Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

antmanb

Record Breaker
give me some minutes, I will call the army.
maybe not..for now :p have you tried to put your leg up there?

:rofl: I actually have tried...and failed... though I was impressed with an attempted catch foot spiral position I managed off ice in a class in April. It wasn't impressive in an elite figure skater way but impressed with what i managed having never tried before that day :laugh:

Even in many ladies it doesnt look pretty, anyway i cant say much about bielman cause i didnt like it, i really used to admire his effort though to stay so flexible, in his teens he did a very decent one with both legs and the head in right position.

I have to say that i'm not a big fan of the Bielmann spin except when it is done spectacularly well, and i can't recall, even in his younger years, Plushy managing one i'd call spectacular.

Technically I think the first is just a catch foot spiral rather than a Bielmann spiral - similarly the second he is only on the blade with one hand, the other is supporting "catching" arm. :p

and I loved his donut almost all his years, you have anything to say about his camel to donut spin? cause you may need the armur then.:unsure:

I'd have to look at videos of him in his youth to remember how he did used to perofrm it but i remember in later years when he did it he'd slow down far too much and struggle to catch his foot. *ducks and runs*

Ant
sorry seniorita...i told you i'd need that kevlar armour when serious discussions started...please still be my friend!

seniorita

Record Breaker
sorry seniorita...i told you i'd need that kevlar armour when serious discussions started...please still be my friend!

when did we say you leave on vacations again?:unsure:
;)

]I have to say that i'm not a big fan of the Bielmann spin except when it is done spectacularly well
I agree. But the whole fuss about plush is that he was a man getting his foot to his ear, have you seen lots of men doing it spectacularly or not?Do you like Ten's by the way?
Technically I think the first is just a catch foot spiral rather than a Bielmann spiral
I didnt want to give credit to plushy for what he does, if it is catch foot or catch the cat , or whatvever, but I wanted to tell you that this thing i find it pleasing for my eye. Do you find it as annoying for your eye (both eyes, blue and green) as the bielman spin photo?
I'd have to look at videos of him in his youth to remember how he did used to perofrm it
This is 2005-2006. Up until the super groin injury of 2005 it was great (honestly now without any bias) , he was fast and round with a hole in the middle, really like a donut, (or like the Torino Medals:p)

Last edited:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I agree. But the whole fuss about plush is that he was a man getting his foot to his ear, have you seen lots of men doing it spectacularly or not?Do you like Ten's by the way?
I don't like the Biellmann enough to remember who has a good one, who has an ugly one and who has a mediocre one - just who has one in general ;). The only male skaters I can recall doing Biellmann spins are Plush, Denis Ten, and Yuzuru Hanyu, the Japanese junior national champion. Hanyu does an Ina Bauer, too, and he's adorable - much cuter than Plushy :p. I think Ten and Hanyu could end up being very successful in years to come, if growth spurts and injuries don't become an issue.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Evan and Plushy together? Will this be an arm flapping clinic? :p
:laugh::laugh: from the best in business!

lets not butcher another thread.;)

well it was just an athlete prize, not sexsymbol prize!:p

thanx to italian forum and rainsland, parts of translation of italian article, nothing new just funny
The return of Plushenko
The sex symbol of figure skating ( i didnt write the article ANT!)
Evgeni Plushenko, Baryshnikov of figure skating, had decide to come back to the competitions after three years off ice, to win, for the second time, the Olympic Games, like he already did, at Turin 2006, when he delighted the whole World dancing the “Godfather”. “I am training for the competitions during the next Olympic Games”, he said in Italy (“Italy is my second home country, I do love everything from you”), at Valdichiana, where he received the award "Fair Play Mecenate" in very suggestive scenography.
At the central square of this little Middle Ages’s city, he came down the stairs covered by artificial snow – and we are in middle of the summer time - for being awarded at the very original way, never seen before.
He was in the middle of the legends like Toni Sailer, Franco Nones, Gustavo Thoeni, Bernhard Russi, Marc Girardelli, Armin Zoeggeler.
After the show of the Queen of the figure skating, Katarina Witt, matronly but always beautiful, Plushenko seems so little and so shy in the front of her, even if he won Olympic medal and three world champion titles.
“I am not a clown”, he said at Cortona, when he was invited to improvise, without skate boots, a few of his famous steps.
“I am not a clown, instead of it it’s better to come to see me at Vancouver!”
-When do you get married?
-Septembre the 12th!You are all invited!But bring me presents!!!
LOL!

Yuzuru Hanyu
I watched a video B, he is amazing little skater!

Kevin van der Perren is the TOP. He's the Tower of Pisa. He's THE Lawrence of Arabia. :yes:

(unfortunately, he is sooo underscored.)

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
A thread with 61 pages can't be all bad. In any event, Evgeni will have a tough time making a come-back with only one Grand Prix event. He won't have time to reestablish himself in front of the ISU judges. He could do what Alissa Czisney did, he could do so well in Russia that he is granted a second event.

A thread with 61 pages can't be all bad. In any event, Evgeni will have a tough time making a come-back with only one Grand Prix event. He won't have time to reestablish himself in front of the ISU judges. He could do what Alissa Czisney did, he could do so well in Russia that he is granted a second event.
There are two TBAs. One in Skate Canada, the other at NHK. I'm not sure of the Rule. Can host countries refuse to give Plush entry to their hosting event? it could very well upset the strategies of Japan and Canada for their own skaters.
One has to think every point counts to get into Finals.

On the other hand, can the ISU just order Plush into one of them?
hmmm.

What about the TBA in Russia? Can he place 1st and 2nd? and automatically get to Finals? ;) I doubt it. And I don't think Plush is interested in the Finals. Like Cohen, this is just a test of ability and nerves.

seniorita

Record Breaker
A thread with 61 pages can't be all bad
Not at all bad :unsure:
I will send you all 61 (going to 62) printed as a gift to read! :p

Can he place 1st and 2nd?
i would say also and 3rd maybe to have a russian and a plushenko sweep on the same event and podium :laugh:
plushy doesn't care for final, he didn't even care for final in 2006, but IF there would be another grand prix he would go i would bet NHK and not S Canada.

Last edited:

jennylovskt

Medalist
He won't have time to reestablish himself in front of the ISU judges.

If Sasha Cohen and S/Z can have two GP asignments, why can't Plushenko have two? I assume that Plushenko himself doesn't want two. On the other hand, does he really need to establish or reestablish himself in front of the ISU judges? Isn't the best of the night wins?;)

If Sasha Cohen and S/Z can have two GP asignments, why can't Plushenko have two? I assume that Plushenko himself doesn't want two. On the other hand, does he really need to establish or reestablish himself in front of the ISU judges? Isn't the best of the night wins?;)
skaters strategize, and this is Plushenko's strategy. HE wants to test the judges (not the judges test him) and test himself and his quads in a competitive routine which he has not done for some time.

Sasha, on the other hand, has unnecessary strategy, imo for her comeback. Doing Teb, she is up against, arguably the best in America; and the two World top female skaters and throw in a remade Kostner, she could be off the podium.

SA would have been enough for the self test. If things do not go in her favor, will she skate Nats?

Did you just give Caroline a skating compliment? Or did you only mean to imply she might be a better acrobat than Sasha? ;)
I don't think knowing how to compete was ever an issue for Plushenko but it is the story of Sasha's career. She said she wanted a couple of competitions before Natls. Russia has a different system for making their Olympic team.
And why would Sasha quit due to a bad performance at a regional event like a GP? Her whole point in skating at them is to PREPARE for NATLS. The GP events are for fans. Natls and Olympics are what skaters care about winning.
But as you said, different skaters have different strategies.
Janetfan - You seem to enjoy rewriting others comments. I never used the descriptive adjective, acrobatic, and I never said Plushenko did not know how to compete. The discussion of the topic and what I was discussing was about Testing the return to competitive skating of two skaters who have not skated competitively for some time.

And why did you not think of the reason sasha wanted a couple of competitions before Nationals? Was it just for fun, or was she testing the waters in her quest to get to the Nationals? You, yourself have never competed, I believe. No? If you had you would understand that competitors wish to win whatever competition they are in. Try to understand that, and they skate in shows for the fans. Competitors, if you were one, would know about strategy and I simply see this TEB as a strategy in testing ones capabilities with international judges for the Olys. While Nats are prerequisites for getting to the Olys, the judges are not international, but just American judges. She has SA and with a good possiblity of gold; but with TEB she is testing the Olys before she's there, imo. Is that good strategy at such an early date in the season to just get one's feet wet?

I see no reason for Plush to skate Russian Nats, he'll test more in Euros, I think, or just go off to Vancouver. He'll be fine.

BTW - Since you think so lowly of the GPs, I would not want to read anything you write about those competitions where skaters are trying their best, because you wouldn't care anyway.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Boys are always boys...:rolleye:
So much debate and Plushy has not stepped his holy foot on ice yet!:cool:
Only Sasha and Jiu Jitsu was missing from this thread:laugh: Call martial arts and Stoijko will arrive anytime soon:p

THis a very serious thread, we speak only seriously here s'il vous plaît .Merci:)

Edit: i just saw your post is post 911 :laugh:did I arrive on time?

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
That is not bad :laugh: but I would rather be thrown across the ice by Tanith :yes:
while you are taking your lesson with Evan :p But will Plushy be jealous of Evan? Boys will be boys :biggrin:

Plushy will be too occupied training Ant to learn the Bielmann spin:biggrin:, so he wont pay attention to me.
Maybe Evan will be jealous you d touch Tanith?Watch out!

From the other topic
E.g. Joubert is probably one of the heaviest skaters out there, 74kg at 179cm I think (179cm? Are you sure, Babou? Maybe someone still had his skates on...) -

Medusa Plushenko is 1.78 , and Joubert is taller than him so he must be 1.79 no?

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Plushy is rather tall in reality ( i measured him :biggrin:) , more than it seems from tv, but i thought jouby was the tallest skater, how tall is evan?