it was good for his first event after 3 years :clap:

That score would have made him World Champion this past season...by a huge margin.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Now i actually took notice:scratch:
How many 2axels he did? I count right, or is it Leffe talking?
and by 3Lz-3S it means 3Lz, 3S? :confused:Or a combo landed by an U.F.O?
Energy splashes in all directions
wow, i could never express it like that, this is poetry:bow:
:laugh:

antmanb

Record Breaker
shock for who????:laugh: Certainly not for me!;)Ant you are a breath of fresh air but sometimes :)
Are you saying all this for the promised baklava????:unsure:

No I promise I'm not being nice just for the baklava! I really did love the arm on the landing!

and by 3Lz-3S it means 3Lz, 3S? :confused:Or a combo landed by an U.F.O?

Seomwhere in this thread someone said it was 3Lz+3S+SEQ so i'm guessing that what he did was 3Lz-half-loop-3S sequence. As much as you lose points for doing a sequence he's Zayaked himself out of reptitions with the two quads and two triple axels. Personally I think it's insane to lose the 0.2 points on the lutz and salchow by doing them in sequence and having a double axel planned in the programme where he could substitue the double axel with the triple sal and but a double toe or loop on the 3Lz.

Ant

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ohh, does it say that it was the ghost of Fréderic? :think:

glaugh.gif
<--- that would be me all day now

thanx ximena for link and translation, it is loooong, will read it on my break!

but he did 2toe with flip, i think he wanted to do 3ax-3flip as sequence but just doubled the ax and changed his program after maybe?How can he do two quads and two 3 axls otherwise?

No I promise I'm not being nice just for the baklava! I really did love the arm on the landing!

you just earned yourself a square meter of baklava:)

antmanb

Record Breaker
but he did 2toe with flip, i think he wanted to do 3ax-3flip as sequence but just doubled the ax and changed his program after maybe?How can he do two quads and two 3 axls otherwise?

He wouldn't be able to repeat the flip if he's already done the two axels and two quad toes. I just don't know what his plan can be - was the second triple loop just done on the fly because if he had landed the first triple axel, then done a triple loop the second triple axel wouldn't have coutned because his two repeated jumps would have been the quad and the loop. I assume the loop is in there on the basis that the loop in the 4-3-3 may become a double?

Ant