Page 105 of 174 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2602

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Here is some real Plushy news I just saw at another site.

Apparently Plushy's home town is planning to erect a statue in his honor.
    Not many skaters have a statue in their honor so this is very exciting news!.

To pick the statue they had a contest and over 300 different sculptors entered their work for consideration.

Here is the winner!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049199@N02/2846813518/

I think they made a wise choice as this magnificent work captures the true essense of Plushy, the man and the skater

But Janetfan, the statue is upside-down!

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    But Janetfan, the statue is upside-down!
    Of course, because it is not permanently mounted yet.
    Currently it is on a temporary base with wheels and is being taken to towns and cities all over Russia.
    The "Mighty Finger" is like their version of the Olympic torch

The King has arrived - no questions! plushyta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    wow, too many ex champions went to see Rostel! Averbukh arrived to see plush and left?Lol!
    ... as and Kostomarov, Tikhonov, Albena Denkova, Maxim Staviski ....

Seriously now, in Moscow I must have spotted a lot of men with mullet style, so I concluded that it is their national haircut. Yags must be the exception of the rule. It is not only Plushenko, in metro and in tv i must have seen too many guys having the same haircut more or less, ...
    Has anyone here looked at the "old" Russian movies - "Alexander Nevsky", "Andrey Rublyov"...?
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0029850/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0060107/
    I am surprised that you do not know, that it is typical of the Russian national hairstyles

No wig, we want THE MULLET !
    Khmmm... what is mullet?

Quote Originally Posted by janetfan View Post
    Here is some real Plushy news I just saw at another site.

Apparently Plushy's home town is planning to erect a statue in his honor.
    Not many skaters have a statue in their honor so this is very exciting news!....
    http://velena.ru/translations/NM_2009.html

Nikolai Morozov:
    «I WOULD BUILD A STATUE FOR PLUSHENKO»
    NM: I was blown by Evgeni Pluschenko’s skating. So far it’s the strongest impression of the season. I would build a statue for him. It’s hard to give a score for what he had done.

- EV: I.e. you didn’t even consider the possibility of his comeback?
    - NM: No, why? At the time I was deeply involved in Yagudin/Pluschenko rivalry when they both were getting ready for the SLC games. I know the guys well and I know what are they capable of. When Yagudin considered coming back to the sports before his hip surgery he came to train with me in New Jersey, skated for a couple of days and even attempted to land a quad. Those are the skaters of a different level. Not like any others. In Pluschenko’s plans to come back I didn’t see anything impossible, but I was overwhelmed in Moscow not by his triple and quad jumps, but by the fact that he looks better on the ice now than he was at 2006.

- EV: Many are mentioning that. As well as the fact it would be hard for Pluschenko to accommodate to the new system as far as the non jumping elements go.
    - NM: I don’t want to talk about it. The last world championships were won by the skaters who can’t even perform a quad. I don’t consider it normal.

- EV: I remember our conversation half a year prior to the Turino Olympics. Back then you said the value of the quad should be higher. But it still haven’t happened. Is an attempt for a hard element justified when it is not scored particularly high?
    - NM: I think those who are capable to land the quads will attempt them in Vancouver. That is if they want to win, of course. Take Joubert: he meant to jump 3 quads them in Grand Prix in Paris and it was not because Pluschenko came back. And it doesn’t matter that he was unable to land them: after all the goal is the same: to win in Vancouver....

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyta View Post
    Khmmm... what is mullet?
    MUst Love Lori and Endorse the Tanning

MUst Love Lori and Endorse the Tanning

Many Upstairs Loves Learn Eating Tuna ?

P.S. I have my first Plushy avatar!!!

Custom Title
    http://velena.ru/translations/NM_2009.html

Nikolai Morozov: The last world championships were won by the skaters who can’t even perform a quad. I don’t consider it normal.
    I totally agree with him. That's what I thought.

Many Upstairs Loves Learn Eating Tuna ?

P.S. I have my first Plushy avatar!!!
    congrats - and your latest siggybanner screams for a crown.

Is this considered a mullet also?

Cause this is the shortest plushair i may have seen and I could live with that, it looked nice!
    I don't think it is... it's the same style that Keith Urban (Mr. Nicole Kidman) has... which I also don't like lol

Tripping on the Podium
    I leave you alone for a while and you write several pages of...eh....stuff. It's hard keeping up with this thread.

Are we endorsing tanning now? Because really, I never cared for Evan's.

I doubt evgeni will get any tanning if he hangs around in the the mountains of Moria
    new ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXdPQYUaMA

Tripping on the Podium
    I doubt evgeni will get any tanning if he hangs around in the the mountains of Moria
    new ad http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CXdPQYUaMA
    True. This ad can stay

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    congrats - and your latest siggybanner screams for a crown.
    Yes plushyta put a crown!lol, it also works effectively for the mullet!

Keith Urban is h o t

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    There are pictures of Plush with slightly better hair...still mullet, but less power...

http://plushwinner.narod.ru/photo/pics/onegin2.jpg
    I've seen this photo before, and I actually really like it. So if Plushenko perm his hair like this, it will look a lot better. But I actually don't mind his mullet that much. It has already become him. Of course, if he ever changes his mind and decides to change to the hair style into this photo, it'll be better.

Or how about:

Monstrously
    Unbeatable
    Large
    Long and
    Enormous
    Toe-loops

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    I've seen this photo before, and I actually really like it. So if Plushenko perm his hair like this, it will look a lot better. But I actually don't mind his mullet that much. It has already become him. Of course, if he ever changes his mind and decides to change to the hair style into this photo, it'll be better.
    I agree and also think the picture of Plushy "studying the dinner menu" is very nice He looks so peaceful mulling (not "mulleting" ) over what to order.

I also agree that the mullet suits him and after all of these years it would feel strange to see him change it.

Figure skating needs more iconic images.
    Michelle's coe spiral and Plushy's enduring mullet are without a doubt the two most recognizable images in the skating world.

American fans are always greatful to Plushy because his mullet honors the original "Mullet King" of men's figure skating..

http://www.thelugeman.com/scott%202.jpg
    Last edited by janetfan; 11-17-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Page 105 of 174 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 155 ... LastLast