Page 170 of 174 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 2602

Thread: Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2010!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Buit the big question -- will we be able to keep this thread going for four more years?
    Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2011!
    Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2012!
    Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2013!
    Plushenko will honour us with his presence in 2014!

Custom Title
    I am actually in favor of openning a new thread for Plushenko for new season. (Sorry, Seniorita and Plushyta.) I think it'll be easier to find information we want if we ever want to go back to dig. JMO. You can ignore me.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I was thinking the same anyway, it is past its prime and not much fun anymore. People made it fun anyway. And no new thread, I dont want Plushy to honor anyone anymore. He is more enjoyable in shows, has better programs there and people leave him in peace. And I dont want him to be ruining his body and be in such pain. I wish he was out of Worlds also.

I know I behave as the queen of universe most of the times...but pleasssse, you dont need my permission to close the thread. We can lock it ...and name it the platinum thread

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I was thinking the same anyway, it is past its prime and not much fun anymore. People made it fun anyway. And no new thread, I dont want Plushy to honor anyone anymore. He is more enjoyable in shows, has better programs there and people leave him in peace. And I dont want him to be ruining his body and be in such pain. I wish he was out of Worlds also.

I know I behave as the queen of universe most of the times...but pleasssse, you dont need my permission to close the thread. We can lock it ...and name it the platinum thread

You are too funny sometimes seniorita!

Hey maybe plush will go to worlds and chance a 3A/4T combination?!

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post

Ant
    what has he got to lose? I say go for it.

You are too funny sometimes seniorita!
    Sometimes?
    what was funny in that by the way, I was dead serious.:sheesh:

if he want me to kick his azz and yours also for suggesting it.

Custom Title
    Maybe Plushenko wants to destroy his knees. He said that he gets weekly injections in them. Can't feel too good. Oh well he wants to take that risk, go ahead mullet man.

yeah lets lock it, people are not getting enough in Oly threads and have come here as well...

In a happy note I like Plushy when he smiles and I want this blue jacket for me pleaasssseee!

Custom Title
    I watched The King's interview again & again & again to make sure I heard him correctly. And he definitely says he will go to Worlds in Torino, which can be heard at 0:59 seconds into the interview (click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t1JNk1-OMM)

When the interviewer asks him about whether he will go to Sochi 2014 at 0:37 seconds into the interview, EP says at 0:42 seconds into the interview -- 4 years is a long time, and first I need to finish this season -- lol, then he says how he likes Torino because of the 2006 Olympic Games there.

Then EP continues at 0:56 seconds into the interview -- so first I need to finish the season, skate there, then I have big tour in Europe & Russia & Japan & Korea, and I'm gonna skate there, and I have to decide (talking about Sochi) because I already make two surgeries, my knee & ankle/ankle problem, and after this I need to see my shape. And of course if I won or not, we'll see, but of course it's great to be in Russia, in Sochi, to skate there, because Russians is everything, and finally we have Winter Olympic Games. It's really important for us, and Sochi is beautiful city, by the sea, and 30/40 minutes away you have mountains, it's great. And of course we're going to do everything, because Prime Minister/President gonna do everything, and they're going to make it a beautiful Olympic Games.

Of course that's my dream, to continue, and compete, but of course I would like to continue & compete if judging system would change.

And the The King goes on to thank his fans, etc.

Off topic a bit, but I've been studying about the Black Sea, which I first became intrigued with many many many years ago when Oksana Baiul mentioned it, how beautiful it is, etc. I recall Oksana saying how she loved the tropical like climate of the Black Sea, blini, and caviar, as the Black Sea is also situated in the Ukraine. The pictures I've seen of it take my breath away! I've always been a lover of the sea, but I think it calls to me because the human body is made up of 98% water, thus my attraction.

So many wonderful things to look forward to at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games ~ beauty, art, culture, history.

ps: I looooove The King's blue Sochi jacket, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Definitely need to get one of those.

EDITED TO ADD: lol, an acquaintance of mine went to the Russia-Czech hockey game on Sunday & said The King was sitting a few rows behind him. So he took a pic of his wife & EP sitting together chatting, only problem is it wasn't EP, ROTFLMAO!

Yags interview
    For Plushenko:
    "Although what he received was the silver medal, I believe there is no one in this sport today who can match him."
    Well he says many things about his life, but most are known facts, I put it mostly here cause it has some hot pics for Dee.

Custom Title
    Thanks, seniorita, for the translation. Good to hear Yagudin give Plushenko credit. I remember he was in the stands when The King competed at Rostelecom Cup this past October 2009, and he said he will be hard to beat.

Just now I came across this article, dated February 24th, 2010, on the Entertainment Weekly gossip site (click here: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/24/ev...ith-the-stars/), wherein Evan Lysacek alludes to The King as such:

On his IMDB acting credit, “Vladimir Plushenko” in a film titled Great Skate!: “I appeared in a short film, and played a washed-up, alcoholic, chain-smoking Russian skater turned coach. It was a very fun role, and I had no shortage of my own Russian…’experiences’ to bring to the table.”

Sounds like the old *stereotype* against the Russian people. Prejudice rears its ugly head sooner or later, no matter how well hidden or couched in niceties...
    Last edited by Nadine; 02-24-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: added niceties *wink*

Custom Title
    Hmm, this AM I read something intriguing in regards to the machinations behind the scenes in regards to the outcome of the Mens event at the 2010 Olympics. From a skating insider no less. Good food for thought. In all honesty though he just validated what I already knew in my head. So it was no great epiphany. Only the ignorant & naive believe that politics do not play a part in figure skating outcomes, it has since the beginning, and still does today. One must learn to play the game, or one loses. This time the North Americans won. Congrats to Frank Carroll and his team of Scott Hamilton, Joe Inman, Christine Brennan, and I dare say Phillip Hersh amongst others (I remember when the latter two got together after one of the early GPs & were betting on who would win the Olympics; thus far they have been correct in every phase of the competition). North America is catching up and looks to overtake the Russian & Europoean Federations. They scored big time with the COP coup. Now I await to see if the other federations have any muscle/pull to challenge them.

Link to said article: http://auntjoyceicecreamstand.blogsp...-politics.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    what has he got to lose? I say go for it.
    His knees?

Half seriously, but i agree with you - what has he got to lose and it would get him ni the history books again even if not landed - the quad attmept as the second half of combination.

Ant

Custom Title
    I think that's a good idea, but unnecessary, as the King already has his name in the history books.

You know he reminds me of Mao Asada in that way, she already made history when she successfully completed two 3Axels in the GPF a year or so ago, yet she continues to do it even though she doesn't have to. Same for Evgeni. I personally find it fascinating.

Hmmm..

Visually, the clip alternated between close-up shots of Plushenko and eerie, sepia-tinged footage of Saint Petersburg landmarks, including the iconic Church on Spilled Blood reflected in a turbulent canal. The metaphor of stormy waters was difficult to miss and images of Lenin and Stalinist architecture were thrown in as if for good measure, making this viewer wonder, What decade is it?
    well..I find surprising that 4 years before they have made a drama video of the boy wandering in St Peters street wanting to fullfil his dream and win Olympic Gold for his parents. It seems in between many things have changed. But then back in Torino they didnt have a gold contender that Plush was threatening somehow..Both videos fall in soap opera category for me. But if you concider the quadchenko, artistry vs quad, platinum medal and all the crap I ve seen in all broadcats, the villain is the most funny.

Plushenko 's problem

this i agree with most of it. Most...
    About good taste won, I m not sure. Its all about taste at the end.
    But I agree about what he says for Plushenko choice's , although St Peters 300, I liked this program. Back some months I had told someone here that I dont like his programs choices, but well, not in public, i had a crown to defend

His knees?

Half seriously, but i agree with you - what has he got to lose and it would get him ni the history books again even if not landed - the quad attmept as the second half of combination.

Ant
    I think I didnt threaten you enough..:boohoo:

Page 170 of 174 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 LastLast