Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

seniorita

Record Breaker
http://sport.rian.ru/sport/20090908/184180766.html

Tommorow is Cup of St Peters where Plushy will skate his new program, Mishin asked journalists and photographers not to film Plushy's program, because of the attention he gets from media.
This is a local competition and the serious comeback will be 19 -20 September and then in Perm, 6-10 October, Cup of Russia.

seniorita

Record Breaker
No Samara, but he will compete on the second stage of this cup , Perm 6-10 October.
Samara was also same days as another competition (or test?), Pisiev prefers that he goes there : "Katok.Ru on Rublevke and Odintsovo, 19-20 Sept., I have no idea what it is that.

Because you were on holiday and no one could find you!!!

lol i had missed the first part!
it is your fault:unsure:, I would have come back much earlier but you had promised me bubblegum and I m still waiting for it..:p

plushyta

On the Ice
You do know i'm not actually a Pluch fan don't you?!

Ant

seeing as how I don't know of a skater with the nickname "PluCh" I guess I know that you are not a fan of "PluCh" ;)
No, he is PluShy's fan! :p .... just he for now, even himself does not know :biggrin:

I m fine with Jouby vids around but I can't swear for Plushyta' s reaction:laugh:
nunu.gif

Joubs looks good by the way, you think i ll become a fan once I see him live???:eek:
:unsure: :banging:

... same days as another competition (or test?), Pisiev prefers that he goes there : "Katok.Ru on Rublevke and Odintsovo, 19-20 Sept., I have no idea what it is that....
It is a kind of open "Test Skating", where members of the National Team of Russia show their new programs, in front of the audience ;)
http://www.katok.ru/
http://www.odinled.ru/
... but there I do not see any announcement of this "shows" :scratch:

seniorita

Record Breaker
no beep:p today was his sp skate, 4-3, 3ax, 3lutz, very good spins, not so good footwork, according to this http://www.gazeta.ru/news/sport/2009/09/09/n_1401840.shtml he scored 95.05.:eek:**

his marriage is on 12-9:)

***i dont understand exactly if they have same scale as ISU because the article says 95.05 out of 100 (?) Somewhere else says 93+..anyway this is local competition so...
Music was not chopin , it was probably Concierto de Aranjuez

Last edited:

beep_beep

Medalist
^^ Ok, thanks for the clarification. I don't know why I had this date on my head (my head is a messy place...)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Joubs looks good by the way, you think i ll become a fan once I see him live???:eek:
You'd better! :biggrin: Joubert recently said he hopes to continue past Vancouver, but only major events. Eventually he wants to go the usual gala-coaching-running an ice rink route. Which makes sense for him, I think.

today was his sp skate, 4-3, 3ax, 3lutz, very good spins, not so good footwork

***i dont understand exactly if they have same scale as ISU because the article says 95.05 out of 100 (?) Somewhere else says 93+..anyway this is local competition so...
And here I thought it was the Russian equivalent of 4CC scoring :laugh:.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
why i d better:sheesh:???You have denied Plushy multiple times:boohoo:, but me, I m willing to change my mind in TEB though..;)
That's a valid point. But remember, after Vancouver Plushy will likely stay retired :unsure:, so why not go with Brian?

Medusa

Record Breaker
so why not go with Brian?
There are so many reasons to go with Brian...

• he looks less like a windmill-on-ice
  • he speaks French! Nothing against Russian, but that's one difficult language, French is so easy!
  • he is very handsome
  • he is charming
  • his nose is slightly smaller than Plushenko's
  • he is not engaged / married / divorced / a weekend-dad (as far as we know)
  • his Quad is more beautiful
  • his spins are better (not that that's a big achievement)
  • his costumes are voidier
  • his exhibition programs are slightly less embarrassing
  • on rare occasions he manages to convey emotions through his skating (the Hallelujah exhibition e.g.)
  • he has better hair

Ximena

Final Flight
http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/346505
First part is what we know by now only that it does confirm that it was Concierto d'Aranjuez and it will be done by Marton

Then there's a little interview to Plushenko and Mishin

Eugene managed to talk to us when he was drinking coffee with Yana Rudkovskaya in a small cafe at the service entrance of the Academy. - Even though it has a couple of rough edges that has to be cleaned out, I would be ashamed to show up with that program at the Olympics, even with those same elements. - said Plushenko.

- Was the «4 +3» planned?
- If at the test skate in Novogorsk we tried a quad and a 4-2, this time God ordered for a 4-3. Especially because yesterday and today there were good trainings. I was only worried that I was not going to be able to skate at full strength because I got a cold before this competition, but Yana treated me... ("and he was cured" Yana says).

- Will you do one quad or two tomorrow?
- I'll see, I will make adjustments as I skate and I'll see after the first quadruple, how my muscles are doing and my breathing. the important thing is to do it quietly and to not fall into euphoria.

Аlexei Mishin, Evgeni Plushenko's coach:

- Did Zhenya showed the maximum of what he is now capable of?

- I'm afraid to jinx it, but it seems Evgeni has not lost his fighting spirit. And he coped well on his first day. What he has shows on his short program is what he can actually do now.

- What can we expect from Zhenya tomorrow?- You know, I expect nothing. My task was to get Zhenya through this competition. Then the one that will be held in Perm. With that over us, next....We need to train, and not to expect.

seniorita

Record Breaker
LOL Medusa:rofl:
Well it could be the other way:p

• His flailing is his trademark and he is very much aware of it, and I dont think he has to be same category as Evan's arms:unsure:
  • I speak french, this is opportunity to speak russian as well:biggrin:
  • I think he is cute:)
  • Charms the audience as well:yes:
  • Nose is not an issue for his skating (and keeps the balance)
  • Marriage / Divorce / babies neither
  • Yes but his axel is not;)
  • His footwork is better:rock:
  • Go for Brian's costumes?Really?:eek:At least Plush costumes later in his career were classy
  • Have you seen all his exhibitions or is it Sex Bomb issue again?:rolleye:
  • I think he causes a range of emotions, brian does nothing to me
  • About hair..I think I run out of arguments :eek:
That's a valid point. But remember, after Vancouver Plushy will likely stay retired :unsure:, so why not go with Brian?
After Vancouver and If Lambiel retires as well , I have said I certainly go for Kozuka unless someone else emerges, or I ll root for Ant:biggrin:

Even though it has a couple of rough edges that has to be cleaned out, I would be ashamed to show up with that program at the Olympics, even with those same elements. - said Plushenko.

i m lost in translation here, it doesnt make sense...even though he needs to polish it, he would be ashamed of it?:scratch:

And why did he change the music of sp..???!!!

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
Oh I love this discussion on Joubert - Plushenko, who of the two is better :love:

I've seen Joubert off the ice on more than one occasion, and I must say he is quite coquinet.

Besides, he speaks French, which I don't understand for the most part. I L.O.V.E.D the way he said du tortue in a recent video of him at home!

I've never met Zhenya, but I read (and listen to) his interviews from time to time. And in this case, unfortunately, I comprehend very well what's being said, how he says it, what words and grammar he uses, and, frankly, I'm not charmed. But that's prob because I'm a boring person with unrealistically high expectations.

But for the rest I don't see much difference between the two. Except for the fact that Zhenya is an Olys champ, and Brian isn't (yet?).

Medusa

Record Breaker
And why did he change the music of sp..???!!!
Because the ghost of lil' Fréderic Chopin hunted him down, threatened to haunt Plushenko for all eternity if he didn't abandon the short program.

It was really bad, Plushenko simply doesn't have the musicality or the subtlety to interpret Chopin.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Besides, he speaks French, which I don't understand for the most part. I L.O.V.E.D the way he said du tortue in a recent video of him at home!

OT: Some experts say that French is the most beautiful language in the world. I think that is true. I don't understand French at all but I love to listen to it, even the lengthy talkings ( silly me;)). It's like you don't have to know Italian to appreciate Italian opera.:biggrin:

antmanb

Record Breaker
Music was not chopin , it was probably Concierto de Aranjuez

You'd better! :biggrin: Joubert recently said he hopes to continue past Vancouver, but only major events. Eventually he wants to go the usual gala-coaching-running an ice rink route. Which makes sense for him, I think.

Someone wil surely correct me if i'm wrong, but I thought I'd heard that at Russian Nationals while they use the COP there are bonus points up for grabs so that if you land a hard element you get a bonus point? I seem to think that guys landing a quad would get two extra points. Can any anyone confirm this?

So it could be that the same rules are in place for ll national competitions and could explain the high score?

Ant