Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

antmanb

Record Breaker
Well, I don't know if you can watch it out of Russia, but here's some video of Plushenko's practice
http://www.5-tv.ru/news/18297/

Well he certainly looks like he's getting back to previous form. Not sure that any of the quad attempts were fully rotated. Triple Axel/Triple Toe looking good - plenty of time to get that as clean as it used to be.

Very sorry to see the crazy haired man who looks like a tramp advising him on choreo from the sidelines though. Looks like i'll still run screaming away from the choreography... new head grabbing...oh dear!

Ant

jennylovskt

Medalist
Thanks for the video, Lucky Star!

What a sweet dream if Plushenko comes back and Joubert goes to Tarasova? I wish both of them and all skaters to stay healthy!

oxade21

Match Penalty
Well, he is definitely getting ready at least in bad-mouthing Joubert. That comment was catty :)

I must assume that you are using the royal "we", Joe, because I have *never* accepted the Plyushchenko school of footwork. On the contrary, in years past, I have posted (elsewhere) strong criticism of the sloppiness I saw in it. Finally, he cleaned it up a lot, thank goodness, but a little late in the day for me.

Plyushchenko's specialty is jumping, with a graceful outflow.
Extraneous stuff during footwork does not interest me; it is the *feet* in footwork that matter to me. The new rules seem to award a lot of armwork during the footwork lol. That is like rewarding standing still during the jumping passes. I am not interested in seeing if someone can pat their head while rubbing their tummy simultaneously, or the figure skating movements that are comparable to that. I want to see neat, graceful, clean, elegant bladework on the ice, done with a swiftness that the skater is truly capable of executing, not sloppy bobbling and cover-ups.
How nice to read someone who appreciates dance in single figure skating, Dodiyel. However, not easy with those stiff blades. Few skaters can get that fleet feet you speak about, and I agree must rely on 'don't look at the feet; look at the arms' I agree Yagudin was one who could move his feet, but one has to acknowledge Kulic, Browning, and now, Brezina!.

As Norma Desmond would say, "We didn't need sound, we had our eyes." so too, great skaters can say 'we don't need flailing arms, we have our feet'.

Nothing wrong with Plush coming back. I doubt anything I see will change my opinion of his skating, and I will not be overwhelmed if he wins. He's just not star quality for me.

nubka

Final Flight
Thanks for the video, Lucky Star!

What a sweet dream if Plushenko comes back and Joubert goes to Tarasova? I wish both of them and all skaters to stay healthy!

ITA!! My two favorite skaters :rock: - but who will I root for? What a decision! :bow::bow::bow:

Lucky Star

Final Flight
ITA!! My two favorite skaters :rock: - but who will I root for? What a decision! :bow::bow::bow:

:thumbsup: My favorite skaters too! It's hard to choose, but for me it's clear. I'm Russian :)

In the interview Evgeni said that he've been working for 2 months, he knows that next season everyone will look at his jumps if it will be fully rotated or not, at his spins, arms, etc. and he's ready for it. He also said something about Joubert. He said that he was in shock when Brian had a mistake and didn't do 4-3 but still was at 1 place after SP

Actually the line is "We didn't need dialogue. We had faces."
Thanks for the correction. My elderly mind has its problems. But the point remains, there is a tendency to appreciate more the boasting rather than the substance. After all it is about skate-to-ice firstly and anything else is just an added attraction.

oxade21

Match Penalty
What did he say?

Ant

He said that he was even more confident in his success in Vancouver after he saw Joubert's scores at this Worlds. He couldn't believe the scores Joubert got with that crap skate:)
Also he sounded like others do not even exist.

bekalc

Record Breaker
He said that he was even more confident in his success in Vancouver after he saw Joubert's scores at this Worlds. He couldn't believe the scores Joubert got with that crap skate
Also he sounded like others do not even exist.

The others don't for Plushenko. Joubert's the only one capable of beating Plushy at 2006 level. BUT, I think Plushenko fails to perhaps see that the judges aren't going to be so forigiving with him, or so willing to have him jump in and take Gold.

There was a feeling in 2006 that he deserved it, I doubt that feeling exists today.

seniorita

Record Breaker
He couldn't believe the scores Joubert got with that crap skate

is this free translation or what?cause i read the interview and nowhere he says something like that.:cool:He speaks about joub failing his combo and still be first but this had to do with the fact that none was better than this.

maybe the general feeling is that joumbert deserves this time the OG but honestly for me joumbert since last olympics had only one great season with good skating.

Very sorry to see the crazy haired man who looks like a tramp advising him on choreo from the sidelines though. Looks like i'll still run screaming away from the choreography... new head grabbing...oh dear!

and i thought i had put you on the virtue path..thats what happens when i m away!:biggrin:

i imagine the hype next year about the reigning OC defending his title,every olympics need its drama i guess (a la phelps) the only one who could be annoyed by plushenko coming back is dick button:p

oxade21

Match Penalty
is this free translation or what?cause i read the interview and nowhere he says something like that.:cool:He speaks about joub failing his combo and still be first but this had to do with the fact that none was better than this.

Stop it, I am trying to flame the next big rivalry:)
However it is is not the words, it is how he says it. ;)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
The others don't for Plushenko. Joubert's the only one capable of beating Plushy at 2006 level.

Takahashi. If people keep counting him out I will scream. He holds the record for the highest competition score, not Joubert.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Takahashi. If people keep counting him out I will scream. He holds the record for the highest competition score, not Joubert.

Well of course but who knows what shape Takahashi will be in. And well Takahashi is a bit of a head case.