Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 128 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

seniorita

Record Breaker
You are too funny sometimes seniorita!
Sometimes? :unsure:
what was funny in that by the way, I was dead serious.:sheesh:

Hey maybe plush will go to worlds and chance a 3A/4T combination?!
if he want me to kick his azz:mad: and yours also for suggesting it.

stevlin

On the Ice
Maybe Plushenko wants to destroy his knees. He said that he gets weekly injections in them. Can't feel too good. Oh well he wants to take that risk, go ahead mullet man.

seniorita

Record Breaker
yeah lets lock it, people are not getting enough in Oly threads and have come here as well...

In a happy note I like Plushy when he smiles and I want this blue jacket for me pleaasssseee!

Nadine

Record Breaker
I watched The King's interview again & again & again to make sure I heard him correctly. And he definitely says he will go to Worlds in Torino, which can be heard at 0:59 seconds into the interview (click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t1JNk1-OMM)

When the interviewer asks him about whether he will go to Sochi 2014 at 0:37 seconds into the interview, EP says at 0:42 seconds into the interview -- 4 years is a long time, and first I need to finish this season -- lol, then he says how he likes Torino because of the 2006 Olympic Games there. :)

Then EP continues at 0:56 seconds into the interview -- so first I need to finish the season, skate there, then I have big tour in Europe & Russia & Japan & Korea, and I'm gonna skate there, and I have to decide (talking about Sochi) because I already make two surgeries, my knee & ankle/ankle problem, and after this I need to see my shape. And of course if I won or not, we'll see, but of course it's great to be in Russia, in Sochi, to skate there, because Russians is everything, and finally we have Winter Olympic Games. It's really important for us, and Sochi is beautiful city, by the sea, and 30/40 minutes away you have mountains, it's great. And of course we're going to do everything, because Prime Minister/President gonna do everything, and they're going to make it a beautiful Olympic Games.

Of course that's my dream, to continue, and compete, but of course I would like to continue & compete if judging system would change.

And the The King goes on to thank his fans, etc. :)

Off topic a bit, but I've been studying about the Black Sea, which I first became intrigued with many many many years ago when Oksana Baiul mentioned it, how beautiful it is, etc. I recall Oksana saying how she loved the tropical like climate of the Black Sea, blini, and caviar, as the Black Sea is also situated in the Ukraine. The pictures I've seen of it take my breath away! I've always been a lover of the sea, but I think it calls to me because the human body is made up of 98% water, thus my attraction.

So many wonderful things to look forward to at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games ~ beauty, art, culture, history.

ps: I looooove The King's blue Sochi jacket, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Definitely need to get one of those.

EDITED TO ADD: lol, an acquaintance of mine went to the Russia-Czech hockey game on Sunday & said The King was sitting a few rows behind him. So he took a pic of his wife & EP sitting together chatting, only problem is it wasn't EP, ROTFLMAO! :laugh:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Yags interview
For Plushenko:
"Although what he received was the silver medal, I believe there is no one in this sport today who can match him."

Well he says many things about his life, but most are known facts, I put it mostly here cause it has some hot pics for Dee. ;)

Nadine

Record Breaker
Thanks, seniorita, for the translation. Good to hear Yagudin give Plushenko credit. I remember he was in the stands when The King competed at Rostelecom Cup this past October 2009, and he said he will be hard to beat. :)

Just now I came across this article, dated February 24th, 2010, on the Entertainment Weekly gossip site (click here: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/24/evan-lysacek-dancing-with-the-stars/), wherein Evan Lysacek alludes to The King as such:

On his IMDB acting credit, “Vladimir Plushenko” in a film titled Great Skate!: “I appeared in a short film, and played a washed-up, alcoholic, chain-smoking Russian skater turned coach. It was a very fun role, and I had no shortage of my own Russian…’experiences’ to bring to the table.”

Sounds like the old *stereotype* against the Russian people. Prejudice rears its ugly head sooner or later, no matter how well hidden or couched in niceties...

Last edited:

Nadine

Record Breaker
Hmm, this AM I read something intriguing in regards to the machinations behind the scenes in regards to the outcome of the Mens event at the 2010 Olympics. From a skating insider no less. Good food for thought. In all honesty though he just validated what I already knew in my head. So it was no great epiphany. Only the ignorant & naive believe that politics do not play a part in figure skating outcomes, it has since the beginning, and still does today. One must learn to play the game, or one loses. This time the North Americans won. Congrats to Frank Carroll and his team of Scott Hamilton, Joe Inman, Christine Brennan, and I dare say Phillip Hersh amongst others (I remember when the latter two got together after one of the early GPs & were betting on who would win the Olympics; thus far they have been correct in every phase of the competition).:clap: North America is catching up and looks to overtake the Russian & Europoean Federations. They scored big time with the COP coup. Now I await to see if the other federations have any muscle/pull to challenge them.

Link to said article: http://auntjoyceicecreamstand.blogspot.com/2010/02/art-of-international-politics.html

antmanb

Record Breaker
what has he got to lose? I say go for it.

His knees?

Half seriously, but i agree with you - what has he got to lose and it would get him ni the history books again even if not landed - the quad attmept as the second half of combination.

Ant

Nadine

Record Breaker
I think that's a good idea, but unnecessary, as the King already has his name in the history books.

You know he reminds me of Mao Asada in that way, she already made history when she successfully completed two 3Axels in the GPF a year or so ago, yet she continues to do it even though she doesn't have to. Same for Evgeni. I personally find it fascinating.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Hmmm..

Visually, the clip alternated between close-up shots of Plushenko and eerie, sepia-tinged footage of Saint Petersburg landmarks, including the iconic Church on Spilled Blood reflected in a turbulent canal. The metaphor of stormy waters was difficult to miss and images of Lenin and Stalinist architecture were thrown in as if for good measure, making this viewer wonder, What decade is it?
well..I find surprising that 4 years before they have made a drama video of the boy wandering in St Peters street wanting to fullfil his dream and win Olympic Gold for his parents. It seems in between many things have changed. But then back in Torino they didnt have a gold contender that Plush was threatening somehow..Both videos fall in soap opera category for me. But if you concider the quadchenko, artistry vs quad, platinum medal and all the crap I ve seen in all broadcats, the villain is the most funny.

Plushenko 's problem

this i agree with most of it. Most...
About good taste won, I m not sure. Its all about taste at the end.
But I agree about what he says for Plushenko choice's , although St Peters 300, I liked this program. Back some months I had told someone here that I dont like his programs choices, but well, not in public, i had a crown to defend :p

His knees?

Half seriously, but i agree with you - what has he got to lose and it would get him ni the history books again even if not landed - the quad attmept as the second half of combination.

Ant

I think I didnt threaten you enough..:boohoo:

Nadine

Record Breaker
:love:THANK YOU, YANA RUDKOVSKAYA, FOR BEING THE IMPETUS BEHIND THE KING'S RETURN TO THE ICE!!!!!!!:love:

Lol, yes, I've been doing some research on The King's beautiful wife, Yana, and all she did to encourage The King to return to the ice this past year. I can't thank her enough ~ Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, Yana! ~ because without her we would have never had the pleasure of Mr. Plushenko's magnificent return to the ice this past year, and all the joy & pleasure & thrills he has given us. It makes me feel truly humble.

I can't imagine what Yana must have had to endure this past year while her husband was focused & set on his return to the Olympic ice. Not many wives would have been as encouraging & selfless & devoted as Yana has been. My only hope is that she continues to encourage him to return to the ice in Sochi in 2014 ~ their mutual gorgeous homeland ~ the site of the first Olympic Winter Games to be held in Russia.

In honor of Mrs. Plushenko, whom I think looks like one of America's most stunning actresses from the 1960's ~ Carroll Baker (click here: http://www.biocrawler.com/w/images/1/17/CarrollBaker.jpg) ~ I give you Yana & The King together:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/rids/20100217/i/r265904485.jpg

http://www.stav.kp.ru/upimg/logo/155739.jpg

:bow:***Always By His Side, Always Supporting Him!****:bow:

Mafke

Medalist
nb, I've never been a Plushenko fan, but I do mean the following in a positive way.

1. His comeback was amazing, actually I'm more impressed that he got back real sitspins than the quad, but that's me. he should be proud that he could manage to medal at three consecutive olympics - given the current state of things that's far more impressive than many earlier achievements that involve more wins.

2. I think the kwantifiable link has part of the problem (though that's more a symptom than the problem). The real problem was I don't think he had anyone who could tell him he wasnt making the best, or even very good, choices. I don't think even Mishin was able/willing to. Part of the role of coach (IMO) is to bring you back down to earth when you start to think you can do no wrong. If the coach won't or can't, you're setting yourself up for the judges to do so.

3. CoP is a demanding mistress and you can't turn your back on her for a minute. I think the whole Plushenko team was preparing more for 2006 or 2007 worlds instead of 2010 olympics. Winning under CoP requires keeping up with your math homework and his team fell behind, Lyacek's team kept up with theirs. Like CoP or hate it (I do more of the latter) to win you have to skate for the system as it is at any particular time and not what you wish it is or think it should be.

4. As for the other link. Yeah, there has been, is and will be politics in skating but something tells me Mishin and Plusehnko both play that game with gusto (in other words they're not helpless lambs surrounded by wolves but part of the wolf pack fighting for their share of the prey). That's not a dig, I assume every medalist has people playing politics for them. It's not enough to win, but it's necessary if you want to stay in the mix.

5. If Plushenko goes to worlds (I for one hope he does) he needs to apply what he's learned. If he's serious about competing at Sochi (as opposed to lighting the torch - I think he'd be a great choice for that honor) he needs to have people keeping up with CoP and figuring out how to maximize his strengths with regards to it however it happens to be at that time.

seniorita

Record Breaker
what is kwantifiable link??:confused:

Plushenko recently had a test fan etc and he hardly remembered the precise value of quad. Maybe he was joking. This plus the fact that he said numerous time I completely trust Mishin and my team, made me bang my head against the wall last week (the head still hurts:unsure:). I dont know if Mishin cant change his mind, he changed his mind for the Chopin Sp, and at this point Chopin was much better choice.
I know how much he is attached to his team since 15 and I like it, but the choreographer is beyond me why he stayed the same this time. He can help but they needed someone cop expert for his comeback for the choreo. What happened to Melisha and Dennis I ll never know..
I still have my doubts he will go to the Worlds. He has a tone of shows with Stephane and Co.

I laughed with CoP= Mistress . It seems Plush sort of turned his back cause he is married?:laugh:

I m starting to love his silver medal by now (after a tone of salt) and it is fast becoming my fav:) for sentimental reasons because of the 1. of your post! I cant thank him enough for the effort of coming back. For me it is inspiring. He said the last few days in those infamous videos "without my fans I m nothing"!:cool:

Nadine

Record Breaker
I was doing some research on Sochi here ~ http://sochi2014.com/en/ ~ and got so po'ed at myself because I saw that beautiful "Russian House", which I kept passing by in downtown Vancouver because I got lost looking for the Pacific Coliseum. Lol, at one point I thought that was it because it reminded me of an ice cube. :laugh:

Anyhow, to find out it was thee "Russian House", and we missed touring it upsets me. *sad, very sad* It actually looks like an Imperial Faberge Egg, all golden & lovely. :) And to see all those gorgeous pics of The King identified as Figure Skating Hero Becomes Face of Russia's First Winter Games is simply fantastic! What an honor!:thumbsup:

Oh yeah, before I forget, I found this interesting article about how the IOC is having a hard time finding a network that will cover the 2014 & 2016 Olympic Games respectively: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/25/olympics-finds-few-takers-2014-2016-games/

Nadine

Record Breaker
I was just thinking how great it would be if Russia still had an imperial family, like Japan still does, and of course Britian, and some of the smaller principalities. It would make the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games that much more special IMHO, solely in terms of opulence & splendor. As with Shizuka Arakawa's 1998 Winter Olympic FS, wherein the Emperor & Empress of Japan attended to see her perform, I could imagine a similar scenario at the figure skating event in 2014, in particular as regards The King, lol. *smile*

Yes, I have a romantic view of Russia, always have, most likely inspired by movies, Disney, books, et al (lol, kinda like they have of America). I'm sure the reality will be something much much different, especially since the Fall of the Soviet Union in 1991. Everything went down after that, especially their notable sports regime in gymnastics. Hopefully one day they will be the power in the world they used to be.

Here's hoping a great Worlds for The King, and a thread in his honor every year hence, though I think it unrealistic unless he actually competes, which I honestly don't see happening until at least a year before the next Olympics in Sochi, Russia!

Until then, Au Revoir, Zhenya, au revoir. :)

:love:THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES, KING, GOOOOOOOO EP!!!!!!!!:love:

seniorita

Record Breaker
what movie inspired you? they normally had very WW1/WW2/coldwar stereotypes
Well in Plush case maybe Peter Pan, The princess and the frog or Pinocio?;)

weeeeeee, i cant sleep, i m with my roommate and we watch the rebroadcast of the gala online, if watching skating is supposed to make you happy, I m in paradise:)

No gold medal in the world could make me more happy than the gala of Evgeni there! Yeap, Still the King!

ah, je suis malade :eek:

And since Plush is réservé... Stephane please marry me.:love:

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Wow I m jumping up and down!
Plushy show KOI took not only Stephan but also Johnny and Dennis Ten in his cast, I hope Johnny stays for all the eurotour!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

full cast skaters and acrobats I think
Evgeni Plushenko, Stephane Lambiel, Johnny Weir, Dennis Ten, Jason GRAETZ, Fleur Maxwell, Alena Leonova, Ksenia Makarova, Elizabeth Tuktamysheva, Adelina Sotnikova, Yuko Kawaguchi - Alexander Smirnov, Maria Mukhortova - Maxim Trankov, Tatiana Volosozhar - Stanislav Morozov, Meryl Davis - Charlie White, Sergei Yakimenko, Elena and Alexander Chesney, Fiona Zaldua - Dmitry Sukhanov, Alexei Polishchuk - Bert Kordin, Violetta Afanasyev and Peter Duck.