Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010! | Page 77 | Golden Skate

Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

gracefulswan

On the Ice
i totally believe that he would be daring enough to attempt either a 3/4 or 4/4 at russian nationals.

why?

1) he'd be making a huge statement with those jumps....(even if they get dinged for UR...obviously he can land them)

2) it's a local competition, that he more than likely has in the bag.

3) he's got nothing to lose.... it's most likely his last shot at such hard jumps the older he gets, and if he can do them now, then he should as he might not be able to next season, supposing he sticks around after the games.

4) just think, if he gets credit for the combo, WOW!!:rock:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Oh B, I think you did a big BIG mistake, that you left the door open to plushyta to choose a pic of Evgeni!:biggrin:

you like this?http://lh4.ggpht.com/_idu8GHog288/SutqiR2vL_I/AAAAAAAAEqI/5crgjVzR7nw/s640/DSC04072.JPG

It is of the very few I made, from Gala, dont like to take pics when comp is running plus I dont have the camera neither the talent for those kind of photos.
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/92301493/AFP
How about this one? :laugh:

No, I'm joking. I just find the finger picture really unattractive, and I think a fan would want to find something that better represents a favorite skater, rather than metaphorically giving non-fans the finger. I was hoping Plushyta would find something that she likes that shows Plushenko at his best, because that one isn't it.

Thanks for sharing your pic, having been at TEB I understand how hard it is to get good ones...

antmanb

Record Breaker
Plushyta, every time I see your sig picture I feel like I'm being given the finger. Can we please have a more attractive picture of Evgeni? Don't pretend you don't have one ;):p.

You are benig given the finger! The Plushy finger!! :rofl:

Seriously though I quite like the picture in Plushyta's sig and even as a non fan i don't get all the upset caused by the finger!

Ant

seniorita

Record Breaker
!:eek:wow, i had underestimated The Power of the Finger.
It hit Ant:eek: He has entered the twilight zone.
You are kidding, right?
Cause if not, at which point we should start being worried about you?

antmanb

Record Breaker
!:eek:wow, i had underestimated The Power of the Finger.
It hit Ant:eek: He has entered the twilight zone.
You are kidding, right?
Cause if not, at which point we should start being worried about you?

I actually found the whole thing pretty funny! I didn't see the big problem...where did he finish in that competition, oh yeah first! He got his jumps landed back in international competition and set himself up nicely with a good comeback skate with his eye on Euros and Olys. So what if he had his finger out thinking he's number 1, he's earned the bragging rights. We've seen upthread Joubert isn't beyond getting his own finger out to celebrate, and there are bound to be loads of others who have done the same at some point. Emotions run high after a great skate...i don't feel strongly about reactions immediately after a skater has performed.

Ant

Buttercup

Record Breaker
You are benig given the finger! The Plushy finger!! :rofl:

Seriously though I quite like the picture in Plushyta's sig and even as a non fan i don't get all the upset caused by the finger!

Ant
I don't have a problem with athletes proclaiming themselves number 1. I just find that particular picture, um, aesthetically not pleasing? Here are some examples of finger pointing technique done correctly:
Example 1: for the record, these people are not, in fact, no 1. Though they do seem happy.
Example 2, the double finger, AKA "I'm no. 11!".
Example 3 - by a well feathered individual who is not Evan Lysacek

Last edited:

antmanb

Record Breaker
I don't have a problem with athletes proclaiming themselves number 1. I just find that particular picture, um, aesthetically not pleasing? Here are some examples of finger pointing technique done correctly:
Example 1: for the record, these people are not, in fact, no 1. Though they do seem happy.
Example 2, the double finger, AKA "I'm no. 11!".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fantastic! Those are all great examples B!!

I really do like the pic in Plushyta's sig *refrains from saying anything about not having to look at Plush's face*

And i now i will run and hide from Seniorita!

Ant

Milas

Rinkside
Apparently it is still very popular in certain parts of the world. :eek: :biggrin:

I feel confident I will never have to dye my hair blonde and wear such a ridiculous haircut. Not as long as "Birdman" Evan can lace up his skates ;):p:laugh:

:laugh: Well, as a Plush fan it's frustrating the power of the mullet...I don't care for it either, but there's nothing I can do about it, so I try to ignore it. :laugh:

There are pictures of Plush with slightly better hair...still mullet, but less power...

http://plushwinner.narod.ru/photo/pics/onegin2.jpg

He's readinga a blank paper...geez, you'd think they could have scribbled something on it at least... :laugh:

There's this saying that if you learn the art of reading that which is not written -- if you learn the art of reading a blank paper -- you will be able to understand God.

...which is why I'll never understand God. :laugh: It just looks blank to me. :eek:hwell:

More pics...

http://plushwinner.narod.ru/photo/pics/onegin1.jpg

http://plushwinner.narod.ru/photo/pics/onegin3.jpg

This is my first post! And I'm still alive... :eek:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Hi there, Milas! Thanks for the links, this is what I meant when I posted about good pics, even with mullet power. :)

Milas

Rinkside

:laugh:

Haven't you heard? Evan is a fine-feathered Firebird. It's just... something is bothering me, will Evan shed feathers like birds to during their molting periods?

Ok, my brain was instantly assaulted with disturbing images of Evan shedding feathers on ice and regrowing them instantly... and then a slithering feather-headed snake ate him. :scratch:

Or was it a mullet-headed snake? :unsure:

I just realized that the feathery creature in the link was about Plush and finger pointing and not Evan...sorry...

seniorita

Record Breaker
Ouch!
Hey new plushy fan on board! :clap:I m excited!Welcome !!!
But from all the pics in the world you picked the one that they had painted evgeni like a clown???

From the photoshoot you posted i like these, isnt it the same era?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_idu8GHog288/SQz347JbafI/AAAAAAAABlA/RkpWf_Hckqw/w4.jpg
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_idu8GHog288/SQz36tQcSRI/AAAAAAAABlg/rX2gt26RV-0/s640/w1.jpg

And this is the c u t e s t ever, I dont know what to squeeze first, Plushy or the doggie. http://lh6.ggpht.com/_idu8GHog288/SQZAmVQeqDI/AAAAAAAAAPA/_O7I8W2oxGM/s800/plushyanddog.gif
You see Ant how many things you have in common?:biggrin:
*refrains from saying anything about not having to look at Plush's face*

:unsure:I DONT believe you said that JUST like that in the Plushy Temple:eek:

Milas

Rinkside
Thanks! :)

Ouch! But from all the pics in the world you picked the one that they had painted evgeni like a clown???

:laugh: I know, but this was the only one I could find where he's actually holding up two fingers, so we'll just have to suffer the make-up, don't we?

Honestly, I've seen worse make-up on skaters... promise... not that it makes you feel any better about it. :laugh:

Yep.

I also like these (not from the same photoshoot of course)...

Click me
Again with the "click me"

Yes, the mullet, I know...

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
Is this considered a mullet also?

Cause this is the shortest plushair i may have seen and I could live with that, it looked nice!:)