Page 12 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post

As Norma Desmond would say, "We didn't need sound, we had our eyes."
    Actually the line is "We didn't need dialogue. We had faces."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    ITA!! My two favorite skaters - but who will I root for? What a decision!
    My favorite skaters too! It's hard to choose, but for me it's clear. I'm Russian

In the interview Evgeni said that he've been working for 2 months, he knows that next season everyone will look at his jumps if it will be fully rotated or not, at his spins, arms, etc. and he's ready for it. He also said something about Joubert. He said that he was in shock when Brian had a mistake and didn't do 4-3 but still was at 1 place after SP

Quote Originally Posted by oxade21 View Post
    Well, he is definitely getting ready at least in bad-mouthing Joubert. That comment was catty
    What did he say?

Ant

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    Well, I don't know if you can watch it out of Russia, but here's some video of Plushenko's practice
    http://www.5-tv.ru/news/18297/
    Thanks for the video.

Was it just me, or did I hear Carmen playing in the background at one point?

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    Was it just me, or did I hear Carmen playing in the background at one point?
    Oy, you're right, it's Carmen!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Oy, you're right, it's Carmen!
    Katharina Gerboldt use Carmen for her Long Programm ... so I think, it is her music

Quote Originally Posted by Eurofan View Post
    Actually the line is "We didn't need dialogue. We had faces."
    Thanks for the correction. My elderly mind has its problems. But the point remains, there is a tendency to appreciate more the boasting rather than the substance. After all it is about skate-to-ice firstly and anything else is just an added attraction.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli_Huber View Post
    Katharina Gerboldt use Carmen for her Long Programm ... so I think, it is her music
    Yes, it was Katarina's music. She and Evgeni have the same coaches and practice at the same place

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    What did he say?

Ant
    He said that he was even more confident in his success in Vancouver after he saw Joubert's scores at this Worlds. He couldn't believe the scores Joubert got with that crap skate
    Also he sounded like others do not even exist.

He said that he was even more confident in his success in Vancouver after he saw Joubert's scores at this Worlds. He couldn't believe the scores Joubert got with that crap skate
    Also he sounded like others do not even exist.
    The others don't for Plushenko. Joubert's the only one capable of beating Plushy at 2006 level. BUT, I think Plushenko fails to perhaps see that the judges aren't going to be so forigiving with him, or so willing to have him jump in and take Gold.

There was a feeling in 2006 that he deserved it, I doubt that feeling exists today.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    He couldn't believe the scores Joubert got with that crap skate
    is this free translation or what?cause i read the interview and nowhere he says something like that.He speaks about joub failing his combo and still be first but this had to do with the fact that none was better than this.

maybe the general feeling is that joumbert deserves this time the OG but honestly for me joumbert since last olympics had only one great season with good skating.

Very sorry to see the crazy haired man who looks like a tramp advising him on choreo from the sidelines though. Looks like i'll still run screaming away from the choreography... new head grabbing...oh dear!
    and i thought i had put you on the virtue path..thats what happens when i m away!

i imagine the hype next year about the reigning OC defending his title,every olympics need its drama i guess (a la phelps) the only one who could be annoyed by plushenko coming back is dick button

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    is this free translation or what?cause i read the interview and nowhere he says something like that.He speaks about joub failing his combo and still be first but this had to do with the fact that none was better than this.
    Stop it, I am trying to flame the next big rivalry
    However it is is not the words, it is how he says it.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    The others don't for Plushenko. Joubert's the only one capable of beating Plushy at 2006 level.
    Takahashi. If people keep counting him out I will scream. He holds the record for the highest competition score, not Joubert.

Takahashi. If people keep counting him out I will scream. He holds the record for the highest competition score, not Joubert.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    No more so than Joubert, it would seem.

Page 12 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 112 ... LastLast