Page 13 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    No more so than Joubert, it would seem.
    Ugh. No Daisuke is way more of a headcase than Joubert. May I point out to you 2008 worlds, where Daisuke even did an Oda (did four combos) along with the multiple screw ups. He's only had one good worlds, and even then he put himself far back enough in the short program to take it out of his hands.

I love Daisuke's skating, but I'm not convinced at all that Daisuke can rise to the challenge. I am convinced that Joubert can, in fact I think part of Joubert's problem is he pays to much attention to others and plays it safe to much. He actually hilariously enough skates his best when he's challenged.
    Last edited by bekalc; 04-03-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Joubert vs. Plushenko for Gold!! We know much about Joubert. What do we know about Plushenko since 2006? He's had a difficult divorce; his skating is limited to shows. We don't know if he is able to increase his technical since last Olys. Are there any reports on his practice? He's not the fair haired boy anymore. The judges should not quiver with the mention of his name. Will he skate 2010? Will he be fully trained?

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Meli_Huber View Post
    Katharina Gerboldt use Carmen for her Long Programm ... so I think, it is her music
    Um. OK!

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    The others don't for Plushenko. Joubert's the only one capable of beating Plushy at 2006 level. BUT, I think Plushenko fails to perhaps see that the judges aren't going to be so forigiving with him, or so willing to have him jump in and take Gold.
    How can anyone know this?

Until Pluschenko skates we will not have a clue how the judges will score him.

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    and i thought i had put you on the virtue path..thats what happens when i m away!
    I know seniorita but did you see the head grabbing?? DID YOU SEE IT??

Ant

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    what is head grabbing?like evan's face touching??
    to be honest i was looking at somewhere else, i didnt notice anything :o

what is head grabbing?like evan's face touching??
    to be honest i was looking at somewhere else, i didnt notice anything :o
    Face touching, head grabbing, pelvic thrusting, swatting invisible flies around your head. These are all things that make me cringe when watching skating.

Ant

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    Face touching, head grabbing, pelvic thrusting, swatting invisible flies around your head. These are all things that make me cringe when watching skating.

Ant

Thanks for making me laugh, Ant.

ETA: It was the invisible flies around the head that got me. So "Mad" magazine. lol I am still chuckling. Potzrebie!
    Last edited by Dodhiyel; 04-06-2009 at 11:50 AM.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico

Ant

Skating? I thought you were describing a trip to the strip club! LOL

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Face touching, head grabbing, pelvic thrusting, swatting invisible flies around your head. These are all things that make me cringe when watching skating.Ant
    i just saw the head grabbing, yeah it is not nice...like he wants to get rid of his head.But maybe it is a concentration move.
    I liked a lot some his hand movements though..also the fact that he covers miles of ice when he jumps, i didnt see it in worlds a lot this year and it bothers me when someone jumps and almost returns on the same spot

and it is not flies, it is bees..

Rinkside
    Just questions......(I delete the first one because it seems not polite. Sorry for that......)

And, I forget if I have asked before......is he natural blond? because his hair color keeps changing since 1998 till now= =
    Last edited by caran; 04-07-2009 at 04:17 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by caran View Post
    And, I forget if I have asked before......is he natural blond? because his hair color keeps changing since 1998 till now= =
    Yeah, he's natural blond but hair's getting darker with age so nothing's surprising.

To your first question I even don't know how to answer. I hope it was a joke.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    Yeah, he's natural blond but hair's getting darker with age so nothing's surprising.

To your first question I even don't know how to answer. I hope it was a joke.
    very thanks. it's just question about some blond guy's hair becoming darker like brown by time going, not only plushy, but also some others as Stephen Hendry (Snooker) and Jurgen Klinsmann. I always wonder if they are dying the hair or not......Sorry for my curiosity and i really don't want to offend.

Custom Title
    maybe the general feeling is that joumbert deserves this time the OG but honestly for me joumbert since last olympics had only one great season with good skating.
    Maybe some people think so, but I believe that no-one deserves an Olympic gold medal, it must be won.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    ...I believe that no-one deserves an Olympic gold medal, it must be won.

Page 13 of 174 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 63 113 ... LastLast